Chapter 1: Minnie

Helping Hands

Situation:

Hey, so it's about the helping hands thing. Idk I you need/want my infor but my name is Minnie and my last name is Rei.. I'm American-Russian and I think I need help. Awhile back (A few months) my best friend started cutting herself. I saw it and freaked out being the naive and sheltered human I am. I cried to my mom telling her I saw them. My mom made us all meet up and talk. It went well but she didn't want her mom to know. My mother told her mom that she was doing it and she started taking medication and going to therapy. But now.. Actually like 3 days ago her mom walked into her bathroom while she was cutting her thighs. She took her to an insane asylum over night and now she's staying there for the nights till she can get better help. She won't come to school because she doesn't want to talk to anyone -- on another note she's a model (we go to a talent agency place), photographer, and very popular. I need to help her but idk how. 

Thanks for reading~

 

 


 

Cloud_eAtz's Advice: 

 

Have you ever tired asking her why she does it? Plus, her parents need to get her ASAP. That’s not going to help with anything. It’s practically telling her she has a problem, I’m not saying that it isn’t. Cutting yourself is a phase. She’ll grow over it… my friend cuts and I told her about this. She said it’s best to ask her what pain she’s going through and always being there for her, while helping her through whatever pain she’s going through. It’s a phase she also said. But in my opinion, I think she’s just going through a tough time and is needing someone to help understand her. Just tell her in the future,” Those cuts are either going to bring you pain, suffering, or death. I don’t want you to die.” Just be there for her, telling things always get better and she needs to find a sun.  

 

leetaemin32596's Advice:

 

Minnie. I was folloeing this situation in your blog posts, and it really made me cry. Knowing that someone has to actually go through helping a friends and it's not happening in stories or movies really breaks my heart. I haven't experianced anything like this, but I've read about it and so I think I have some good points to make. Usually, the person will cut his/herself because they are feeling pain in their heart/mind and want other pain to distract from the main one. And then it works for a little, but then it fades away and they do it over and over again. Sometimes it's because they feel that they are ugly. That might be the case here, seeing that she is a model and has to keep her good looks up and all of that stuff. She's probably got some low self esteem at the moment, and needs someone to be their for her. Simply telling her to stop isn't really going to help, sadly. She'll say everything is all right, and she might even believe it for a little. But then it's al going to come rushing back to her, and she'll start the sutting again. I also agree with Kenzie. She needs to get out of that place. Like as soon as is humanly possible (and maybe faster than that) being there is going to do nothing, and probably even make it worse. I think you need to tell her she is beautiful the way she is. Tell her that you are going to be there for her whenever she needs you. Let it be known that she is loved, and she can count on you for everything. I think she really needs to know that she is loved, and that she iis beautiful the way she is. You need to boost her self-confidence. I think you also need to tell her that those scars are going to be there forever, reminding her of the bad times she went through. Instead of the scars being mental and back far in her mind, so that she's forgotten , she'll carry the reminder with her everywhere. I think that alone will make her want to stop. But most of all, make it known that you will do everything you can to help her get through this.

 

Help from anonymous person:

i've cut for 11 years, so I have a bit more personal experience with this. Cutting is done for a release, as Annie said. The cuts are almost like a physical showing for the mental/emotional pain that person is going through. On the chemical side, the cutting releases endorphins to make the cutter feel better, although the chemical release isn't long, the effects of actually cutting it. Sometimes, depending on the person, there is no need for a catalyst to cut, other than the desire to. A lot of my cutting wasn't born from pain, it was just born of desire. Think of it like tattoos. They say it's addicting even though it hurts. Cutting can turn into an addiction. The scars are body art. Cutting doesn't always mean suicidal, also. It's really hard to explain to people who don't cut, but just because I have fifteen or twenty new cuts on my forearm doesn't mean I was look for vein. It means that my forearm is the place that causes the most pain when cut. Also, I don't think cutting is a phase. And if it is, I've had a very long phase with it. One thing you need to look into with cutting, is the possibility of it being borderline personality disorder. A lot of people who suffer from it have really low self esteem and harm themselves in some form or fashion.