Chapter 7

Strangers in Love

 

 

“I.. I...” Chinen is so shocked by Yamada’s behavior.

“You said you’re fine! You said that you are not scared! But it’s exactly the opposite!!!” he continued.

Chinen just stared at him silently, she doesn’t know what to do. She just made Yamada angry.

“I am a dense person, okay! I will believe you right away if you tell me you’re okay! Don’t ever lie to me!!!” he continued shouting and now he is moving forward to Chinen. She closed her eyes expecting a hit, a slap or even a punch from the furious boy.

But instead, for the second time around. He is hugging her tightly, just like their first meeting. They stayed like that for a minute until Yamada released his hands around Chinen. He smiled and that makes her heart melt as she stares at Yamada’s handsome face.

“Are you okay now?” he asked softly.

The girl nodded, still transfixed in his smile. He patted her head gently.

“I’m sorry for not quickly realizing that you’re scared Chii.” He looked at the window and frowned.

“Looks like the rain is not stopping soon.” the boy muttered.

Yamada forcefully lay Chinen on the bed and he too, jumped in it, covering their bodies with the blanket.

“Wh-What are you doing?!” Chinen suddenly said seeing that they are again side by side in the same bed like yesterday.

“Shhhhh! Just sleep okay! Don’t be stubborn, you know that you can’t sleep without any person around right? Besides, it’s 11 pm already! And we still have to go to school tomorrow, I don’t want to be late.”

“But... But..”

“SHHHHH!!”

And Chinen can’t complain anymore, they are both facing the wall. Both are on the edge of the bed as they started to get sleepy.

Chinen smiled silently, this boy is like a big brother to her. Protecting her, caring for her and making sure that she’s fine. He doesn’t seem like a stranger anymore.

Yamada is also thinking the same, this girl is like a small sister to him. She needs to be protected, cared for and safe. She doesn’t seem to be a stranger anymore.

“Thanks.. You’re really a great person. I like you.” Chinen whispered silently as the rain pours hardly outside. She’s sure that Yamada will not hear it because of the rain.

But he do, and he smiled widely as he drifted off to his dreamland.

~^___^~

Yamada wakes up feeling something heavy in his chest. His injuries are still not healed and it is now hurting. He is hugging something, I mean, someone.

When he opened his eyes, he gasped, “Oh no... not again!”

Just like yesterday, they are so closed to each other, Chinen Yuri is on his chest also hugging him. He can smell her hair. Smells like strawberries, “Oh, so that is where the scent yesterday comes from.”

He stared at the sleeping figure besides him and his heart, one again, beats wildly. He can feel the girl’s soft breath near his neck and again, he felt a new sensation. He was now thinking of kissing Chinen once she woke up.

Why?! He’s a boy after all!

He shook his head. What the hell is he thinking?! He looks at the clock beside his table and saw that it’s 5 a.m. The boy shook Chinen gently.

She lazily opened her eyes, “Nani???” she asked, half awake.

Yamada chuckled at his cute expression, “You must get ready now Ms. Sleepy Head! We must go to school!”

“Eh... 5 more minutes...” she lazily replied and snuggled to Yamada closer.

Her head is now positioned in Yamada’s neck and her breath is tickling the boy very much.

“He-hey... Wake up.. Hahahaha... Get your head off my neck!” he screamed hopelessly and remembered how hard it was to wake this girl.

He moved furiously wanting to get away from the tickling sensation but ended up on Chinen kissing his neck accidentally.

“Wh-What.. HAHAHAHAHA!” He can’t control  his laughter, when her lips made contact to his neck, he just can’t stop the tickling feeling. His neck is obviously one of his sensitive body parts.

Chinen woke up bothered by the loud laughs of the boy and that is when her senses came back and she realized that she is kissing his neck while hugging him.

Again, like yesterday, she quickly sits up and blush very hard.

“Wh-What happened?” she asked.

“Doesn’t it feel like deja vu?” Yamada asked rubbing his neck as he also sits up.

“I... I’m so sorry... I realized that I have bad sleeping habits. Gomenasai Yama-chan!” and again, just like yesterday, the little girl sulked. “I.. I am going to prepare breakfast.”

She stands up and Yamada quickly grabs her wrist and pulled her down in the bed. She is very surprised with the action.

 

“NO! I will not allow you to cook anymore! Don’t you remember the ruckus you did yesterday?”

Chinen is shocked to hear what he said, ”Ruckus?! So am I only a disturbance here?”

“Sorry to say this Ms. Don’t Know How To Cook, but yes, you almost burned the kitchen right?”

Chinen send her a “I-will-kill-you-if-you-dont-shut-up” look.

“Ok Mr. Perfect! Go on! Yeah, I know, I am a good-for-nothing girl for you!” she shouted as she headed towards the bathroom to  have a bath.

Yamada chuckled at her childish actions, he first fixed the bed and headed to the kitchen. On his way there, he passed the bathroom and laughed, he heard Chinen shouting inside.

He go nearer and listened. “Baka! As if you are a perfect person! You are just a buta! ! Baka! Baka! BAKA!!!!”

He laughed so hard but is covering his mouth so that she will not hear him.

She continued, “You think that you are handsome, well, umm.. you are, but who cares?! I hope you messed up with your cooking! You are just boastful! You.. You.. You are just a baka buta!!!!!! BAKA!”

Yamada is laughing like a crazy person outside. He decided to just start cooking. He saw some pancake batter and decided to cook it. Even with his injuries , he swiftly cooked the pancakes and in an instant, it was done. It was so perfectly done that you can even take a picture of it and place it in a popular food magazine. He smiled proudly, “Now, let’s see if you still think that I can’t cook? You will be enchanted with this food Chii.”

It was now his turn to take a bath when he saw Chinen going in her room, still mumbling something. He just laughed silently. When he entered the bathroom he saw Chinen’s towel there, it was a pink one with a squirrel in it. “Hmm.. it looks like you Chii.” He smiled and start to take a quick shower.

“Ittai!!!” he shouted as the warm water hit his wounds. He just bite his lips and continue to clean himself. After a few minutes, he was finished and realized that he left his clothes in his room, he just wrapped his body with his towel.

When he goes out, he bumps with someone.

“Ouch!” Chinen said while caressing her forehead. “Watch where you’re going buta! You might make my forehead....” she stopped seeing the chest of the boy.

“WAAAAAAH!! !!!!!” She screamed as she rans toward the dining room. Yamada just laughed at her and shrugged as he goes to his room to get dressed.

Chinen is now sitting in the dining room, panting because she ran very fast. Again, she is blushing hard.

“You’re really a buta!!! Going around half- like that! Don’t you know that there’s a girl here?!” she continued her complaints until her nose was mesmerized by the scent of the food in front of her.

“Hmm.. so you’re finished cooking huh, let’s taste it. Itadakimasu!” And as the pancake settles in and the butter melts, mixed with the sweetness of the maple syrup, she can’t help but to smile widely.

“OIIISSHIIIII!!” Chinen exclaimed. She can’t believe that a boy can cook this great. It was the best pancake that she has ever tasted. She continued to eat the rest of the food until she was full.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

hmmm... I really want to post the rest of the story in one go,

but I guess, I will not. HAHAHAHA