Apology

Girly?It's Not That Bad...

Changmin stood in front of his bathroom mirror the next morning after the disastrous meeting even though he was not sure if he could call it a meeting since he was the only one that attend and waited like a fool in front of the cinema. He looked at the mirror and sighed at his reflection that was staring back at him. His eyes were puffy and a little bit red and his face had sported trails of dried tears. Last night event came to the front of his mind as he stared off at his reflection.

He had kept his head low in front of his sisters that were waiting for him in the living room last night once he got home and said he was too tired to recite his…date. He felt guilty for lying to his sisters but somehow his persistent sisters quieted down at once and let him went to bed in peace. Once in the safe cocoon of his bedroom, he leaned against the door and broke down.

Changmin shook his head and splashed some water on his face. Then, he decided it was better to start getting ready for the day rather than standing in front of his bathroom mirror, replaying the depressing event of last night.


Changmin took a deep breath before he walked into the dining room. All of his sisters were already there unsurprisingly for Changmin since all of his sisters got up earlier than him nowadays and yes, even the heavy sleeper, Haeun. At his presence in the dining room, his sisters looked up from their breakfast to greet their brother. Changmin smiled wearily and took a seat beside Hana.

Wait for it…wait for it…

“Changminnie.”

Changmin clenched his fists that were placed on his lap and stared down at his plate. He was sure his sisters were about to ask how last night went since he didn’t think they believe his lie last night.

“Be a sweetie and pass me the salt, please?”

Changmin snapped his head up at the unexpected request and stared with unhidden surprise at Minji. His sister smiled and pointed at the bottle of salt that was on his right side of the table and it took a few seconds for Changmin to comply.

“Thanks.”

Then, she resumed eating and left Changmin to gape. He glanced around the table and was surprised once again seeing his sisters eating leisurely instead of trying to interrogate him when something exciting for them to talk about happened like usual.

Little did Changmin know that his sisters made an agreement to not ask him about the date seeing that their baby brother was so upset when he came home last night even though he tried to hide it. They held an emergency meeting in the living room after Changmin had went upstairs to wallow in his self-pity and that was how they came to the mutual agreement. They knew something must have gone wrong for Changmin to look like a kicked puppy last night and since they knew Changmin really well, it was going to make him more upset if they touched the subject and that was also the reason they were eating calmly despite the raging thirst to know what was the reason behind Changmin’s puffy eyes while ignoring the suspicious glance that Changmin threw at them.

All in all, their breakfast ended quite well even with Changmin glancing around the table uncomfortably and suspiciously until the end.


Noon came and saw Changmin lazing around on the plush couch in the living room, staring boringly at the ceiling while hugging a small pillow to his chest. Sarang had gone on her way when she received an emergency call from her workplace. That was to be expected since she was a full-fledge doctor. Haeun went to the library to finish up her new project, Hana was out to find some inspiration for her painting and Gaeun had gone out to meet his editor. Changmin was the only one with nothing to do on the fine Sunday.

He sighed heavily and turned his head to look at his phone on the coffee table. He contemplated to call Junsu and Jaejoong over but decided against the idea as he knew how nosy his two best friends could get and he did not want to talk about his fail date yet. He sighed yet again and stood up from his lying position. He decided to cook lunch for the family today since…well, he got nothing better to do than dying out of boredom and wallowing in the thoughts of last night event.

He entered the kitchen, put on his frilly apron, tied his hair into a small ponytail, clipped his bangs with two hairpins and started to prepare lunch.

Changmin was too absorbed in his cooking that he barely heard the doorbell rung thorough the house. Changmin lower the fire before going out of the kitchen to answer the door. He thought one of his sisters must have forgotten the house key and so he was surprised to find the person that had been in his mind since last night standing at his doorstep.

“K-Kyuhyun.”

Kyuhyun looked him up and down with raised eyebrows as soon he was faced with Changmin. Changmin became self-conscious of his appearance and sheepishly avoided the former’s gaze while muttering, “I was cooking.”

With Kyuhyun flat out pointedly staring at him for a few seconds, Changmin realized he had yet to invite his unexpected guest into the house. He stood to the side of the door to give way to Kyuhyun.

“C-come in.”

Kyuhyun stepped into the house and past Changmin. Changmin closed the door behind him before leading Kyuhyun to the living room. They stood awkwardly with Changmin staring at anything but the lad in front of him and Kyuhyun burning hole in Changmin’s face with his stare in the middle of the living room. Finally, Changmin coughed to break the silence.

“H-have a seat. I’m just going to…um…finish my cooking.”

Kyuhyun started to move to one of the armchair seated in the middle of the living room. After making sure his guest was comfortable, Changmin went to the kitchen, his fast pace almost breaking into a run.

Once inside the kitchen, Changmin slumped against the nearest wall and heaved a deep sigh. He brought a hand to his chest to feel his heart thundering against his ribcage. Sure, he was still upset at the boy but he couldn’t resist the temptation to blush in Kyuhyun’s graceful presence and Changmin groaned at his pathetic stutter earlier. He hated to admit it but the boy’s visit brought happiness to him despite what had happened.


Changmin invited Kyuhyun to eat together with him in the dining room since the latter had not eaten yet. The lunch, precisely to say was awkward and tense but did not prevent Changmin’s big appetite. Kyuhyun looked on with amusement as Changmin kept barrelling spoonful after spoonful into his mouth and it took a while for Changmin to realize he was being stare at. When he did, he paused in his eating and a full blush took over his face.

Changmin grabbed a glass of water and sip the water slowly to give him time for schooling his facial expression. He resumed eating but with a more relax pace after he felt the warmth left his cheeks if not totally.

A few minutes later, a cough from Kyuhyun made him looked up from his meal. Kyuhyun was staring straight at him and Changmin fought the urge to break the gaze.

“About last night…”

Changmin squirmed in his seat when the lad in front of him obviously wanted to talk about last night but he kept his ears attentive for Kyuhyun’s next words.

“I’m sorry.”

Changmin’s eyes dilated in surprised. He never guessed to hear an apology came out of Kyuhyun’s wicked mouth considering the latter’s attitude and Changmin immediately relaxed in his seat.

“I needed to attend to an urgent matter that came up at the last minute and I kind of forgot to give you a call. Did you wait for me last night?”

Changmin averted his gaze at the question, “Sort of.”

Changmin missed how Kyuhyun’s gaze softened for a second at the response. They were silent for a moment until Changmin realized something and decided to ask a question of his own.

“Did you come here just to say this?”

At Kyuhyun’s embarrassed look despite his effort to keep his face aloof and indifferent, Changmin felt his heart swell and he looked down at his plate to hide the fond smile that lighted up his face.

“Thank you,” Changmin whispered.

Just like that, the awkwardness and the tense atmosphere were gone and a comfortable silence enveloped them both.


Yesterday had been brilliant for Changmin and all of his gloomy feelings disappeared at the end of Kyuhyun’s visit. Changmin was pleasantly surprised when the boy had had decided to stay for a while at the Shims’ residence to accompany Changmin that was alone in the house with nothing to do after lunch until one of his sisters came back. They did many things and one of them being playing video games. Changmin was not surprised when Kyuhyun beat him countless of times and left him with no single win. Well, that was to be expected since Kyuhyun was practically stuck to his PSP most of the time in school from Changmin’s daily activity of stalking observing the boy.

Changin hummed contentedly as he walked the distance to the school. Changmin was alone as Jaejoong and Junsu were going to the school with their respective boyfriend today but Changmin didn’t mind. Not one thing could dampen his mood today.

I take that back.

Changmin glued himself to the wall as he tried to make out the words of an argument between two persons. He had safely entered the school building and was walking happily along the hallway until he passed another hallway and heard familiar voices. He turned his head and saw two people he recognized as Kyuhyun and…

Sungmin.

His first reaction was to stick his back against the wall to hide from them and that was how he ended against the wall. Changmin let his eyes peeked at the two childhood friends and his heart stop for a second when he heard his name came out from Sungmin’s mouth. He inched closer.

“You should consider Changmin's feelings too.” Sungmin’s voice was steady but Changmin could hear a tinge of anger beneath it.

“We talked about this already, Sungmin…”

“Yes, but you need to understand he’s your boyfriend. I can’t believe you let him wait for you!”

Oh, could it be they're talking about our fail da-meeting?

Changmin saw Kyuhyun’s face morphed into a frustrated one.

“He’s not my boyfriend! He’s a fake one in case you didn’t remember!”

Changmin couldn’t help at the painful clench of his heart at the statement. He stood rigidly as he continued to listen.

“You’re unbelievable, Cho Kyuhyun! I can handle my own relationship so stop interfering already! You made things awkward between Kangin and me when you did unecessary things!”

Kyuhyun scoffed.

“Yeah, right.”

Changmin could see Sungmin was already on the verge of wringing his childhood friend’s neck if the twitching of his hands was anything to go by.

“Look, I apologize already like you ask me to do so what’s the problem? He was okay with it.”

Changmin was once again startled at the exclamation. Kyuhyun apologized because of Sungmin not because he was feeling sorry himself.

Wow, that hurts.

Changmin grinned wryly at himself.

“You’re asking me that? You, yourself is the problem. You’re too protective for god’s sake!”

“I couldn’t help it because I love you, Lee Sungmin!”

A loud gasp was heard after the outburst and both Sungmin and Kyuhyun turned to the direction where the sound came from just to find it void of presence.


Ermm...please suscribe and comments, I guess. The same as usual.

*waves*