2

Out Of The Line

 

 

Chanyeol walked in his sister’s room.

“Noona? Wake up.” He tugged on her sheets.

Chaekyung just groaned.

“You have to meet Khun hyung in an hour.” He reminded.

Chaekyung sat up slowly.

“Dont you have class today?” She asked.

“None, I’ll be at the company in a few, do you want me to drop you off at Khun hyung’s?”

“It’s fine, you go ahead.” She murmured as she plopped back again.

“Noona!” Chanyeol’s deep voice boomed. Chaekyung groaned.

“Fine! I’m up already! Sheesh!” She sat up again.

 

“Chaekyung, it’s me.” Yoonhee’s voice was heard from the other line as Chaekyung slipped in her car.

“Hey, what’s up?” Chaekyung asked as she started the engine.

“It’s about that shoot, can we move it to tomorrow Chae?”

“Hmm, I’ll ask Manager Im first, then I’ll call you back. Is that okay?”

“Sure, let’s have lunch together later.”

“Arasso, I’ll call you later.” Chaekyung placed her phone down and sped off.

 

Khun was in the middle of a meeting with three of the company’s directors when Chaekyung walked in.

“Ya, I’m here. I’m not late.” She announced as she sat on the leather couch.

The men blinked at her, Khun didn’t even react.

“Then, I’ll be seeing the floor plan by next week, thank you for coming here on such a short notice.” Khun said as they stood up.

Chaekyung pulled her hair up and looked at him, Khun got a white envelope from his desk and placed it on the table in front of her.

“I had this requested for you, you just need to sign.” He nodded as he sat across her.

“Yoonhee wants to eat together, would you like to-”

“Oh, noona you’re here.” Tao walked in.

“Hey, baby panda.” She grinned as Tao sat beside her.

“I’ll join you two, Tao?”

“Lunch with us and Yoonhee.” Chaekyung said.

“No, I can’t. Hyung, this is from Rolling Hills Jeju, they wanted to ask if we can provide them with-”

Chaekyung signed on the papers in front of her.

“Just finish things with Tao and I’ll wait for you downstairs.”

Khun nodded, then Chaekyung her palm towards him.

“I’ll get bored.” She smiled at him, Khun sighed and took out his card.

“I gave you one, Chae.” He said referring to the special credit card that was used for their super malls and stores.

“I lost it, call me when you’re done. See you later, baby panda.” She patted Tao’s shoulder before leaving. Khun smiled as she closed the door behind her.

“How do you stand her, hyung?”

“I should ask my five year old self.”

 

Chaekyung agreed to meet Yoonhee at the Lotte Department store, Chaekyung testing perfumes when Yoonhee approached her.

“Khun asked me to wait here, let’s just go together.” Chaekyung nodded to her, Yoonhee looked around them and noticed the customers looking at Chaekyung admiringly.

Well, Chaekyung was the face of the company and many women admired her.

Yoonhee’s brows furrowed briefly then she patted Chaekyung’s shoulder.

“What about the shoot? Is Manager Im-”

“Right, about tomorrow, I’m free. I’ll be coming with unnie. Just tell her the address.” Chaekyung nodded.

“Did you empty the mall already, Chae?” A voice joined them, the saleslady in front of them bowed.

Khun rolled his eyes at his friend.

“Good, you’re here.” Khun grinned and took Yoonhee’s hand.

“I was about to, anyway, here.” Chaekyung handed the card back to Khun.

Yoonhee’s eyes followed the card. She never really talked about it, but she noticed that Khun never offered her a card of her own. And she wanted one.

“Did you buy something?”

“No, I prefer the Apgujeong branch, anyway, I’ll meet you two at the resto!” She waved at them.

The couple left ahead, Chaekyung glanced at them, she smiled. Yoonhee looked so petite against Khun’s tall and lean frame.

And she was glad that her one and only best friend has met his special someone.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++