Dancing up the aisle

Passion in the Right Hands

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

5 Years Later

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Minzy's POV

 

Today's the day. 2nd June. The day I get married. To Joon.

 

I still remember the day we met. He was the new guy at SDA, Seoul Dance Academy, and I was the one chosen to teach him our newest dance routine. At first I was spiteful, bitter. I refused to acknowledge his existance. But then I saw him dance.

 

It was in that single moment, a milisecond in my entire existance, One single milisecond, one during which I felt more alive than i ever had before. It was then that I knew, that what i felt for him truly was love at first sight. i couldn't even think about fighting it. My entire being was tied to him in a way that was beyond my understanding, My heart was connected to his as his was connected to mine, We knew each other before we had met, or at least that was what it felt like.

 

We became dance partners, best friends soon enough. I loved him, but kept quiet, not wanting to ruin our friendship. I was prepared to live my life as a friend to him, instead of something more, just to see that smile of his, Even if it was just for those few hours of dance practice. Little did I know that Joon was thinking the exact same thing. That we were both afraid to risk the relationship we had developed over the short time we had known each other.

 

After a year or so of keeping or feelings secret Joon overheard me talking to CL about him. About my love for him. About the possibility of our friendship being ruined. But most importantly, about my fear of him rejecting me. I remember that day like it was yesterday- after all, it was the day I finally plucked up the courage to tell him about my feelings.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Flashback

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

"Are you sure that he'll say yes?" I persisted. I was sitting on the rooftop of one of the many dance studios at the elite dance academy I attended. "I don't want to go up to him, only for him to say no. I just can't ruin our friendship like that...We're practically best friends, I don't want to blow this up!" For the past year, ever since I first was Joon dancem I have loved him. No I didn't love him...

 

I, Gong Min-Ji, was in love with Lee Joon, my best friend.

 

"Don't worry, I'm sure he'll say yes. But even if he doesn't, remember- me and the girls arer here for you!" I couldn't help but smile at those words. Even if I was sad or nervous, CL and the rest of the girls would cheer me up.

 

That day, during mine and Joon's dance practice, I finally plucked up the courage to talk to him. I experienced butterflies in my tummy for the first time. I took a deep breath, seeing him enter the dance studio.... Okay Minzy, you can do this... It's only Joon. He's just your best friend. Just. Except.. he isn't. I loved him too much for that...

 

Half an hour into the dance routine, I walked up to the stereo and pushed down on the stop button. Within the pause of silence I motivated myself to start talking.  "U-um i got- i gotta tell you something" I stuttered trying to get myself together. His cute face turned puzzled and confused. "whats up?" he questioned. My heart was pounding out of my chest. I never experienced this ever. Not for anything or ANYONE. I took a deep breath and shut  my eyes tight. I thought if i didnt look at him, it wouldn't be so bad... "I-I- I like you." Those words finallly spouted out of my mouth."Oh, i do to!" He said innocently whilst smiling."No, not like that, I mean i really really like you. I don't want to be just you're best friend, i want to be more." I said still closing my eyes. "I know, i do to..." He confessed. I immediately opened my eyes to fine my self staring at his face. It felt like it was just us two existing. We looked deeply into eachothers eyes as he pulled me in closer. His arms warmly embraced my body close to his. I could hear his heart beat through his chest. Wow minzy, you did it, And look where it got you. Looks like things might go well this year knowing my best friend, soul mate is now closer than ever. My love.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Back to the wedding

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Joon's POV

 

Wow. Todays the day I get to marry my best friend. I'm the world luckiest person right now. I looked down the red carpet to find my future wife walking up the aisle. She looked beautiful. I felt like we we're back in the dance studio, When it was just us two. No one else. It's like we're the only people in the world right now.  She looked amazing, her dress was perfect, her hair was perfect. She was perfect. Today i would make the promise to look after her, to care for her, to love her and to always be her best friend no matter what happens. In just a few words I was going to spend the rest of my life with Minzy. 

 

Minzy's POV

 

I'm so thankful to my dance teacher. I still and always will look back on the day when she told me to teach Joon the routine. If she hadn't of asked me, I wouldn't have ever talked to him.  I never would have met him. When i saw him dance I fell in love in a second. I never saw anyone so passionate. I finally found someone who had a connection with me. Despite dance, he was my new love. I'll always remember that day. The day I fell in love. And now it all payed off becuase I finally get to spend my future with him.

 

Narator's POV

 

"Do you Lee Changsun take Gong Minji to be your lawful wedded wife, in sickness and in health?" asked the priest,

"I do" promised Joon

"Do you Gong Minji take Lee Changsun to be your lawful wedded husband, in sickness and in health?" questioned the priest

"I do" said Minzy whilst grinning.

"You may now kiss the bride" announced the priest.

As those words were said, Lee Joon drew Minzy closer as their lips touched. They finally were husband and wife. It was their happiest day of their lifes that they could cherrish forever. Family and friends cheered and clapped as it fufilled the space of the chappel. Giggles and smiles were continuous throughout the day. What else did the future have in store for the newlyweds?...