fourth draft

Four Drafts

February 14, 2008

Kwangyo says something with a smirk before turning to leave. Yongguk waves at him and says goodbye to him, watching him leave the room. The only ones left in the room are Yongguk and Maslo now.

“You leaving for Valentine’s too?” Maslo asks sarcastically, crumpling up a piece of paper that had possible lyrics. Yongguk shakes his head. “Don’t have anyone to spend it with.” He says apathetically.

In one way, he’s glad he doesn’t have anyone. The last thing he wants to do is hurt someone else. He feels like he’s hurt someone before but the feeling is completely confusing because he hasn’t experienced something he’s already aware of.

“Are you crying?” Maslo asks with slight concern, slight because they were supposed to be working on their next song, not crying for no apparent reason.

Yongguk rubs at his eyes. “Ah, no. I was thinking about something sad.” He coughs.

Maslo throws a pen at his head. “Think about something to write about, I’m your date today.” He slides a piece of paper to Yongguk across the table.

Yongguk presses his pen to the paper but no ideas flow. “What do I write?” He scratches his head with his pen, not sure of anything. He didn’t have much experience to write something meaningful and realistic. “How do I write?”

“If you don’t know what and how to write then try to find a reasonwhy.” Maslo explains, his fingers drum the surface of the table. “Even if it’s not something you know the most about, figure it out and experience it through words. Just try it out.”

A sudden surge of electricity rockets through Yongguk. He can suddenly picture it, some of the fluid motions his song would take. He can practically hear the melody running around his head, he just doesn’t know how to capture it yet.

Yongguk starts to scribble down a few lyrics. They don’t make sense and the story behind them are unfamiliar but he knows he’ll understand them soon enough.

He feels himself unwind, and he lets himself forget.