Time Machine

Begin Again

"It's time to reveal my bad side." Kris whispered darkly into me ear.

I swallowed hard and fidgeted with my jeans' pocket. I could feel his lips hovering over mine so I turned my face to the side so that he doesn't kiss me.

"Isn't this what you wanted, Taeyeon?" He whispered against my cheek. His lips were touching my cheek lightly.

My heart pounded and my breathing became uneven. "I don't want you to force yourself on me..." I said softly. "I only wanted you to love me."

"Hmm" His lips trailed down my cheek to my neck. He began to plant soft kisses on it.

I in a breath and turned towards him again.

"Just so you know..." I breathed. "I have a knife in my hand. And I could cause immense damage to your manhood if I wanted to."

He smirked. "Thanks for telling me." Suddenly, he grabbed my wrist and twisted it. I yelped as the knife clattered on to the office desk. Then he pushed the knife off the desk so that it fell down on the floor.

"You-!" Before I could complete my sentence, Kris' lips came crashing down on mine. "Mmphf!"

No...This is not how I want my first kiss with him!

I pushed his chest but he didn't budge. Finally, I turned away and slapped his face. He grabbed both my arms and pinned them to the table.

"Aren't you happy now?" He said in a husky voice. "Isn't this what you wanted?"

He tried to kiss me again but I writhed in  his arms and shifted my face. 

"I-I wanted you to love me, Kris." I cried. "I don't want you to force yourself on me!"

"Love you?" He chuckled darkly.

"I know. I know you don't love me." I said in a small voice.

"The hell I don't." He muttered. His voice sounded so empty, so full of pain."Miss Kim...I've loved you ever since you agreed to live in my house. Even before you fell in love with me. I've fallen in love with you every single day since then...And you're telling me that I don't love you?... As if I could stop loving the one person who still matters to me " 

I felt as though I couldn't breath anymore.

Kris Wu loves me? Am I hearing the right words?

"But would you want to spend the rest of your life with a person like me? I'm a murderer, Miss Kim."  He said desperately. "Would you want to spend your days hiding in fear from underground criminals? My life is at stake almost everyday. Would you still want to marry me, knowing that I could possibly die the next day?"

Listening to him I began to get misty-eyed. I'd never seen Yifan in such a vulnerable position before. If he was lying, I would've known. But this person embarrassingly on top of me was being honest to me. Cruel but honest.

"Yes." I said. My voice was softer than a whisper. Barely audible, but I knew he heard me.

"Huh?"

I looked into Kris's eyes. There was so much hurt in them. All the feelings he had bottled up in his heart could be seen through his eyes. 

"You asked me whether I would want to spend the rest of my life with a murderer. My answer is yes." I said. " You asked me if I would want to spend my days hiding. Well, My answer is yes. "

"Tae-" He interrupted me.

"I haven't finished speaking." I said. When he closed his mouth, I continued. "You asked me if I would marry you, knowing that your life is uncertain. My answer is yes."

"Why even..." Kris diverted his eyes. His voice was becoming heavy.

 I smiled sadly. "Because people's lives are like books, Mr. Wu. You won't understand anything about them if you only read the ending. You must read it from the beginning to know the true story behind the ending." I explained softly. 

"You may be a murderer, but there must be a story behind it which I am willing to listen." I whispered."If you say that you can't possibly stop loving the only person who matters to you then, why do you expect me not to love the person who says that I matter to him the most?"

Kris's eyes blazed with sudden surprise. He looked like he was at a loss of words. But I could see the same admiration and love in his eyes that I held for him. The corner of his mouth curved into a smile.

"I love you, Kim Taeyeon. I always will." He inched closer to my lips.

"Wu Yifan, I am distressingly in love with you." I smiled back.

Then he cupped my face between his hands. I felt his soft and cold lips pressed gently against mine. I wasn't surprised when I kissed him back. It made me dizzy, but I was enjoying every last bit of it. Kris wasn't like any other person I'd kissed before. 

Maybe this is what real love feels like...

 My arms instinctively curled around his neck when he deepened the kiss. Fire was running through my veins instead of blood. I'd never thought a kiss could be so desperate and uncontrolled. 

We kissed like that for five, ten, fifteen minutes. I'd never felt so...blissful. 
But we were both out of breath by the end of it.

"Kris..." I mumbled against his lips.

"What is it?" He murmured.

"Get off me. You're heavy" 

I could feel his smile against my lips as he slowly got up. I got up too. My limbs were cramped up but I couldn't care less. We sat on the table silently until I broke the ice.

"Did you indirectly ask me to marry you?" I grinned looking at him. Even in the dim light I could see his face turn red.

"What if I did?" He retorted.

My grin widened. "My answer won't change. I'll promise you that." I rested my head on his shoulder. He smelled nice. Like Cinnamon and mint.

"Well, That's good 'cause I would like to do it in a professional way." He said, grabbing my hand. 

"How?" I asked him gleefully. Yifan would probably be a total gentleman.

"Y'know, First, I would catch you off guard in a background of the setting sun. Second, I would be at least 2 feet away from you. Third, I would fall on my knees and ask you to marry me."

"Sounds like a good plan" I kissed his cheek. "I'll be waiting for it."

"No you won't." He replied. "First step is to catch you off-guard."

I rolled my eyes. But I was totally imagining the scene in my head. It was a beautiful idea.

"Promise me..." I began. "No more secrets between us, okay?"

 Before he could respond, the door burst open. I didn't know who it was, but I was guessing it was one of Kris' friends.

"Hyung, It's an emergency." The guy sounded really worried. He looked at me and bowed. "Sorry, Noona ." 

It was then that I realized that my bra was exposed. I turned around shyly. 

Kris got off the table and gave me his jacket. "What is it, Baekhyun?"

"It's the Red Dragons. They accessed Seoul through the underground subway." Baekhyun informed. "They've smuggled at least ten tons of into Seoul."

"What?!" Kris exclaimed. "Wasn't Yuri responsible for the subways?"

"One of the security cameras out for five minutes in the evening. By the time Yuri went to check it out, they were already reaching their destination."

"God. How did the camera black out?" Kris asked him.

"She doesn't know. That's why she went to check it." Baekhyun replied. "They probably hacked into the camera system. They're selling it off to the Empire group. Chen is already  where the deal is taking place."

Kris shook his head. "He needs back-up. You, Kai, Luhan and D.O come with me."

"Alright, Hyung." Baekhyun left the room in a hurry.

When Baekhyun left, Kris walked past me and pulled open his table drawer. There was a shotgun inside it. He took it out and put it in his back pocket.

"I can trust you to go home by yourself, right?" He asked me.

"You can." I smiled sadly. "Don't die before you marry me." 

"Hopefully I won't." He chuckled and kissed my forehead. "Go now."

I jumped off the table and walked out of the room. Baekhyun, Kai, Luhan and D.O. ran past me.

I hope nothing bad happens...

***

*knock,knock*

My eyes slightly opened and I got up from my bed. It was 2 hours past midnight. I opened the door and saw Yifan standing causally with his hands in his pockets.

"Yes?" I answered groggily. 

"Aren't you glad that I'm alive?" He smirked.

I rolled my eyes with a smile. "Well, I am glad. But I'm also very tired. Today wasn't exactly an easy day for me."

"I see..." He said quietly. "I just came here to ask...If you would like to sleep on my bed."

"Where are you gonna sleep then?" I asked him while yawning.

"Uh...with you?" He looked down and bit his lower lip. "I won't do anything to you. I just..." He fumbled. "I turned off the air conditioner too."

I eyed him for a while. "Wait, I'll bring my blanket." I grinned and walked into my room.

We walked to his room silently. I plopped on to his bed and turned towards his side. He lay down beside me shortly. 

I closed my eyes. "You can tell me the story till I dose off." I mumbled.

I heard a long sigh. "Since you already read the letters, you know that my dad was involved with an Anglo-Korean Mafia due to some business misconception. So...He went to England to sort things out. He was misled to believe that everything was okay but the truth was that they were following him to Seoul. My mother and I went to pick him up from the airport..." Yifan trailed off.

"I'm listening" I whispered.

"The minute he walked out off the airport, one of the guys that were following him sprayed tear gas and smoke. Then...The arrival block went haywire. Everyone was coughing or crying. I lost track of my mother and father in the crowd. Then we heard a bullet sound and I knew something was wrong. I followed the sound and saw that a masked guy was going to shoot my parents who looked so frightened...So I ran and pushed him just as he pulled the trigger."

I heard Yifan gulp. I knew It wasn't easy for him to say all that. "The bullet hit my mother. She went limp in my father's arms." He in a deep breath. "I was petrified. I couldn't move even if I wanted to. The masked man made use of that and shot my father too...They fell down right in front of my eyes." 

"I was enraged more than sad. The man was still trying to get up when I kicked his back and pushed him on to the ground. The gun left his hand so I grabbed it and then...shot him. Again and again till I was out of ammunition." 

I opened my eyes. "You didn't kill your parents." 

He pursed his lips. "The gun was in my hands when the police came. I didn't object when they arrested me for three murders."

"What was wrong with you?!" I raised my voice. Suddenly not feeling so sleepy anymore.

"I let them die, Tae." He turned his face towards me. "It was better to be in jail rather than live my life with such guilt that consumed me, killed me from the inside."

I felt the sudden urge to wrap my arms around him but I didn't.

"They were going to send me to a juvenile hall but then my friend's father intervened and saved me. He used my inheritance of dad's multi-million company as an excuse to pull me out. For three years, I lived with my friend and spent time with him. he pulled the guilt out of me and replaced it with revenge."

"So...that's why you..."

"Yeah." Kris cut me off. "That's why I formed SNC."

"For revenge?"

"No..." He said quietly. "I formed it to stop all illegal Mafia work in Seoul. So, that no foreign mafia has access to Seoul. To be honest, SNC is more like the undercover FBI of Seoul...but to avoid suspicion and doubts from other mafias, we disguised ourselves as a mafia."

"That's just...Does the police know?" I asked him with wide-eyes.

"They do. We're partners in business." He said. "The reason why we ill-treat people who trespass our roads at night is to generate fear among the crowds. That's why you..." Kris sighed. "I didn't know they were making use of girls. I'll take care of that. Don't worry."

I closed my eyes again. "Good. Thank you for telling me your story..." I scooted closer and put my arm around him. 

"Goodnight, Miss Kim"

"Goodnight, Mr. Wu"

***

A few days later...

"YOU PROMISED ME!!" I hollered at Wu Yifan. I was so angry at him! 

We were in his CEO room. Well, he was sitting on his office chair and rubbing his temple.

"I know I did but--"

"BUT WHAT?! I DON'T CARE IF YOU DON'T COME! JUST GIVE ME YOUR KEYS!"

"I am not letting you drive alone 7 kms. at  8 o'clock just to see that stupid fountain." He gritted his teeth.

"Then why make fake promises?! This is the third time you're doing this, Yifan!" I yelled. "At least let me go alone if you don't want to accompany!"

"I have work?!" He yelled back. 

It's been a few days since Kris and I started dating. The sad part was, We'd only been on two dates till now. And Kris backed out on our plans three times. I knew he had work and all. But why promise when you know you can't keep it?

I slammed my fist on his desk. "Then I'm taking one of your friends. Sehun is free right? I'll go with him."

"No."

"But you-!"

"I said no."

I was so angered by him that I began to cry.

 Stupid Yifan! Idiot Yifan

"ing moron" I said through tears. 

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He picked up his landline. "Hello? Sehun?"

My ears perked up and I stopped crying.

"Yeah, I want you to work on the stock-exchange with Lark Corporation. Grab the files from my room."

I stared at him in disbelief.

"You so did not give work to Sehun so that he can't take me!" I yelled.

"Well, yes I did." He got up from his CEO chair. "Because I'm taking you to Banpo Bridge."

I looked at him sheepishly. "Really?"

"Yes." He sighed, exasperated. "You are going to be the death of me."

"Hehe..." I stuck my tongue out.

***

Kris drove us to Banpo bridge within half an hour or so. The night sky was above us. The stars twinkled brightly and made the night feel more magical.

"You know," I began. We were standing at the side of the bridge along with a few other people. The show was almost going to start. "I have my own idea for a professional proposal."

"And what would that be?" Kris questioned me.

Before I could answer, The show began. Thousands of LED lit nozzles shot water out of them coloring the water in various shades of blue, green, pink and orange. I could feel minute droplets of water sprayed on my face. The cool breeze tangled my hair and I giggled. I'd never seen such a breath-taking and beautiful sight before. I wow-ed and held Kris's hand.

"Here" I finally answered his question. "I would want him to propose me during the fountain show. It would be more than I could ask for."

"Well...It would be kinda embarrassing to do that in front of so many people." Kris stated. "And why did you say 'him' ? I'm the one proposing you. You shall take only my name."

"That is, unless I find a hotter guy than you." I chuckled

"You break my heart, Kim Taeyeon."

"I'm the only person who has the right to, Wu Yifan." I grinned as we looked on at the multi-colored fountain.

Unless you break my heart first.

~


Author's Note:

Hehe! They are finally together ^^
But is Kris still hiding things from Taeyeon?
You'll have to find out...

A big thanks to my subscribers and commentators! :D

PS: Sorry for the short chapter ^^'

Xoxo, Dani~