Underdressed Ninja

Recorded Memories

“This is more like it.” Amber grabbed the remote and sat on her couch, feet on top of the coffee table, wearing her fluffy pink slippers. “Finally nothing to do today” She went through the usual channels she likes, no good shows to watch. “Well this isn’t a good start.” She was expecting of doing something fun. She wasn’t in the mood to watch a movie either.

She looked around for something to do. She sat there in the middle of couch with her legs crossed. “I could clean.” She thought that’s something she likes to do. She looked around again her apartment. “Damn it! What to do now?” She realized that she kept her apartment tidy.

Her apartment would just be messy if ever she has many non-work related activities like a friend came to Korea and she would be accompanying her, parties to attend to because she has too many friends, and of course, the company always wants for f(x) to practice even if there were no events to attend to, not like she was complaining, at least she was doing something and she would be too tired to clean since she would be at home for only a few hours and out for the rest of the day.

She suddenly remembered the times her apartment were messy. Sulli offering to help her clean and ended up teasing her about having a tape with Henry – still grossed out by that by the way. How could Sulli even think of that?

At least the other time her apartment was messy was during the time Henry should be the one cleaning since he lost a bet and she took care of him instead and cleaned to apartment for him since he was too sick to fulfill his promise. She was both a bit of a neat freak and a clutter bug anyways. So clutter didn’t bother her but she liked it more to keep things organized and clean as well. 

She yawned. “I will just sleep then.” She turned off the lights, went to her cozy bed and chose to sleep that rest of the day.

 

-x-

 

She raised her head from her pillow when she was awakened by the sound of something breaking. Someone broke in her apartment. She grabbed a samurai sword, similar to one of the swords seen in anime she loves to watch, that she bought online under her bed, and slowly walking towards whoever caused the sound she heard.

 

Upon opening the door, she saw that the lights weren’t on. She checked if the main door was left open and if her things were rampaged already. She was vigilant of her surroundings as she walked towards the only lit area of her apartment, the kitchen. “Is that what I think it is?” The aroma coming from the kitchen reached her bedroom. Her stomach grumbled, “There are far more important things to worry about,” speaking in low voice while looking at it.

In her wife beater and boxers, holding up a sword, looking like an underdressed ninja, she gently walked towards the kitchen to avoid sudden squeaking of her wooden floors.

“Oh come on!” Pointing the sword down, she was clearly worried for nothing. It was only Henry cooking, in her delight, something good.

Henry had an apron on, throwing the shards of the broken plate he dropped on the floor in the garbage bin, and looked at Amber, “You own a sword? Put that down, will you? You could have killed me with that.”

“I thought someone broke in. I was only protecting myself.” She explained her actions.

“By confronting that person with a sword?” He watched his hands and wiped them on his apron.

“Yes. With a sword.”

“Wearing that?” He pointed at what she was wearing at that moment, even noticing her bra strap which he didn’t usually notice.

He then added salt and pepper to whatever he was cooking.

“What? Do expect want me to change the clothes I am wearing before confronting the intruder? That will take some time.”

“Putting on a robe, or a shirt and pants will only take like two minutes.”

“Don’t worry. Next time, I will.”

“At least this time, the intruder turned out to be me.”

“Why are you even here, Henry?”

“You didn’t call or text me to buy you food, which is weird so I thought to cook for you.” He pinched her cheek. “And please wear more clothes.”

He then proceeded on chopping some vegetables.

“You can’t tell me what to do. This is my house, I can wear whatever I want, Henry.”

“Well, it is distracting me…a bit.”

“A bit?”

“Okay, a lot”

“That’s more like it.” She smiled at him. “Fine. I will wear something else for you,” walking back to her room, taking the other apron on the counter with her.

“Thank you.” He replied, not looking at her, mixing the ingredients he just added in the frying pan.

 

-x-

 

She saw the small video camera Henry always carries in his bag which was placed on one of the chairs, turned it on, pressed the record button and placed it above the dining table, facing the camera towards the kitchen.

“There, happy now?” She told him.

He almost dropped the bottle of soy sauce he was holding, and coughed because of the orange juice he was drinking, surprised seeing Amber wearing boxers and an apron without any shirt or wife beater underneath, only her bra. She even turned around for him to see her back and her tattoos.

Tears in her eyes, hands on her stomach, laughing as she saw Henry’s reaction. “Thank goodness, the video camera is on. It was so funny. Oh God, I can’t stop laughing,” wiping her eyes.

“Very funny” He told her. “Never wear something like that again.”

“Never? Are you sure?” Teasing him more, by turning around, slowly pulling one of the strings of the apron.

“Forget that I ever said that” He immediate took his words back.

She stood near him, turned around, and asked, “Do you mind tightly tying the strings for me?”

“Not at all,” he tied the strings of her apron, “There, all done.”

Amber kissed him on the cheek. “Thanks, Chef Henry.” And walked towards the table, sitting one of the chairs, crossing her legs.

Henry cleared his throat. It was getting too hot in the kitchen and went the fridge to drink a bottle of cold water.

“Am I too hot to handle?” She was now holding the video camera. “And are you forgetting about something?”

“!” He hurried back to what he was cooking.

 

-x-