D-Day

If This Ain't Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

YOONA's P.O.V

If you think just because I’m a trainee now, I’d get to be treated specially. Nope. Nope. Nope.

 

It’s still a normal day in school: teachers torturing students in classes, students hanging out with friends, bullies bullying nerds, and me passing out in my desk. I heard the bell rang but I was too tired to move a muscle. Jonghyun had to pull me up and make me bow downt to escape away from detention. When the teacher left, everyone started making noises and started leaving. Jonghyun shook me and woke me up.

I stifled a yawn before stretching my arms and legs out.

“What happened again?”

I sniffed. I think I’m having colds now. “Nothing special.” I answered casually.

“Really?”

“Hey!” Seohyun suddenly came. She bowed down politely to her sunbaenims before entering. “What’s your plan for this afternoon, Ms. Soon-to-be-superstar?” She teased.

I covered and threatened her. “I told you to stop calling me that! You wanna die, huh?”

She giggled.

“So…” Jonghyun broke in. “You took the offer?”

I looked at him, dumbfounded and said the dumbest thing ever. “You didn’t know?”

He scoffed then smiled. “How would I know? My best friend didn’t even care to inform me.” He dropped the bomb then left.

I looked at Seohyun. She was as stunned as I am.

“Uh-oh.” We both said in chorus then ran after Jonghyun.

“Jong!” I called him out while running. “Please stop! Let’s talk! Listen to me!”

And he did. He stopped but didn’t turn around.

I ran as fast as I can and was able to catch him. I rested my hands in his shoulders and turned him around. I took a second to catch my breath. “Hold on.” I said as I gasp for air.

“Okay. Let’s talk. Explain.” He ordered like a boss.

I took one last deep breath then talked. “I’m sorry I wasn’t able to tell you. Things got a little bit crazy yesterday and I was too tired to work my brains out and I completely forgot to tell my best friend and…” I thought for something sincere to say. “I’m stupid, okay. Sorry.” I said it in the most sincere way.

He didn’t say anything.

“Well, say something.” I shook him lightly.

“When did you accept the offer?”

“Just this morning.” I answered fast.

“Why did you accept it?”

“Because—“ I paused then looked at him.

He raised his eyebrow.

I started to mumble things out. “B-because… it’s …” I took a deep breath. “My only hope.”

“To what?” He pushed.

“To change and live my life.”

“You sure that’s the reason?” He looked at me suspiciously.

I wasn’t able to answer.

“See.” He started to walk away.

“It’s what I want, Jong!” I shouted at him and he stopped. “It’s my only key, right now.” I sounded desperate. “I have nowhere to go, you know that. I don’t want to live constant. I want to move and live life.”

He slowly turned around but he didn’t meet my eye.

“Why does everyone have to oppose to me?” I sighed. “I feel like such a bad guy.”

Seohyun suddenly came running. She was out of breath and tired. “What did I miss out?” She asked in between breaths.

“Your sister turning into the school's drama queen.” Jonghyun answered and I laughed.

“Really?’ Seohyun looked at me. “Well, I’ve seen enough of that.”

We all laughed.

-----------------------------------------

 

L’s P.O.V

Rehearsals at the company building today. Whoo. Tired. Sweaty. Hungry.

 

“Who wants fried chicken?” Sunggyu-hyung suddenly announced and all our hands rose up. “Who wants to buy it?” And all our hands went down. Keke~

“Rock-paper-scissors!” Hoya challenged.

“Fine!” Dongwoo-hyung stood up and pulled us all up.

I sighed. I’m really not good with this one.

True enough, all of them took out paper… well, except for Dongwoo-hyung and Sunggyu-hyung who took out rock like me. At least I won’t be alone in buying chicken.

Woohyun-hyung laughed at Sunggyu-hyung. “You were even the one who suggested this.”

“Me? Hoya suggested this!” He pointed Hoya.

Hoya laughed. “But you suggested buying chicken! I wasn’t gonna challenge all of you rock-paper-scissors if you didn’t put chicken on the line!” He stuck out his tongue to Sunggyu-hyung. Aish. Such chodings.

“Ya! How dare you say that to your hyung, huh?” Sunggyu-hyung shouted at Hoya.

“Hyung…” Woohyun-hyung stopped them and we all turned to him.

 

 

 

“Just buy the chicken.” Was all he said.

We all laughed at his witty way of stopping the fight. Even Sunggyu-hyung, who was laughing while approaching Woohyun-hyung. He wrestled him and twisted his body. Woohyun-hyung kept on laughing even on that twisted position. I decided to stop them already and buy the chicken. I went to them and pulled Sunggyu-hyung but he managed to cling into Woohyun-hyung’s legs. It turned out I was dragging the both them out of the studio and the three of us went to buy chicken.

“Ah! This is so unfair!” Woohyun-hyung complained like a kid.

“Got no choice, kiddo. You’re already here. With us.” Sunggyu-hyung arrogantly opened his arms wide.

We laughed a bit.

Woohyun-hyung was walking like he was dragging his heavy feet.

I pushed him. “Ya! Let’s just buy the chicken, okay?” I .

Sunggyu-hyung laughed then high fived me.

Meanwhile, Woohyun-hyung was like: =_____=

 

-----------------------------------------

 

YOONA’s P.O.V

I’m still not in the mood to move a muscle but I had no choice. This is the path I chose. I have to work it.

 

I started to walk on the busy streets of Seoul, making my way to Woollim Ent’s Building. I called Mr. Lee Jung Yeop and he asked me to just take the subway and go on the Company’s Building. Ugh. I mean—aren’t trainees entitled to have a limousine and a personal driver? Nah, I’m kidding.

Finally, after walking so far, I’ve arrived to the building’s entrance. It was nothing special. It doesn’t even look like a company building. It was simple yet very comfortable. I took my phone out of my pocket and started calling Mr. Lee. I don’t want to go inside alone. They might freak out and think I’m a punk or worst thug.

The phone rang 4 times then he answered.

YOONA AND LEE JUNG YEOP’s CONVO

Mr. Lee: Arrived already?

Yoona: Yep. As what you told me, I took the subway to come here and walked a little bit. I’m at the building’s entrance now but uh… I don’t want to come in alone. They might freak out and think I’m a criminal so… I need help.  Are you busy? Can you come down just a tiny little sec and he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter