The Ugly Truth

Occupational Hazards

                “Can you believe they wanted to put me in yellow?  You know how horrific I look in yellow,” Himchan scoffed, his shopping bags swinging back and forth with his lively strides as he gazed at the store windows lining the street, trying to find something else to buy.

                “The nerve,” Yongguk obligatorily responded, not paying too much attention as he carried the bulk of the other man’s luggage.  Himchan sure knew how to shop.  And talk.

                “So then I said that they should put me in something like pink or red.  Or even blue or gray.  I mean, really, I looked good in any color except for yellow.  Well… and maybe orange.  Yellow and orange.  But who looks good in orange?  I mean, it’s something meant to be eaten, not worn.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone look good in orange.”

                Yongguk had long stopped listening to his comrade’s rambling, instead thinking over all the things that they had to do, as he was wont to do when Himchan got onto one of his tirades.  It was a skill that he had picked up after years of working together.  But, although he barely even registered the noise next to him, he did notice when it uncharacteristically disappeared.

                “Himchan?”  Yongguk stopped in his tracks and looked back when he realized that the brunet man was no longer next to him.  Himchan had stopped and was looking, eyes wide, at something across the plaza. Yongguk squinted his eyes, trying to find out what had silenced the chatterbox, and his gaze fell on two familiar figures sitting on the side of the plaza fountain.

                “What in the hell is Youngjae doing with Im Jaebeom?” Himchan spoke up, his voice full of indignation.  Yongguk furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.  He’d like to know the answer to that as well.  The two stayed still, observing the two at the fountain.

                The two seemed to be talking.  Well, Jaebeom seemed to be talking and Youngjae seemed to be listening to be more honest. They were sitting close, legs touching, and Jaebeom was leaned back and resting his weight on his hands, one of which was placed behind Youngjae so that their shoulders were overlapped and touching.  As Yongguk and Himchan watched on, Jaebeom attempted to increase the skinship even more.  He shifted all of his weight to his left arm behind Youngjae, and used to his right to rub up and down Youngjae’s arm as he talked.

                “I’m going to kill that bleached bastard!” Himchan growled, leaping forward, but Yongguk was quick to grab him around the waist and hold him back.  “What are you doing?!  LET ME GO!  I’M GOING TO KILL HIM!  ARE WE JUST GOING TO LET HIM MOLEST YOUNGJAE LIKE THAT?!”

                “This is not the time or the place,” Yongguk growled as he tightened his grip on the actor.  “You’re already making a scene and we don’t even know what’s going on.  We’ll talk to him and Daehyun later, but it shouldn’t be in public and it definitely shouldn’t be in front of Jaebeom.”

                Himchan ceased his struggling as the elder’s words sank in.  Yongguk was right- he was always right.  “Ok, but we’re going over there first thing tomorrow,” he said as he composed himself and Yongguk let him free.

                “It’s a deal.”

 

                “I really like spending time with you,” Jaebeom cooed as he rubbed his hand up and down Youngjae’s arm, ignoring the way the younger man flinched at his touch.

                Youngjae hummed in response.  This was the third “date” he had let the elder take him on, but he was already thinking about the best way to hurry it up and get home.  Now that things seemed futile with Daehyun, he had thought that the best way to mend his broken heart and get over the manager was to give the blond a try.  It all made perfect sense- Jaebeom was sweet and caring, always showering Youngjae with affection and gifts.  He was also hot to boot, making men and women alike do a double take wherever he went.  And most importantly, he was apparently Jung Daehyun’s mortal enemy, meaning that he should be the exact opposite of that heartbreaking bastard.  In summary, Im Jaebeom should have been the perfect catch.  But for some reason, Youngjae just couldn’t make himself get excited about the blond manager.  Whenever he saw the daily gifts sent to him, it didn’t illicit smiles.  Whenever he laid eyes on the man, his breath didn’t catch.  And whenever Jaebeom touched him, his heart didn’t beat any faster.  As a matter of fact, at times like now, when Jaebeom was up and down his arm, he had to fight the impulse to push him away.

                Youngjae knew that he was in the wrong, leading the poor love-struck guy along like this, but… it was better than being alone again, right?

                “Youngjae, are you even listening to me?” Jaebeom asked impatiently, giving the younger a light shake.  Youngjae startled and turned to the man.

                “Huh?  Oh sorry… I’m just a bit tired…”

                Jaebeom sighed in annoyance as Youngjae seemed to space back out almost immediately after answering him.  This was not going according to his plan whatsoever.  The heartbroken, and thus vulnerable, actor was supposed to have fallen for all of his tricks by now, but seemed to be impervious.  Not that it really mattered in the end… he could still get what he wanted whether Youngjae was a willing participant or not.  It would just take a bit more work on his end this way, but he was up for it.  He was about to get his turn in the spotlight and no one was going to stop him.

                Jaebeom looked across the plaza to an expanse of decorative shrubbery.  As if on cue, a hand poked out and gave him a thumbs-up.  It was time.  He turned back to the younger man, who was still spacing out.  “Hey, Jae?”

                “Hmmm?” Youngjae hummed again as he turned to look at the blond.  Jaebeom raised his hand, gently cupping the younger’s jaw.

                “I’ve wanted to do this since the moment I met you…”

                Before Youngjae could process what was happening, lips had descended firmly onto his.  Jaebeom was kissing him?  He should have seen it coming sooner or later based on how the manager had been acting, but it still took him by surprise.  He felt his chest tighten as he tried to decide what to do.  It didn’t feel right… not like when he had kissed Daehyun…

                Jaebeom’s tongue came out and ran across his bottom lip, asking for permission.  In a flash Youngjae’s hands instinctively came up and pushed against Jaebeom’s chest, disconnecting their lips.  Jaebeom growled at the interruption and dived back in, but was once again rejected as Youngjae stood up and moved out of the way.

                “What’s wrong?” he asked, trying to keep his anger in check and fake sounding concerned.

                “I’m sorry… I just… This isn’t going to work.  I don’t feel that way for you.”  Before Jaebeom could respond, Youngjae had his heel and taken off across the plaza. 

                Jaebeom let out a shout of frustration.  What an absolute pain in the .  Once the actor was out of sight, he stood up and walked over to the bushes.  “Did you get it?”

                A figure crawled out cradling a heavy camera in his hands.  “I got plenty.  I even got one of him blinking so it looks like his eyes are closed and he’s into it.”  

                Jaebeom smirked as he looked at the picture.  “Perfect, I’ve got some calls to make.  We’re going to have a busy night.”  He continued staring at the picture, the feeling of excitement overwhelming.  “Just you wait, Jung Daehyun.  I’ll finally be able to take what’s yours and have my own chance in the spotlight.”

 

                Daehyun walked into the office, eyes groggy and cup of coffee in hand.  He needed to get in early because, honestly, all of the drama that had been going on with Junhong and Youngjae had left little time for proper work.  If one wasn’t crawling all over him and distracting him, then the other one was avoiding him and refusing to do any work.

                And apparently going on dates, he bitterly thought to himself.  He shook his head to clear his mind and rounded the corner towards his office.  He was met with the sight of Hyosung standing in the hallway, the morning newspaper in hand.  While this wasn’t unusual- it was one of her jobs to keep up with all of the latest news, gossip and trends in the entertainment world, it was her face that surprised him.  Her eyes were widened in surprise and her fists almost seemed to be shaking.

                “Hyosung, what’s wrong?” he asked, picking up his pace to meet her.  She didn’t answer him, merely continuing to stare in shock at the paper, and Daehyun had to move behind her to read over her shoulder.

                His coffee cup hit the ground as he saw the picture that took up almost half of a page.  The bold headline at the top read “CONFIRMED: YOO YOUNGJAE IN RELATIONSHIP WITH 360’S STUDLY MANAGER, IM JAEBEOM.”  Daehyun ripped the paper from Hyosung’s hands and moved to the article underneath.

                No, no, no.  This can’t be true.  He felt sick as he looked at the picture.  The two sitting so close together, Jaebeom holding Youngjae’s jaw, Youngjae’s eyes closed and blatantly participating.

                Idol News has the latest breaking story regarding Korea’s sweetheart, Yoo Youngjae.  We had all been wondering about his recent truancy, but it seems that we now have the answer.  Our sweet boy has found himself head over heels with the manly and charming Im Jaebeom, current manager for Matoki Entertainment’s duo 360.  We can’t blame Youngjae for being distracted since he met this, until now, unknown heartthrob, but after doing an exclusive interview with him regarding the relationship, we can 100% understand why our favorite actor has disappeared in favor of spending some time with his new boyfriend.

                IN: Welcome, Mr.Im, thank you so much for agreeing to this interview.

                JB: Please call me Jaebeom, or JB.  All my friends do.

                IN: Certainly.  Well then, JB.  I can say that we were all quite shocked when we saw this picture.  I mean, Youngjae has always had the most innocent of images and to see him actually lip locking with someone was quite a surprise.  Maybe our little Youngjae isn’t so innocent after all?

                JB: No, no, no, I assure you, he’s everything you think he is. We’re dating, we have been for a little while now.  I’m actually his first boyfriend.

                IN: You and Yoo Youngjae have been dating?! Since when?  How did you meet?  Please don’t skimp on the details.

                JB: Haha! Well, I’ll tell you what I feel I can get away with.  We met at the dinner of none other than Kim Himchan.  Then we were introduced by a mutual friend, Youngjae’s current manager Jung Daehyun.  He was all for us getting together and I couldn’t have agreed more.  Meeting Youngjae for the first time in public, he really was an absolute angel.  I think it was love at first sight for me, but it took a lot effort to make him come around. 

                IN: But now you’re an official item?  Congratulations!

                JB: Thank you so much.  I hope everyone will support us.

                IN: I know we will.  We just hope that the both of you will come and do an exclusive interview for us together!

                JB: It might take some flowers and fancy dinners, but I’ll see if I can talk him into it *laughs*.

                IN: Well, we’re looking forward to it and wish you both the best of luck.

                In conclusion, Idol News found Yoo Youngjae’s man to be an overall catch.  How has he not come under our radar before?  Well, can definitely say that you should keep your eyes open for him, Korea, because you’ll probably be seeing a lot more of him.

 

                Daehyun’s hands shook uncontrollably as he ripped the paper into shreds.  He vaguely registered Hyosung saying something to him, but he couldn’t hear it.  He couldn’t think of anything else except what he had just read as he stormed toward his office.  He slammed his door closed and fell into his chair.  So it really was true?  Youngjae and that absolute bastard Im Jaebeom.  The thought alone made him want to vomit.  He knew that he and Youngjae weren’t technically an item and that he had no right to lay claim to the actor after everything he had done to him, but just the thought of him moving on so quickly, and with someone like Jaebeom, it felt like a knife stabbing him repeatedly in the heart.

                “Hyung?  Hyung?”  A timid voice pierced through his conscience and  he was pulled from his thoughts.  He looked up and saw Junhong standing in his doorway with a concerned expression on his face.  “What’s wrong, Hyung?”

                “Nothing,” Daehyun shook his head as he waved the younger in.  He definitely didn’t feel like talking about this with Junhong, but maybe the boy would provide a good distraction and calm him down.

                Junhong didn’t believe him, but let it go.  He walked toward the desk and pulled up a chair next to the elder.  “I brought you something today, Hyung.”

                Daehyun looked on with curiosity as Junhong produced a book from his bag and placed it on the desk in front of him.  “What is this?”

                “Open it and see.”

               Daehyun flipped over the black cover and was met with a vision of himself smiling back at him.  It was an old picture, the first one that he, Junhong and Jongup ever took together.  It was in celebration of their first official day of being a formed group.  Daehyun was in the middle with his arms wrapped around the two boys- Junhong already towering over him and Jongup coming to his eye line- and all three were smiling proudly. 

                “Remember that day, Hyung?” Junhong smiled as he looked down at the photo.  “It was the first day that we ever really talked.  I had always seen you around the halls as a trainee and wanted to say something, but was too scared.”

                Daehyun couldn’t help the small smile that formed at the thought.  He remembered Junhong being a shy, nervous mess when he first introduced himself and he had always wondered why.  Junhong turned the pages slowly, revealing more and more photos of the three goofing around pre-debut.  Then the debut era came and all of the photos changed from dorms and practice rooms to stages and photo shoots, with different hair colors and styles on almost every page, but the same big, goofy grins spread across their faces.

                “Remember our debut stage, hyung?” Junhong asked as he showed a picture of the three backstage, sweating but happy.

                More pictures passed by and nostalgia set into Daehyun as he recounted the much happier and simple times.  Looking at the section of pictures they had taken while playing on the beach in Jeju after they had finished filming a video there made his chest tighten.  He specifically remembered that it was during that trip when he first started to be aware of his feelings for the young boy.

                “We were so happy then, hyung.  Having you and Jongup by my side, doing what I loved, life was absolutely perfect then.”

                Junhong thumbed through more pages, the two sharing comments about various funny photos and the memories they elicited.  Eventually Junhong reached the last page and Daehyun was struck.  It was a photo of the night the boys won the Best Male Artist of the Year award.  The last official day he spent as their manager.  The night he and Junhong first kissed.

                “Nothing’s been the same without you, hyung,” Junhong’s voice was barely a whisper and Daehyun looked over to see tears forming in the boy’s eyes.  “I’ve missed you so much.  I can’t stand it anymore.  I need you back.”

                “You know I’m not allowed to go back, Junhong,” Daehyun replied in an equally low and quiet voice.

                “Then I just need you.  I can’t live without you, hyung.”

                Junhong’s lips pressed desperately against Daehyuns’, needy for attention and affection.  Any thoughts Daehyun had of resisting retreated as soon as he felt the boy’s salty tears falling on his cheeks.  Junhong was lonely, he needed love.  And Daehyun needed it too.   The pain of thinking about how Youngjae had toyed with his heart and then moved on, coupled with the heavy memories that Junhong had brought back, made him desperate.  His lips pressed back as his arms wrapped around Junhong’s torso, pulling him closer.  The younger let out a small, contented moan at the final acceptance and wrapped his own arms around Daehyun’s neck, desperate to hold their bodies as close as possible.

                Daehyun the boy’s bottom lip in and rolled it in between his teeth, eliciting mewls.  They had never moved this far, but Daehyun wasn’t thinking about that right now.  He could only focus on trying to make the pain go away.  He nibbled Junhong’s lip lightly before letting it go and slowly slipping his tongue past Junhong’s now open lips.  Junhong let him in, his head swimming at finally having the physical connection with his hyung that he had been desperate for for so long.

                “What the hell are you doing?!”  A deep, booming voice crashed through the lovers’ trance and the two sprang apart and looked to see who the intruder at the door was.

                Bang Yongguk was visibly angry as he glared down at the pair he had interrupted.  “I need to talk to you, Daehyun.  Scram, kid.”

                Junhong looked to Daehyun, unsure of who this scary, yelling man was or what he was supposed to do.  But Daehyun wasn’t looking back at him, but instead returning the man’s glare with agitation.

                “What are you doing here, Bang?”

                “I said beat it, punk.”  Yongguk turned his burning glare fully onto Junhong and the youngest crumbled.  With a squeak he gave one last look to Daehyun before bounding from his chair and out the door, careful to put as much distance between him and the mystery man as he could when he passed by.  Once the door closed behind him, Yongguk spoke again.

                “What the hell is wrong with you?  You’re really going to throw away everything you had with Youngjae to get your  freak on with some kid.”

                Daehyun scoffed at the accusation and it rubbed him raw.  He didn’t need anyone pointing it out to him and Yongguk’s condescending tone didn’t make it any better.  “Everything I had with Youngjae?  What the hell is that supposed to mean?  I obviously never had anything with him, especially since he’s so happily spreading it for Jaebeom now.  He never meant anything to me.”  The words were reluctant to leave his mouth but Daehyun thought that if he said them enough then maybe, just maybe, they’d become true.

                “Don’t around, Daehyun,” Yongguk glared in response.  He wasn’t one to deal with anyone’s .  “You know that’s not true.  None of it is.”

                “What the hell do you know, Bang? And what right do you think you have to just come barging in here uninvited and start meddling with my affairs?  You don’t know what it was like for me and Youngjae.  Or for me and Junhong.  This has nothing to do with you, so why do you care?”

                “Because you’re my friend and I know you.  I know that Youngjae was- IS­- important to you.  You’re obviously hurt, but if you keep screwing around and rejecting your feelings, then you’re going to lose him.”

                “What the do you know?” Daehyun growled with squinted eyes.  He was not in the mood right now for someone else to come in and lecture him about something that he himself didn’t want to acknowledge and it made him snap.  “You think you have any right to come in here and lecture me about screwing around with my feelings?  Why should I listen to you when you can’t even take your own advice?  At this rate Himchan’s probably bending over for someone else as we speak.”

                Yongguk saw red and it took everything he had not to lunge forward and punch Daehyun right in the face.  He gritted his teeth, his breathing out of control as he forced himself to stay in place.  He gave his “friend” one last glare before turning and storming out before he did something that he’d regret.

 

                “You wanna explain what the hell this is?!”  Youngjae practically leapt out of his skin, spilling coffee on himself, when his dressing room door flew open with a bang and a seething, dark-haired diva stormed in.  Himchan stomped his way in front of Youngjae and slammed something on the table in front of him.

                If Youngjae had had any coffee left, he would have spit it out when he saw the newspaper in front of him.  It was him and Jaebeom kissing (or rather, Jaebeom kissing him), with a headline “confirming” that they were dating.  What was going on?  He picked up the paper to read the accompanying article. 

                “I saw you two together yesterday, but I just didn’t believe it.  I didn’t think that you would ever do something like this to Daehyun, to ME.”  Himchan fell dramatically into the makeup chair behind him.  “All of my hard work, all for nothing.  Everything I went through to try and get you and Daehyun together is all down the drain.  Really, nobody ever thinks of me when they do stupid like this.  Selfish little bastards.”

                “None of it’s true,” Youngjae interrupted Himchan’s over the top sniffling and fake tears.  “I don’t know what the hell is going on, but it’s not true.”

                Himchan ceased his “crying” to listen to Youngjae’s account of everything that had happened since Jaebeom had unexpectedly appeared in his life.  He furrowed his eyebrows as he took it all in.  Something definitely smelled fishy.  “Call that and get to the bottom of this.”

                Youngjae took out his phone and scrolled through the phonebook for Jaebeom’s name.  He certainly had no interest in talking to the other male, but he had to get to the bottom of this for the sake of his reputation.  The phone rang and rang and he was about to hang up, sure that the elder was avoiding him, when it finally clicked through.

                “Hey there, Jae Jae.”

                Jaebeom’s voice oozed grease and the pet name made Youngjae feel nauseous.  “You have exactly one minute to explain to me what is going on.”

                “I take it that you saw the newspaper this morning, then? I did enjoy our date yesterday and I’m looking forward to getting even closer to you, darling.”

                “Cut the crap, Jaebeom.   You know we’re not dating, so why are you doing this?”

                “Didn’t you see my name all over the newspapers this morning?  Before I was just the nameless manager in 360’s shadow.  Now I’ll be Yoo Youngjae’s boyfriend.  Next, who knows?  But don’t worry; I’ll leave you alone once I’m done with you.”

                “And what’s keeping me from calling a press conference and telling everyone that you’re a lying fake right now?”

                “Didn’t you see the picture?  There’s blatantly something going on between us.  Now, it wouldn’t be very good for your innocent, sweet boy image if it came out that you’ll fool around with anyone, would it?”

                Youngjae gripped the phone in his hand and gritted his teeth, unsure of a comeback.  Jaebeom let out a chuckle when he realized that he had won.  “Well, I have to get going.  Newspapers are calling off the hook.  I’ll talk to you later, baby.”  Before Youngjae could retort, Jaebeom hung up the phone.

                “The nerve of that !” he shouted as he threw his phone on the other side of the couch.  Himchan, who had been listening in on speakerphone, furrowed his eyebrows as he lost himself in thought. 

                “So we need to be able to come out and deny your relationship without ruining your reputation, right?”  He looked down at the picture again, eyes narrowed.  “You said that you didn’t actually kiss him back, right?”

                “Right… I mean, it took me a few seconds, but I pushed him away.”

                “I have an idea… let’s go tell Daehyun that we need to set up a press conference pronto.  We’re going to strike back.”

 

                “Yongguk, what’s wrong?” Himchan asked as he and Youngjae ran into the manager barreling down the hallway, his face contorted in anger. 

                “That little-“ Yongguk growled through gritted teeth, pointing back at Daehyun’s office.

                “Youngjae, you go talk to Daehyun, we’ll wait out here,” Himchan commanded and Youngjae was quick to comply.

                “Daehyun?” Youngjae knocked on the door before opening it and stepping in.  “I need to talk to you about something.”

                Daehyun lifted his face from resting in his hands on his desk and glared at the new intruder.  “Oh, did you come to tell me the good news?  I’ve already heard.  Congratulations.”

                Youngjae started at the icy tone in Daehyun’s voice.  No matter how angry the elder had ever been before, he had never sounded that cold and hateful.  “Look, it’s not like-“

                “Actually, it seems just about everyone in Korea has heard about their new, shining couple by now.”

                “Daehyun, if you’d just listen to me-“

                “But really, I’m happy for you, Jae.  Two backstabbing, slimeballs like yourselves really deserve each other.”  There was nothing in his eyes but venom as Daehyun glared at the actor in his office.  Youngjae soon returned the expression.  He hadn’t come in here to fight, but like hell was he going to put up with this, from Daehyun no less.  Who was he to call him a backstabber.  Youngjae glared at his manager for another second before turning on his heel and storming out of the office, making sure to slam the door on his way out.

                “How’d it go?” Himchan asked, but Youngjae’s expression told him everything.  “He didn’t listen, did he?”

                “Forget him,” Yongguk barked, still blatantly seething but slightly calmer than before.  “Himchan explained everything.  Leave it to me, I’ll get something set up for you.”

                “Thanks, Bang,” Youngjae said weakly.

                “And in the mean time we need to go pay Lee Min Woo a visit,” Himchan added in.

                “Who?”

                Himchan held the newspaper back up, showing Youngjae that dreaded picture once again.  “Look at the bottom, there’s the photographer’s name.  He’s a sleazy, tabloid phototog.  But if he got this photo, then he must have also gotten the others where you were blatantly not a willing participant.”

                “Himchan, that’s brilliant!”

                “I know, now let’s go.”

 

                “I’m coming, I’m coming,” Lee Min Woo pushed up his glasses as he shuffled to his front door, the incessant ringing of the doorbell assaulting his ears.  “How can I-“

                He tried to shut the door again as soon as he saw them, but Himchan was too quick and his lodge his foot in the door.

                “Hello, Min Woo.  I believe you have something for us.”

                “I don’t know what you’re talking about, I don’t even know you.”  He fought to pull the door closed,  but Himchan was stronger and managed to pry it open and away from the man’s hands.

                “Don’t screw around,” Youngjae growled, stepping forward and Min Woo shirked at the aggressive stance.  “I know you’re the one who took that picture of me and I want the rest of them.”

                “No,” Min Woo defiantly crossed his arms.  “Im Jaebeom paid me good money for those.  I don’t need to give them to you.”

                “Are you sure about that?” Himchan growled, cracking his knuckles.

                “Are YOU sure about that?” Min Woo countered, his sassy attitude irking the two actors.  “I don’t think you really want to ruin your reputations by beating up a poor, innocent, harmless photographer, now do you?”

                “I don’t think I’ll have to worry about that,” Yongguk stepped up from where he had been out of sight, “considering I don’t have  a reputation to protect, how about you and I handle this man to man?” He likewise cracked his knuckles and this time Min Woo flinched.

                “Ok, come in.  Just don’t hurt me.”

 

                “Hey, hyung,” Junhong smiled when Daehyun finally answered the door.

                “Junhong… what are you doing here?”

                “I brought dinner, hyung!” Junhong held up the bags of take out.  “You’ve been looking skinny.  You haven’t been eating, have you?”

                “Junhong, I don’t think-“

                “Don’t worry, I’ll get it all set up.  You go sit down on the couch and wait for me.”  Junhong pushed past the still protesting Daehyun and made his way to the kitchen.  Daehyun sighed, having no fight in him after everything that he had been through today, and closed the door.

                “Here you go, your favorite.”  Junhong set the plates of Chinese on the coffee table before settling down on the couch and cuddling up next to Daehyun.  Daehyun quietly thanked him and the TV.  He didn’t want to be rude, he knew that Junhong was just being nice and thoughtful, but he wasn’t in the mood to be around anybody, especially not someone as clingy as Junhong.

                “Did you hear the great news about that Yoo Youngjae guy and Jaebeom-hyung?” Junhong asked with a large grin.  “It looks like they’re together now.”

                Daehyun hummed in response, clicking through the channels aimlessly.

                “So now that Youngjae’s completely out of the picture, I think we need to talk about us, hyung…”

                Daehyun winced.  He was not in any state to be having this conversation right now.  He continued clicking through channels, desperate to find a distraction.

                “Hyung-“

                “And tonight we have none other than Yoo Youngjae!  He’s joining us tonight to talk about his new, supposed relationship that his the tabloids this morning.  Welcome, Youngjae!”

                Both Daehyun and Junhong froze when they saw the actor sitting on a talk show set, wearing an adorable button up shirt, cardigan and bowtie.  He looked the epitome of innocence and adorableness.

                “Thank you for having me,” he answered with a shy smile.

                “Now we were all surprised when Idol News released their paper this morning and you were on the cover, kissing 360’s manager, Im Jaebeom.  It seems that they also had an exclusive interview with him and he said that you two are in a serious, involved relationship.  What do you have to say about that?”

                Daehyun waited with bated breath as the camera focused in on Youngjae.  The actor’s face fell and he looked upset.

                “It’s absolutely not true,” Youngjae answered and everyone in the studio, including the hostess, gasped.

                “What do you mean it’s not true?  So you’re not dating?  Then why were you two kissing?  I don’t think any of us took you to be that kind of person.”

                “It’s not like that,” Youngjae quickly defended, looking desperate.  “I would never.  He… he… he forced me.”

                “What do you mean he forced you?”

                Tears started to well in Youngjae’s eyes.  “I… I thought we were friends.  I had told him that I wasn’t in a place to be dating.  But then... the other day, he took advantage of me and kissed me.  It was… it was… it was my first kiss.”  Youngjae broke down sobbing and the hostess was quick to jump up and comfort him.

                “That’s terrible!  But how do we know that it’s true?”

                “Here are the rest of the pictures that the paparazzi photographer took,” Youngjae explained through sobs.  The screen in the back of the studio and flicked through picture after picture showing Youngjae’s shocked expression, his reluctance, and his attempts to push the blond away.  The studio crowd was a flurry with angry mutterings.

                “That is so horrible,” the hostess cried.  “Why would he do something like this?”

                “He-he-he just pretended to be my friend so that he could take advantage of my fame and become famous himself.  He stole my first kiss just to get his name known.”  Youngjae’s sobs worsened and the hostess did her best to soothe him.

                “Well, we will never forgive him for this, will we?!” she asked the audience, who all broke into a loud uproar.  “I sure hope that Matoki Entertainment has something to say about this real soon.  We won’t rest until we have justice for poor Yoo Youngjae, will we?”

                “I can’t believe it…” Junhong finally spoke up when the show switched to a commercial.  He and Daehyun were both still staring at the screen in shock.  “Did Jaebeom hyung really do that?”

                But Daehyun wasn’t listening.  A million thoughts were running through his head.  Although he knew that obviously Youngjae had been bullting his innocence and first kiss part, after seeing the pictures and knowing Jaebeom’s personality, how could he have been so stupid as to not see this?  He remembered the way that he had treated Yongguk and Youngjae this morning and groaned.  He’d need to call Bang later to apologize.  And Youngjae… he needed to set this is all right with him.  He needed to finally make his decision.

 

-------------------------------------------------------

Author’s note:

Hey guys!  There’s not much to say except that, as usual, thanks for all of your fantastic comments.  They are my favorite thing about updating chapters.  Because you guys are seriously hilarious and awesome and always make my day.

But I do want to warn you that we’re getting dangerously close to the end.  I can’t guarantee how many chapters because lately I keep cutting them off at different places than I originally plan, but… I foresee about 3 more from here.  Like I said, I don’t promise that number, it could be 1 more, who knows where the wrap up will lead.  But I’m excited/nervous about what you guys will think.

But that’s enough rambling.  Thanks for reading and let me know what you think below!

Love,

Dani <3