Chapter 21

Strangers in Love

Chapter 21

 

A few minutes earlier, Shida is still hugging Yamada while he’s sleeping. The boy is having nightmares, remembering all the things that Chinen said to Ryutaro.

 

“Ryosuke is not my boyfriend. I don’t like him, he’s just like an older brother to me. You are the one that I love.” It kept on repeating in his head and then he woke up crying. He found a weight on his chest,

 

“Yu-Yuri?”

 

Shida is surprised but she nodded silently, not showing her face to Yamada. Yamada hugged her tightly,

 

“Yuri, I... I’m so sorry to leave you, but why are you here? I... I love you Yuri.” Yamada said as he felt his heart in pain, he missed Chinen so much. He wants to hug her, to kiss her.

 

“I... I want you Ryosuke, I love you.” Shida said, imitating the voice that she heard from the phone a while ago.

 

Yamada can’t believe what he heard, and because he’s just half awake, he easily believed that it’s really Chinen.

 

“Oh Yuri...” And because of his impulse, he closed his eyes and kissed Shida passionately, thinking that it is Chinen and she already returned his feelings.

 

“Ryosuke...” said a familiar voice at his door.

 

Yamada looked at the door and saw Chinen running away. He looked back at the bed and saw that it was Shida. He was kissing Shida. He quickly wiped his mouth, “Shida! What have you done!” he screamed at her.

 

“I... I love you Yama-chan...” said Shida as she sat up.

 

“You’re just my best friend okay?! Well, I think not anymore!” And he stands up and run to catch Chinen.

 

 

“Hmmm... You should explain this to me Shida. Why are you in my house again? You sneaked inside?! That is trespassing right?! And now you ruined my son and future daughter-in-law’s relationship! You will definitely experience my wrath if they broke up because of you! Now, GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!” Mrs. Yamada screamed at the disoriented girl and pushed her out. “Don’t ever think of coming back here again!”

 

Inoo gave her a slap before Shida runs away, crying.

 

 

Yamada is now running and running and running. He doesn’t care if he gets lost. All that he knows is that Chinen is crying and he doesn’t want to see that. Wait, why is she crying?

 

“Is she... jealous?” he asked himself. Yamada smiled, if Chinen is jealous then that means that she loves him. He grinned widely. He whacked his head, it’s not the time for him to think idiotic things.

 

“Yuri... Yuri!!!” Yamada shouted as he kept on running around their neighborhood. “Where would she go?” He thought of all the places that the little squirrel can stay. Of course that should be bright, so that she will not be scared and is full of cute things for her to cheer up.

 

“Right! The park!” Yamada racked his brain. “Etou... where is the park again?”

 

He ran towards the direction of the park, as what he has remembered. And luckily, he got there in such a short period of time. He’s so proud of himself.

 

Yamada looked around and saw a tiny figure on a bench nearby. Her legs are on the chair and she is hugging it, burying her face inside. She is rocking herself back and forth as if it’s the only way to ease the pain and comfort her.

 

Yamada walked closer to her and heard her saying something.  He laughs silently because he knew that Chinen is complaining to herself right now. He is now very near, expecting to hear her shout, call him names or even curse.

 

“Ryosuke...” he heard her speaks.  Yamada is still waiting for the outburst of Chinen’s anger but instead of shouts, all that he can hear is her cries and wails.

 

“You’re... so dumb... You always make me angry, you... always make my heart experience different emotions... You’re such a boastful person... You are a ert... You... you are a pig!” she said softly in between her sobs.

 

Yamada doesn’t know if he should laugh, be angry or be worried for this girl. He just stared at her back, still listening to her soft complaints.

 

“Why... why are you doing this to me...? I thought you love me...” she said again, still burying her face on her legs.

 

“I do... Yuri... I love you. I love you more than you can ever think of.” Yamada thought. He just wanted to hugged the girl right there, tell her that she’s the only one that can occupy and fill his empty heart. But his mind and body tells him to just stay in his position

 

“You just played with my heart... I hate you Ryosuke...” the girl continued to cry silently.

 

Yamada heard those words again. “I hate you.” Chinen will never love him. She will always hate him, besides she is together with the one she truly loves, which is Ryutaro.

 

He can’t do anything for the girl he loves. He just continues to stare at her fragile body as she continues to cry softly. Yamada is about to walk away when Chinen started to speak again.

 

“Ryosuke...” and again, Yamada stared at her crying figure and listened.

 

“I love you...” Chinen finally said.

 

Yamada can’t believe what he just heard. Are his ears playing tricks on him? But he knew well that Chinen really said those three words that he is longing to hear since then.

 

He quickly sat next to her and hugged her tightly, the girl gasped because of the surprised actions and she stared at the person hugging her.

 

“Ryosuke... Wh-what are you doing here?!” she exclaimed as she started to push him away. She doesn’t want anymore heartbreaks. She kept on struggling but her strength is not enough.

 

“Release me! Ryosuke! I said rel---“ and she can’t continue her complaints because a pair of soft lips are now preventing her to speak. Her eyes widened as she saw that Yamada’s eyes are closed and is just enjoying this sweet innocent kiss.

 

All of Chinen’s pains suddenly disappears, it melts and is replaced with love. It seems like nothing is wrong anymore. When Yamada kissed her, her heart beats once again. She felt butterflies in her stomach. She loves this feeling. She knew that someone is there for her to love and protect her for the rest of her life. She also closed her eyes and unconsciously returns the kiss as the feeling of love spread in between them.

 

Yamada released her afterwards and they stared at each other deeply.

 

“Yuri... I love you more than anything in this world.” He softly said, his eyes full of love.

 

Chinen knew right there, that she’s definitely in love with this boy. She doesn’t care if he caused her more heartbreak. She doesn’t care if all the things in her life go wrong. As long as Yamada’s there, she will feel protected, she will feel loved.

 

Yamada caressed her cheeks as he smiled. “I missed you Yuri, I really do. I’m sorry for all the things you saw earlier, I swear, I thought you are Shida, that’s why I kissed her. I will never kiss a girl other than you, I promise that!” he smiled again sweetly. Chinen’s heart is melting every second he is staring at her.

 

“Anou Yuri... Can... Can you repeat what you said earlier? Yamada requested, wanting to make sure if the girl really shares the same feelings with him.

 

Chinen’s mouth open slowly and she said, “I hate you Ryosuke.”

 

~~

 

hahaha compensation for the short chapter earlier xD

YAMACHII! YAMACHII! YAMACHII! YAMACHII! <3 <3

The ending is neaaaar! :D