Realisations

Begin Again

How did I get into this situation?
Why couldn’t I just be happy and live a normal life without getting involved with not only one Mafia but two?
It’s too late to regret anything now. My supposedly new life has already taken a turn for the worse.

“Don’t pull the trigger Taeyeon.”



2 days ago

Something has been troubling Kris. I’m sure of it. He’s behaving strangely ever since yesterday. It’s almost like he’s avoiding me. Even though we’re supposed to go to Victoria’s wedding today as a couple it feels like we’re nothing but acquaintances. While this is something I haven’t ever seen Kris do, it is a behaviour that I’d seen in him before I finally snapped and ran away from our house.

The similarities are so real that it kind of scares me. Is Kris going to change too?
Am I going to have to run away for the second time?

However, I’m sure I know who is responsible for Kris’s deteriorating condition. It has to be GYK.

I have already poked my nose enough in Kris’s work and I really don’t want to annoy him but I need to find out who GYK is and why is he back in his life. I know that they were friends and now they’re not. Even if Kris starts to hate me because of this I really just want him to have a happy life. The way things were going on up till now were too good to be true. I love Kris but can I really spend my life with a man in the mafia? Not only is his life on stake but mine too.

“You ready?” Kris called out from outside our room. He was already dressed to go to Victoria’s wedding.
“Yeah I am.” I came out of the room and watched him as he smiled at me. His eyes had a hidden sadness in them. It’s like he wasn’t even trying to hide it.

“Let’s go then, my beautiful fiancé” His words of endearment made my heart skip as I followed him to the car.

I felt guilty. We were going to Victoria’s wedding to have a good time but I had ulterior motives. Since Luhan was going to be at her wedding too it was the perfect time for me to scan out his office room for Kris’s bail papers. Finding out the name of the man who bailed him was the first step to finding out who GYK is. I had already planned the sequence of events in my head. We would go to the wedding; I would spend some time with Kris and make sure that Luhan is indeed at the wedding. Then I will make the excuse of having a stomach ache and slip out of the wedding hall. Once I return to Galaxy Enterprises all I need to do is to find the spare keys to Luhan’s office in Kris’s office room and then I will quickly search for those papers. Qucikly because it wouldn’t be long before Kris finds out that I’ve disappeared. It may sound a little hard but it has to be done.

“What are you thinking about?” Kris abruptly broke my train of thought.
“Oh… I was just thinking about how nice it is to have a wedding. They are truly magical.” I hope I didn’t sound nervous while lying.
Kris just turned back to the steering wheel with a smile. Looks like he believed me.
“One day maybe we could have a magical wedding too”

We arrived at the wedding hall soon. The ceremony was beautiful but my mind was too occupied with other things to fully enjoy it. Kris looked content throughout the ceremony. He really did love Victoria.
At the after party, I put my plan into action. The moment I saw Luhan deep in conversation with the other members of SNC, I immediately made up an excuse to leave.

“Hey Kris…I’m not feeling so good. I think I’m going to head to the washroom.” I pretended to light headed.

“Well…we haven’t greeted the new couple yet so come back fast ‘kay?” He gently my cheek and at that moment the guilt hit me like a truck.

“Yep.” I turned around so fast and didn’t look back until I was out of his sight.
After I was sure that no one would notice me leave, I quickly slipped out of the hall and hailed a cab. It hadn’t even been five minutes in the cab when my phone began to ring. I dreaded to even check who was calling. After about 3 calls I could sense that the cabman was getting annoyed so I decided to put my phone on silent. All three calls had been from Kris.

I quickly jumped out of the cab when we arrived at Galaxy enterprise and hurriedly made my way to Kris’s office. The receptionist was surprised to see me because almost everybody was at Victoria’s wedding. All I could hope for was that she wouldn’t tattle to Kris.

Finding the spare keys to Luhan’s office was no problem at all. I had already kept Kris’s duplicate keys with me so it was even better. Luhan’s office was pretty neat and organized. I looked in his drawers first because Kris too kept his important documents in his drawer.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t find the bail papers but what I actually found in the drawer left me speechless. They were all medical bills and certificates that belonged to Kris.
I almost felt like crying, “Why didn’t you tell me?”
He had been diagnosed with a heart condition and the name of his doctor was Jung Minjae.
No wonder I’d seen him with Hyobin at hospital. Jung Minjae was Hyobin’s father. I can’t believe that I was suspecting Kris of cheating and I felt awful for it. However, my main aim was to find bail papers. Even after thoroughly checking Luhan’s cupboards I couldn’t find anything useful. Time was ticking by, it wouldn’t be long before Kris came here. I had to do something and I had to do it fast.

The only thing I could conclude was that those papers must have not been opened for almost 7 years so they may be somewhere hidden in the room. Luhan was already suspicious of me trying to meddle; it would be no surprise if he hid the bail papers already. I began to scan the room to search where he could have hidden the papers. Suddenly, my eye caught a painting on the wall that was a little crooked. Jackpot! I thought to myself. As I thought, a yellow envelope fell out from behind the painting. I fumbled with it but managed to take the papers out. Before I could even glance at them I heard the noise of the elevator go down.
Well, . I can’t believe I left the elevator at Luhan’s floor now I’m sure to get caught.
Before wasting any more time I looked of the papers. They were from the Seoul High Court and talked about some stuff related to arrests, court appearings, juveniles and stuff. Finally I got to the part where the paper was signed. The signature was too complicated to be deciphered by me but the name underneath it was clear as day.

Maybe I shouldn’t have tried to poke my nose in Kris’s affairs after all.
I heard the elevator come up to Luhan’s floor.
How could I have been so stupid…?

The name underneath the signature was Kwon Jihoon.
Kwon Jihoon was the supposed father of GYK but …Kwon Jihoon was also the name of my ex-boyfriend’s father. Everything suddenly connected.
It’s strange that I actually knew who GYK was all along.
GYK was… Jiyong Kwon.
I knew because, after all, I couldn’t forget the name of my ex-boyfriend, right?

Just then, the door to Luhan’s office flew open.