41

Will you open your eyes and look at me?

"Seyoung-ah.... Are you really sure?"

"....." Seyoung didn't say anything but just went up stairs to her room.

 

In the bedroom.

Jongsuk went into the bathroom.

I sat on the bed.

"Yeobo..... Oppa.... Do you remember 13 years ago when I got pregnant for the first time? I had to erase that baby because I was weak.... I'm still sorry for that baby.... I don't know what to do....." I mumbled to myself.

"Yeobo, what are you doing sitting on the bed?" Jongsuk came out from the bathroom.

"Yeo...Yeobo.... Do you remember the time whenyou saw me at the baby's shop 13 years ago?"

"Eunjung-ah......"

"But then after several months, we met again at a funeral. Howevver, I... I wasn't pregnant anymore.... That's because I was too weak to keep that baby. I......"

"Eun... Jung.... Eunjung-ah.... Please, don't think about the past. I know you are sorry for that baby. But Your health is the most important thing right now."

"Yeobo...." I said touching my stomach.

"Why don't you go to sleep now.... Let's talk about it again tomorrow."

 

Next day,

I went to my brother's house.

"Oppa...."

"Eunjung-ah, what brings you here?"

"Oppa, can you give me an advice?"

"What is it?"

"I... I... got pregnant again."

"What?"

"I don't know what to do...."

"But.... what did Jongsuk say?"

"He said its okay for me to give up on the baby if I can't handle it."

"Eunjung-ah, I think you should consider your health. First go to the hospital and take the annual check up that you take. Then talk with the doctor and then decide."

"But oppa.... I don't want to give up again.... I feel really sorry for my first baby...."

"Eunjung-ah, think about Seyoung and Sehoon. Who will they live with if you are gone?"

"..... Oppa, I will think about it myself..." I said and went to pick up Seyoung from school.

 

"OMMA!!!!!!" Seyoung said running.

"Did you do well in school today? Wait, what happened to your face? Why are you cry?"

"Omma...."

"Seyoung-ah, tell me...."

"My classmates keep making fun of me.... That I don't have a father.... That omma was cheating on appa when he was alive and got married to ahjussi when appa passed away..." Seyoung said as she cried.

"So what did you tell them?"

"I kept telling them they were wrong but they kept making fun of me and even hit me...."

"Let's go back to school. I need to talk to the teachers. Do you know all their names?"

"Eung..."

"Okay, Let's go."

 

In Teacher's office

"Hello, Mrs. Lee." Ms. Kang, Seyoung's homeroome teacher, said.

"Ms. Kang, Have you taken a look at my daughter's face?" I said as I brought Seyoung upfront.

"Oh my.... No.... I haven't.. What happened, Seyoung?"

"Seyoung-ah, tell me the student's name."

"..... Kim Minjee, Park Hyunah, Lee Seunghee...."

"Ms. Kang, Can I know their profiles?"

"Mrs. Lee, what did they do to Seyoung?"

"Why don't you ask them before they get kicked out of the school."

"Here are the profiles.... I'm so sorry this happened to Seyoung...."

When I got the profiles, I looked through them and noticed that all of them were daughters of some small companies.

"I will see you later, Ms. Kang."

I left with Seyoung back home.

I treated Seyoung's face and gave her something to eat.

I went to my office and looked at the profiles carefully and searched them on the internet.

I called Kim Minjee's mother, the CEO of a paper company.

"Hello?" Mrs. Kim answered.

"Hello, I'm Ham Eunjung, the CEO of MO Group."

"Oh My, Mrs. Hahm, what brings you to call me?"

"It's nothing big.... I just wanted to ask you if we could meet tomorrow."

"You asking me to meet with you?? It's an honor."

"Then I will meet you tomorrow at 12pm at Olive Garden."

"Okay!"

I called the rest of the mothers to meet at the same time, same place tomorrow.

 

The next day, 11:55pm

I arrived at the restaurant and sat on a table.

First, Minjee's mother came in.

The waiter lead her to the table I'm sitting at.

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Hahm." She said as she approached.

"Good afternoon. I will start talking when the others arrive."

the other two mothers arrived in 5 minutes.

 

"Good afternoon, I'm here to tell all of you that within 12 hours, your daughters will be expelled from middle school and your companies will be bankrupt."

"Mrs. Hahm!" All of them were calling my name.

"I told my driver to pick up your daughters and my daughter from school early and they will be coming here soon. I would like to here from them."

"But...." Hyunah's mother said.

Then I saw the four of them come toward the table.

"Seyoung-ah, say hello to Minjee, Hyunah, Seunghee's mother." I said as I brought a chair for Seyoung and let her sit.

"Good Afternoon...."

"Hi, Seyoung-ah."

The other girls greeted me.

"Seyoung-ah, can you tell me what you told me yesterday?"

She said everything and the girls shrunk and looked at the floor.

"Your daughters not only insulted my daughter, but they also insulted husband who passed away and my current husband and me." I said.

"Where could have they heard about my marriage life? Of course, their parents. Also, I might have understood if they just insulted my current husband, but I can't forgive them for insulting my past husband. By insulting all three of us, you insulted AK group, MO group, and Hahm Designing Company. I decided to let you pay this by expelling the girls and making your companies bankrupt.” I continued to talk.

“Seunghee! Did you really say that?” Seunghee’s mother asked her daughter.

The other mothers asked their daughters.

All of them nodded without any words.

“Mrs. Hahm, I’m so sorry for what my daughter did to you and your daughter…. But please, not the company.”

“I said what I wanted to tell all of you. And I will definitely remember the girls name clearly. Seyoung-ah, let’s go.” I left the restaurant.