Chapter 32

Love Me Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

❝chapter thirty-two;
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   "THANK YOU...FOR BEING THERE."

 

 

Suzy heard a knock on the door. The girl immediately scruffled on the wide xpanse of the bed to search for something to wipe her face. She knows how hiseoud she looks, basing from the tears she shed moments back. Right now, she feels weak, she feels fragile...she wants someone to make her feel at ease but she's not ready to let Myungsoo see her this way. Not today. Not yet.

 

After a few moments, she could still hear the knock on the door. She went directly to the bathroom and let the running water bathe her face. She looked at the mirror afetr and wiped her face with a towel. There. He wouldn't suspect her crying now.

 

Suzy breathed deeply before opening the door. The moment she opened the door, she found Myungsoo's handsome profile staring right through her. His eyes searched her face. The look on his face made her feel all the emotions she's trying so hard to keep. He is just standing there looking at her with his deep, brown eyes. Suzy bit her lips and tried to suppress her feelings with a smile.

 

"Do you need anything?" she asked. For a moment, the boy just looked at her, the he raised a small white box. Suzy knew what it was. A first aid kit.

 

"Do you plan on sleeping with a bad ankle?" he asked.

 

"Ah, yeah. Mian." she said only to be rewarded with a light knock on the head.

 

"What are you sorry for? Tss. Myungchungi." he said. "I'm going inside." he said. Suzy just watched him. Her big, round eyes fixed on him as he lay the kit on the bed.

 

"What are you doing there?" Myungsoo pointed at the bed with his lips. "Sit." he said and Suzy obeyed like a little girl.

 

"Let me see your foot." he said.

 

"N-no need. It doesn't hurt that much anymore so---"

 

"Are you going to let me see your foot or not?" Myungsoo asked firmly. It was like Suzy was left with no other choice and timidly lifted her foot on the mattress. "Tsk, tsk. And you planned to keep it like this the whole night?! Are you really a masochist?" Myungsoo exclaimed as he examined the swelling ankle.

 

"Tss. ert."

 

"Mwo?!" he shouted which made the girl look down. Suzy watched as his eyebrows furrowed and his forehead twitched while he examined her foot.

 

"Ah." she winced when he lifted her foot. He hit the part that hurts the most.

 

"Sorry. Does it hurt?" he asked with this really worried look on her face that made Suzy's heart beat in a painful manner. I thought I told you not to act like this... is what she kept telling herself. But the boy's actions, his worried face, the way he came at the right moment when she needed him most. All of the things that made her think that what she feels might not be that wrong kept recurring in her mind.

 

Suzy watched him apply ointment on her foot and at how he blew air to her wound to keep it from hurting. The warm breath from him gave her the chills. It was as if Suzy could live in this moment forever. Right in this moment, with her looking at Myungsoo

 

Suzy watched him apply ointment at her foot and at how he blew air to her wound to keep in from hurting. The warm breath from him gave her the chills. It was as if Suzy could live in this moment forever. Right in this moment, with her looking at Myungsoo. Him acting as though he really cares for her. With nothing in the world to tell her what she's feeling is wrong. She could live with this.

 

The girl chuckled at the boy.

 

"What?" he asked not even bothering to look at her.His attention focused on treating Suzy's foot.

 

"You act like you really know what you're doing." she teased. Myungsoo just looked at her and chuckled in disbelief.

 

"Ya. I really DO know what I'm doing okay." he replied. Suzy just laughed and he continued doing what he's doing while shaking his head.

 

If only life could be this simple. If only Suzy's life could go back to how it used to be. If only she could be back to how she used to be...then it would be great. But fate has done so much damage to her that even she is not so sure if she could be the Suzy she once knew---or if she would really know who she is.

 

These thoughts caused her eyes to well up painful tears again. And this time, she was not strong enough to hide it from him.

 

Myungsoo stopped for a moment when he noticed Suzy's tears but he didn't look up. He just continued doing what he's been doing. Eventually, the girl's hidden sobs turned louder. Pouring all the pain she tried so hard to keep in herself all this time...letting it all go.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter