Bad Mouth

Begin Again
"Congratulations, Miss Kim."
 
I smiled widely at the man sitting on the desk in front of me.
 
"Thank you, Mr. Lee. You don't know how much this means to me." I smiled widely and got up from my seat.
 
"You can sign the papers later. Thank you for coming." Mr. Lee got up too and held his hand out to me. I shook it twice and then bowed.
 
"I'll drop by tomorrow and sign the papers." I began to leave. "See you soon, Mr. Lee"
 
The old man with a graying beard smiled at me as I walked out of his cabin.
 
As soon as I exited the building, I hit the speed dial on my phone. It rang for a while and finally, the person answered.
 
"Guess what, Mr. Wu?" I yelled into the phone. "I got in!!"
 
"Stop screaming in my ear." He said. "Already you trouble me so much and now I've got one more reason to worry about you."
 
I rolled my eyes at his comment. "Come on! I'm going to be around little children! You don't need to worry about me."
 
"I'm not going to take a risk by believing that." He replied honestly. "Anyway, Come to my office now."
 
"Alright Mr. Wu! Bye." I disconnected the call with a chuckle. 
 
He already has so many reasons to worry...I don't want to add to it.
 
***
 
Flashback~
 
 
"I'm so bored these days! You're always busy and I feel lonely at home." I complained to Kris.
 
We were sitting on a bench near Han River. It was one of the rare times Kris was free from work. Otherwise he was dealing with stock exchange or Black money. A different job by day and a different one at night.
 
"You get bored at Galaxy Enterprise and it's risky to take you to SNC." Kris put an arm around me. "My house is safe for you."
 
I pouted slightly "You don't even have a TV in your house"
 
"Ah..." Kris put a hand on his forehead. "Okay, tell me this, What did you plan on doing before you came to Seoul?"
 
I looked at him with a confused expression. "I planned to rent an apartment and then spend the rest of my days here!"
 
Kris face palmed. "You think you'd get an apartment without a job?" He questioned.
 
"Oh...I planned to become an English teacher!" I said happily. "But that was before I ran away from England."
 
"Then do it. Become a teacher." Kris told me firmly. "If you believe you can do it then go for it."
 
"You're right..." I smiled to myself. "I can come to Seoul everyday!"
 
Kris coughed. "Damn. Now you're going to ask me for my car."
 
I grinned. "Of course I am!"
 
"We'll see about that." Kris said."First get the job."
 
"Challenge accepted!" 
 
***
 
So there I stood in the queue for a interview at Seoul Kindergarten. There was no vacancy actually, but they were desperately in need of temporary English teacher. Since the permanent one had gone to Paris for her daughter's wedding and wouldn't be back for a month or so.
 
I almost had the feeling I wouldn't get the job but Mr. Lee was really kind to me and gave me the job. I told him that I was living in the outskirts of Seoul. The only problem was transport. I hoped Kris would deal with it.
 
I took a cab to Galaxy Enterprise and reached in about half an hour. It was already past 4 PM when I arrived.
 
"Hello Miss. Kim" The receptionist greeted me.
 
I smiled and greeted her back. I was no longer a stranger in this huge skyscraper. I usually came here with Kris to meet up with Yoona, Seohyun and some other friends of mine. The only thing was that everyone knew me as
 
CEO Wu's Fiancéé
 
Well, I wasn't exactly his fiance but because of Victoria, I had to keep that status. And also his mother's silver ring.
 
I entered the elevator and saw Lay inside. He was flipping through a file but glanced up at me when I entered. Lay was always so kind to me.
 
"Hello, Jie! gege told me about your interview. How was it?" Lay asked me with a kind smile.
 
"I aced it!" I smiled back. "The principal is a really nice man."
 
"I'm glad for you!" Lay chuckled "60th floor, right?"
 
I nodded and Lay pressed the button on the control panel.
 
60th Floor. Kris' room.
 
Lay put up a small conversation with me until he got down at the 50th floor. I was alone in the elevator until suddenly, the doors opened at the 55th floor. Luhan was there. His face was a little tensed.
 
"Oh, Hey Yeon!" Luhan said with a faint smile. "Are you going to meet Kris?" He stepped inside the elevator.
 
"Yeah. hopefully." I chuckled. "Are you going there too?"
 
Luhan shook his head. "Nah, I'm going to the 59th floor. I need to talk to Tao about...something." Luhan hesitated. "By the way, are you sure that Kris is still here? He had a doctor's appointment today."
 
I knitted my eyebrows together. "That's strange. I never knew he had an appointment today. And he himself told me to come to his office."
 
"I see..." Luhan said thoughtfully. The elevator doors opened at the 59th floor. "Anyway, just stay in his room until he comes back. Bye Yeon" 
 
Luhan walked out tensely. I couldn't shake off the feeling that he was worried about something.
 
I got out of the elevator at the 60th floor and walked to Kris' room. I noticed that his PA wasn't sitting at her table near the room. 
 
I knocked the door twice and there was no response.
 
Looks like Luhan was right...Kris isn't here
 
I took out his spare keys from my handbag and opened the door to his room. It was empty.
 
I rolled my eyes. He could have at least told me he wasn't going to be there.
 
I closed the door behind me and kept my handbag on his desk. This office room was much more spacious than the one he had at SNC. This one also had transparent fiber glass walls at the back through which I could see the city down below. The scene looked incredible at night.
 
I sat on his rotating chair and spun for a while until I got dizzy. Then I fiddled with some of the stuff on his desk. I didn't dare open his drawer because I knew he'd have a gun inside it.
 
I sighed and began to arrange the scattered files on his desk. Suddenly, I heard a buzzing sound. Like from a mobile. It was coming from under the pile of folders under his desk. I picked them all up and saw Kris' phone blinking. Incoming call.
 
I picked the mobile up and unlocked the screen.
 
Incoming call
 
Caller ID-
 
 GYK
 
 
"Now who is this? " I said to myself. "Should I answer it?"
 
No...It's better if I don't interfere.
 
I kept the phone back on the desk and It stopped ringing for a while. But then again,
 
*Buzz*
 
The person really wanted to talk to Kris. I hoped it wasn't urgent. 
It stopped after a while again.
 
 
*Buzz*
 
Oh no, It's ringing again. What do I do?
 
I took the phone in my hand and unlocked it again. It was GYK again. I sighed.
 
At least I should tell this person that Kris isn't here...
 
I swiped the green button and held the phone to my ear.
 
"Hel..." 
 
I stopped half-way when Kris burst into the room. He looked at me and then the phone.
 
"I..Uh." I hid the phone behind me. "Someone was calling you again and again so I..."
 
 His eyes grew wide. He stormed to me and grabbed the phone from my hand. Then, he held it to his ear.
 
"I told you to not to call me. The money has been sent so don't irritate me now." He yelled into the phone and then threw it on the wall. The phone smashed due to the impact.
 
"What even..." I stared at Kris. He was fuming.
 
Suddenly, he held my arm tight and pushed me against the desk. 
 
"Don't ever touch my stuff." He hissed, leaning down to me. "Specially my phone."
 
"I..." I gulped. "It was ringing for so long...GYK was calling you..."
 
Kris shut his eyes. "Did you talk to him?"
 
"No...You came in when I was going to." I whispered.
 
He let out a sigh. Relief maybe?
 
"Do not touch my phone. It's for your own good." He let go of me and went to pick up the leftover pieces of his phone.
 
"Who was that Kris? " I asked him when he cooled down. "You talked to him so rudely."
 
Kris didn't look at me. "That's none of your concern."
 
I chose to remain quiet.
 
He took off his suit coat and tie. Then he rolled up the sleeves of his white collared shirt. Then he leisurely sat down at his desk.
 
"You had an appointment today? You didn't even tell me." I approached him.
 
He ran his tongue over his lip. "It was just a check-up. Luhan was nagging me to go for it."
 
"You should have told me atleast." I stood behind his chair.
 
"Hmmm." He replied disinterested.
 
I just sighed and walked over to the glass wall. The sky had become a shade of dark gray. A thunderstorm most probably. Millions of lights illuminated the city. I put both palms flat on the glass and looked down.
 
"Babe?" Kris called out to me.
 
I ignored him.
 
"Come on, babe. I'd forgotten about the appointment too until Tao reminded me."
 
I ignored him again.
 
When he walked over to me, I walked away from him.
 
"I'm going to ask Kai or Sehun to drop me home. It's going to rain soon." I grabbed my bag from his desk and head towards the door.
 
"Stay at the hotel today. It's too dangerous for anyone to drive." He mumbled.
 
I stopped. "Fine. I'll take a cab."
 
Suddenly, he pulled me around.
 
"I hate it when you act like this." He said. "Stop being so childish."
 
I sighed and looked at him in the eyes. "You're hiding things from me."
 
 Kris' face became noticeably paler.
 
I continued "But it's okay. I understand that it's something you don't want to share with me." 
 
"Some things are best left untold." Kris whispered.
 
I looked away. " Anyway, my job starts tomorrow so I need to go home to gather my stuff."
 
 "It's thundering outside." Kris said. "But if you're going to act stubborn, then leave."
 
He turned around and went back to his desk. I swear I was this close to throwing my phone on his head.
 
"." I said quietly but loud enough for him to hear.
 
"You've got such a potty mouth, Kim Taeyeon." He said. "I can't believe I kissed it."
 
Now that, infuriated me.
 
"How.dare.you." I gritted my teeth. Then I ran and pounced on him. He tried to push me off but I continuously slapped his arm and chest.
 
I couldn't believe he was laughing all the time I was hitting him! That infuriated me even more!
 
"Potty-mouth." He laughed as I scratched him and pulled his hair.
 
I stopped and stared at him in the eyes. "As though you don't enjoy kissing it."
 
Without another word, I kissed him hard. And he didn't even resist me. Instead, he wound his hand in my hair and pulled me closer. The intensity of our kiss grew and neither of us could control it. This kiss wasn't innocent like before. It was filled with...rage.
 
I could feel Kris' hands hovering at the hem of my shirt. For a moment my heart raced. But I knew it was all over when Kris smirked against my lips.
 
"You're unbelievable." He murmured. "I didn't expect such a dirty mouth to be so good."
 
I was a tad bit disappointed that Kris didn't take the second step. But maybe I wasn't ready for it yet.
 
"I didn't expect such a bitter mouth to be so good." I back-answered. 
 
We broke away from each other and I stood up and smoothed my skirt. I was sitting on his lap all this time!
 
"Which room?" I asked him.
 
He held out a card to me. "Walk down the corridor on the left. First door is my room."
 
"This floor?" I asked him again even though I knew he meant the same floor.
 
"No. Why don't you go sleep with Tao downstairs?" He said sarcastically. "Of course it's this floor."
 
I gave him a dirty expression and then took the key card. "Whatever. I hope you have another one cause I'm not opening the door for you."
 
"Are you sure? " He smirked. "I know you want more of this bitter mouth."
 
I blushed at his remark but slammed the door as I walked out.
 
I can't believe I just let someone call me a potty mouth!
 
***
 
The next day~
 
Kris' car slowly came to a halt in front of Seoul Kindergarten's gates. I jumped out of the car and was about to go inside the gates when Kris called out to me.
 
He rolled down his window and signaled me to come closer.
 
"What is it?" I asked him impatiently.
 
"I'll come to pick you up at 3 o'clock or so. If I'm not able to, then I'll send someone else." Kris stared at me through his sunglasses. "Do not, I repeat, Do not even think about wandering off on your own."
 
"God, Yifan. I'm not a 3 year old kid!" I held my hands up.
 
"But you are dating a 23 year Mafia leader!" He yelled. "If I have a weakness, that weakness is you. I can't let people make use of that!"
 
I smiled unknowingly at his words. "Aw, You make me cry, Wu Yifan!" I chuckled and bent down to give him a peck on the cheek. "Bye now!"
 
Even though Kris was wearing shades, I knew he rolled his eyes. But he probably didn't know that I was really happy to hear those words from his mouth.
 
I walked into the school with a content smile. All around me were small kids. I realized deep in my heart that I couldn't be happier than this.
 
First, I met Mr. Lee and signed a few papers. Then I went to the classroom I was assigned. I was kind of lost in the corridors but a friendly co-worker took me to the class.
 
"It's kind of confusing at first, but you'll get used to it soon." The teacher said as she walked me to my class. "I'm Park Yumi."
 
This teacher looked about my age so I felt comfortable around her.
 
"Oh, I'm--"
 
"I know, Kim Taeyeon, right?" She giggled. "The principal was telling us about you."
 
"I see..." I smiled. "Nice meeting you, Yumi."
 
"Same here! Let's sit together in the staff room!" Yumi stopped . "Here is your class!"
 
After I bowed slightly and thanked her, She hurried off to her own class.
 
I took a deep breath in. 
 
My first day as a teacher. I must make it a good one.
 
 
 
The day went by smoothly. The children in my class were polite but naughty. Though, they all listened to me as I taught them some phrases and sayings. They were so good, What more could I ask for? 
I made friends with most of the teachers but Yumi and I really got to know each other. It was fun talking to her and she shared a bit of her life with me.
 
I felt a bit sad when it was finally time to go home. All the kids wished me with huge toothless grins.
 
I went to the staff room and packed my stuff up. It was a bit past 3PM so I hoped Kris wouldn't be upset.
 
When I walked out of the school, I saw Kris' black glossy car there but the person standing beside it was not him. It was Suho.
 
"Oh Hi Suho!" I said trying to hide the disappointment in my voice.
 
"Hey noona. Kris told me to pick you up. He wasn't able to make it."
 
I nodded and got into the car.
 
I just have to accept that Kris is a busy person.
 
***
 
I got down of the car when we reached Galaxy Enterprise. Suho drove away to park it. I was about to go inside when I saw Luhan, Tao and Kai standing near the door. They were having a heated conversation about something.
 
I decided to ask them where Kris was. But Luhan saw me coming and went silent. So did Tao and Kai.
 
"Um guys? I'm sorry if I'm bothering you but do you know where Kris went?" I approached them.
 
Luhan smiled faintly. "He's almost here, Yeon. Don't worry." He perfectly avoided my question.
 
Something's fishy...
 
"But where did he go?" I tried again.
 
Tao spoke up this time. "Jie, he's alright. He's just gone--"
 
Before Tao could complete, A car stopped beside us.
And out of it came two people. Two people whom I did not expect or want to see together.
 
Wu Yifan and Jung Hyobin
 
"Excuse my bad mouth but...What is that doing with Kris?"




~



A.N:

Hello dear readers!! ^^
Here's another chapter for you!
There are a few mysteries in this chapter... can you make them out?
I wrote this in a bit of a hurry so I'm sorry if it's short and has mistakes 
Please do subscribe and comment ^^ I like reading your comments a lot

Xoxo, Dani~