Chapter 36

Love Me Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

❝chapter thirty-six;
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   "Remember all the things we did first, I want you back."

 

Krystal went to school early the next day due to a lot of reasons. First, the showcase is fast approaching and she needs to practice more and more in order to achieve what her club expects of her. She can't blow this off. She can't fail again. SHe had enough failures to last a lifetime and this time, she wants to do it right.

 

Second, Krystal wants to get away from all the drama in her house. Ever since that night at the room, things had never been peaceful with her and Suzy. Suzy never talks to her. Even when their parents are around, she acts indifferent towards her. Hmmm. Seems like Suzy can't pull off a show similar to what Krystal had been playing all this time. She doesn't want to fool her parents that they are okay...coz they are not.

 

Yes. Krystal and Suzy are not okay. And Krystal clearly knows why.

 

Suzy finally had enough of all the things Krystal had been doing. She's tired of trying to be the little sister that she had been once. The little sister Krystal had loved and cherished. The little sister that Krystal had once risked her life to save. She figured that time had done a great change to who they are and to what they will be and fixing themselves would be not as easy as what she thought it would be.

 

"Eo? Good morning Krystal." a colleague greeted her while she's in her deep thoughts. Krystal immediately smiled and greeted her back. She doesn't want anyone to know what is really happening in her life. She is known for being the popular, perfect girl who is envied by many. She doesn't want them to think that she's living the most frustrating and tragic life that even fictional writers couldn't imagine.

 

"You're early as usual."

 

"I need to practice sunbae. The showcase is coming soon." she told her.

 

"Waah. Uri Krystal-ie chalhanda [Our Krystal is doing well]!!!" she petted her. Krystal just smiled and fixed her hair. She laid her music sheets on the piano and started warming her hands up.

 

"Oh, by the way, I read that article about youy in the school paper..." her sunbae looked at her with sympathetic eyes. "I'm sorry. I didn't even know you were experiencing such things. You were always so happy and enrgetic---I never imagined that your sister had been missing. Mianhe Krystal."

 

"You don't have to say sorry sunbae, it's not your fault..." It's mine. Krystal thought.

 

The girl stepped closer to Krystal and held her hand. "I know you'd find her Krystal...Himnae [Have strength]." she cheered her on. Krystal looked away, as expected, people in school are taking her side. She knows they will. With that in mind, Krystal had thought of a brilliant plan to ruin Suzy---

 

"S-sunbae," she called.

 

"Hmm?"

 

"The truth is---"

 

 

Suzy went to school the next day, aware of all the stares and the looks she's been getting from the students along the hallways. The girl clutched her things nearer to her chest trying to shake the odd feeling away from her. It couldn't possibly the case right? I mean, there's no reason for her to be getting these suspicious stares isn't it? Or at least that was what she thought.

 

"Look at that girl. That's her."

 

"Where?"

 

"There. The one wearing the pink top. She's her, Choi  Krystal's sister..."

 

"Omo. The one that denied that she's her---"

 

Suzy's hearing was blocked by two familiar warm hands. The person then pulled her away from the crowd without taking the hands off her ears. Suzy looked at the person's face.

 

"M-Myungsoo..."

 

"Don't listen. Don't listen to them.." he said while keeping his hands firn over her ears. She could feel his breath rising up and down. Did he run his way to her? Just...just to save her from those malicious words? What are they talking about anyway? She caught something about being Krystal's sister...about her denying about them being---

 

Wait. What?

 

"T-they know?" she asked him only to be rewarded with a slight nod.

 

She held his hand and put them off her ears. Her eyes wavered with confusion. "H-how?"

 

"Krystal told them...It just somehow spread into the whole school. I-I'm sorry." Myungsoo said. His eyes couldn't even meet her gaze.

 

"What are you sorry for?"

 

"You didn't want them to know right?" he said in a careful tone. Suzy looked at him in a way where her what she wants to say would be seen. He still thinks that I wanted this..She tried to smile and blink away the pain.

 

"It's fine. It's bound to happen right?" she told him. Myungsoo dodn't say anything in response. He just looked at her, trying to find something even he has no idea what. All he thinks of is how to prevent her from hearing all the bad stuff people have been saying about her. She doesn't deserve all those things. She's different from what they all think and it just makes him angry how people can jump to conclusions just by hearing one side of the story.

 

Wait, but isn't Krystal the one who made it possible for people to say these things about Suzy?

Krystal. His own girlfriend---the one he should be siding with right now.

 

But no. He chooses to defend Suzy. It just feels like the right thing to do.

Actually no.

Being right or wrong doesn't have anything to do with Myungsoo's decision of protecting this girl.

He would protect Suzy. Right or wrong.

 

 

 

 Suzy's POV 

 

 

All through out the day, I can hear people talking behind my back. Some doesn't even bother hiding from me. They just go on and whisper things about me right in from of my face. It's all the same. About how ungrateful I am for not even recognizing the fact that I am Krystal's sister. Being  a thick-faced b*tch for writing an article about Krystal and her family without including me in the picture. About how selfish I am for prioritizing about my identity first without even thinking about what Krystal would feel.

 

I can also see Myungsoo trying to divert my attention whenever someone whispers about me. He would purposely talk louder in order for me not to hear what they have to say. And when I'm not looking, I can see him glare at those people through my periperal vision. I can't help but feel thankful to him. Until now, he still rescues me from these kinds of things...but he needs to stop. I know. Cause if he continues, then his relationship with Krystal would be damaged...and I don't want that---at least I think I don't.

 

Lunch tim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter