Chapter 38

Love Me Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
38;

 

In the end, Suzy ended up skipping all her classes that afternoon. Yes, it's not a good trait (don't try this at home), but still, she thought, she needed a break. She doesn't think she would be able to concentrate on anything anyways.

 

Her mind is full of things she knows she shouldn't be thinking about, but still ended up pondering about things all the same. Tons of what if's, a bunch of what could have beens that seem to be lost in the oblivion out of her reach. She thinks about the last conversation she had with her sister, and the last conversation she had with her ten years ago, and how vast the difference between the two were.

 

She thinks what could have happened if that whole kidnapping incident never happened. Suzy took a deep breath, taking in the chilly air that seem to envelope the night. She's tired; tired of thinking about what could have beens that she knows would never be. What's done is done and the things that is happening to them now are just the fruit of their actions in the present. What happened in the past is definitely out of the picture. Her family is a mess because of the mistakes each of them made, and nothing can change that now except for themselves.

 

Suzy wonders, if falling in love with Myungsoo is a part of that mistake.

 

Myungsoo with his smile, Myungsoo with his eyes. Suzy wonders if meeting him was a part of this pathetic plot called her life. She remembers all those times when Myungsoo had been there for her. Most of which are the lowest part of her life, but he was there nonetheless. Always willing to give the warmest of hugs, offer the sincerest of smiles. Words are never needed, the boy's presence offers all the assurance that Suzy needs. In that, she finds herself smiling. Funny how in this giant mess that she's been into, she finds her only refuge in that one person whom she could never have.

 

Along with the lines of her needing Myungsoo, the unwritten line which says Krystal had needed him first sticks to Suzy's face. He was hers first. She met him first and thus deserves him more.

 

"Right Suzy, you can't wish for something you can't have." she told herself as she let the wind carry her worries. 

 

"Is talking to yourself really your only hobby?" a familiar voice had called her from behind. Before she knew it, Sungyeol was already sitting beside her at the school's bench. "What are you doing here in the cold by yourself?"

 

Suzy smiled. "Thinking," returning her gaze at the blinking lights of the city in front of them. Their university does get the best sceneries, really pretty indeed.

 

"I would like to fool myself that it is me you're thinking about, but that would be an outright lie so," Sungyeol shrugged and she finds herself chuckling. "It's about that second-rate visual isn't it?" he asks, his voice gentle but uncertainty is palpable.

 

"Well, he might be part of it, but there's more I tend to think about in a lonely night like this." she answers not bothering to deny anything. Sungyeol had always been honest and transparent with her and she thinks it's only fair to be doing the same.

 

Comfortable silence gushed the two, and Suzy thinks a company would be nice.

 

"I don't believe any of those rumors, just so you know." Sungyeol said. Suzy looked at the boy. "I know my opinion won't matter that much but, I think those rumors are ridiculous. I mean, who in the right mind would believe that you are ungrateful and mean and all of those ridiculous things they keep calling you?" the boy is raising his voice, completely agitated. "One more word calling you a and I wouldn't mind spending all my afternoons in detention if that's what it would take to silence those jerks!" 

 


Suzy laughed and it stopped Sungyeol's intense sparring session with the wind. The boy looked at her as though he couldn't understand why she was laughing but ended up chuckling himself. Hey, at least Suzy's laughing right?

 

"Why are you laughing? You think I couldn't do it?" he asks, flexing his non-existent biceps eliciting more laughter from the girl. Sungyeol smiled, looking at how Suzy's eye crinkle at the corners and how carefree she laughs.

 

"See? You look better with a smile."

 

Suzy loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter