[ ix ]

Love Me Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That night, while Krystal is already fast asleep, Suzy looked at the stars fluttering up the sky. She could feel the exhaustion seeping into her sister's aura, but over that, happiness is clearly visible. Krystal came home late, just like what Myungsoo had said, but there is this certain spark and flow in Krystal's eyes that tells Suzy everything went well.

"Guess who passed her auditions," she heard Krystal talk enthusiastically from behind the bathroom door. She's talking to Myungsoo, Suzy could tell. She looks so excited and happy that it made Suzy smile across her image on the mirror.

"Congratulations unnie, you did well." she had whispered, well aware that her sister wouldn't be able to hear her. She wanted to say it personally, but she deems it impossible, judging from the way they're so distant from each other. The way Krystal is so distant from her.

Suzy sighed at the chill of the midnight wind. She remembers the last time she had stared at the skies this way. It was during her sixteenth birthday. They never really celebrate birthdays inside the orphanage. Considering the number of the children staying inside, celebrating one's birthday would be such a hassle. Just imagine how many birthdays they would be celebrating each year, and to think that they didn't have much fund in the first place. Suzy understood this well, so as usual just like her past birthdays, she stayed at the vast vacant lot near the orphanage and stared at the pretty stars splattered at the night sky. She remembers how clear and how beautiful the sky was that night.

Suzy saw a falling star on the night of her sixteenth birthday. She squealed, amazed because it's her first time to see one (at least as far as her memory tells her), but remembered to make a wish right after.

She wished for one thing that night, and guess what. She's already living the dream.

Suzy believed in wishes since then. Well, one falling star had managed to grant her her biggest wish. She knows one more would grant her her next. She's not really expecting much, falling stars don't just come around after all, but then much to her surprise, her eyes caught one. Lining the night sky in one beautiful streak, Suzy sees another fallen star. She hugged her knees and closed her eyes as she made her wish. For an entire minute, Suzy whispered to the heavens what her heart has been yearning for.

One doesn't need some psychic power just to know what her wish was. Anyone who has eyes could immediately tell what it is. It can be seen with the way she forces a smile whenever Krystal ignores her. In the way her heart clenches whenever she says mean things to her. You can see it in the way she looks at Krystal.

"I wish for Krystal unnie to find her little sister. I wish for her to find her little sister in me..."

The stars twinkled rather brightly when she opened her eyes. Suzy saw this and smiled. The heavens must have heard her prayers, and now, all she had to do is to help them make it happen. She has to work hard to pass through her sister's wall, just like how Myungsoo did.

He succeeded on melting Krystal's cold heart; that alone keeps her motivated. If Myungsoo could do it, then so could she. She is her sister after all. Her only sister in that matter. It shouldn't be that hard right?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

S  U  Z  Y  '  S   P  O  V

Yey for the first day of school. Everyone always gets hyped during the first day, but I just can't seem to get myself well into it. It's actually hard to be feeling excited when you're trapped into the 7:30 timeline for every single day of the next six months of the first semester. But hey, at least I have the same schedule with unnie during Mondays and Fridays. I can eat breakfasts with her at least on those two days.

I cast a fleeting look at my sister across the table. Anyone with eyes could tell that she is really very classy. She's beautiful not in a cute way, but in the most stunning sense. She walks and moves with much grace that someone like me would always just hope to have. She looks beautiful in those dresses she wear and her brown locks look perfectly tussled no matter what she does.

Then I looked at myself. Yep. That's really feminine and classy of you to wear jeans and a statement shirt on the first day of school Choi Suzy. I was never really a fan of beauty over comfort. Oh I would trade every high heels in the world for a pair of sneakers if I could. One look between me and my sister and you could easily pinpoint who the pretty one and who the lame one is. Just don't ask who the lame one is, please. I would rather die ignorant, thank you very much.

"Hey, Suzy," I was surprised with the voice of my sister. Oh. My. Goodness. Did she just speak to me first? Unnie never speaks to me first. I was in an impression that she doesn't even want to talk to me at all, but here she is, initiating a conversation. I want to be happy, but then a clawing dread erupts inside of me.

"Hmm?" she can't be mad at me already right?

"Wanna go to school with me?"

I choked on my own drinking water, and entered into coughing fits. "What?" I asked again when I finally got a grip of my dignity that was another cough away from disappearing.

"I am asking you of you want to go to school with me. Together."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter