Chapter 3

Tainted Wings
I looked down at my arms where Emily was cradle in. She looked so frail and defenseless in a way it pained me to see her like this. I know she has had it though, but she was always so cheerful. If she were going through a horrible time, her cheerfulness and her sweet smile could have you thinking otherwise. But now as I look at her; I can't seem to find any trace of that sweet smile.
 
All I see is a broken girl sinking in her agony and despair. A deep dark agony and despair that is slowly consuming the little hopes she had. At first I didn't get why I had been assigned to watch over her. I still don't, but... But over the time I have grown affectionate towards here. She may not know that I exist but I have taken care of her and will continue to, until I can no longer do so. 
 
I finally arrived at her house, and like usual no one was home. Carefully with one hand I maneuvered taking Emil's house key from her necklace; as I held her in my free arm and sustained her with the support of my wings. I inserted the key into the doorknob and I unlocked it. I gently closed it with a tap of my wings and I headed up stairs to Emil's room. 
 
I opened her bedroom's  door and I strode towards her bed. Carefully I laid her I her bed and I tucked her in. Once I was done tucking her in; I went to close the door before I  kneeled down next to her.
 
The  curtains were semi open, and you could see the moonlight  seep through; as it gently  illuminated Emily's porcelain like skin and her brown golden chestnut hair. Slowly my hand moved to tuck in some of the loose strand of hair back to the back of her ear. At my touch she moved herself towards my hand. Unaware of her action she reached out to my hand and took hold of it. I tried to take my hand away from her but at that instant she spoke. 
 
    "Don't go... Please" I stiffened. One of  the rules we angels had was never to let us be seen, unless told otherwise. And that usually meant we had to help them cross over to heaven.
 
"Please Mom... Dad, don't go. I beg you," she said once more. At this I was able to relax and let out the breath I wasn't aware I was holding. After that I didn't try taking my hand away from her; I just couldn't find it with in me. I stead I just found myself looking around her room. Then my eyes found a worn out note book in her night stand. With my free hand I took it and I placed it in my lap. I opens it and I began to read it, and it read, 
 
"May 19
I just can't find a way to say the things I want to say, and instead I find myself smiling at my inability.  I try to make myself change, to make myself stronger, but I just can't seem to change myself. Instead I find myself blaming other people of my misfortune. I fell like such a coward, that I even start to despise myself.
 
It even came to the point where I thought I should end my life. And like the coward I realize I was, I decided to end my misery by ending my pointless life, but as always I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I just wish that I can one day be able to escape this despair that is slowly consuming me. But for know I'll keep going, until I can't take the pain any longer. Until then I will keep confiding  you my deepest and darkest feelings"
 
I frowned at what I had read. How could she believe here life was pointless. I took a deep breath to steady my self. Once I had my emotion in check I continued to read on.
 
"May 23
 I can't take it any more. The fights are getting worse as the days passes . The the shouts and insults are slowly  killing me. I can't take it any longer, I just want to disappear. I'd just wish that there was a way to escape this torment, but it seems that there is no way out."
 
I felt my jaw and hand clench. What the hell have I been doing. Why couldn't I see the pain she was going through. I took another breath to steady myself before I continued to read, I didn't want to wake up Emily with the trembling  my anger seemed to be causing. 
 
"May 29 
This may sound unusual but... Today is the happiest day I've ever had. For once the yelling  seized, and for once we were able to get along like a normal family. But I find myself wondering if this day was real, or was it a fragment of my imagination? Or was it a cruel attempt from my mind, of a recreation of what I hoped my family life should have been all this time? Well I guess I'll find out soon."
 
I turned the next page to continue reading, and it read,
 
June 2
"It seems like things are finally starting to change, and I'm so happy. My mother and father are slowly starting to show some small affection towards me and each other. It's not a lot, but it's more  than I could ever wish for. I finally feel loved, and wanted. My days are finally starting to feel warm, and I couldn't be more happier. I just hope it stays like this, and not the way there were before."
 
I closed the note book. I feared that if I read any further, things would go the way Emily feared it would go. But I had to know what she wrote next. So I found myself reopening the notebook, to the page that read,
 
"June 15
I knew it was too good to be true. How cold they be so cruel? How can they have no remorse of what they have done to me. They just used me for their own amusement. What the hell am I to them? Am I not their only daughter?Why can't they seem to love me?
 
Why do they hate me so much? Why??? I've never asked for anything other than their love, but it seems I have been asking far too much from them. I guess it's time for me to liberate them from me. I just hope that they did come to care for me at least one bit. I guess this is good bye my dear friend."
 
This last entry had me shaking uncontrollably. No matter how hard I tried to steady myself I just couldn't. And sure enough with all that shaking my body was doing, Emily woke up. 
 
She looked at me. Starting at my face to my hand she was holding and ending at my wings. She let go of my hand, as she slowly made her way towards me. I had to get away but I couldn't. I felt stuck. I could move my body at all. I had my mind screaming at my body to move, but there I was frozen like a statue.While Emily made her way to me. Stopping in fort of my face.
 
"Who are you?" she said as her hand reaches out to caress my face. I closed my eyes at her touch. Losing myself in her sweet voice. Her hand left my face and I could start to feel cold at the lost of her touch. But I didn't experience the coldness for to long as her hand began to caress my wins. But I guess I spooked too soon, because soon I was over powers by a freighting chill when she asked me her next question. "Are you my guardian angel?" 
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was finally able to update. Sorry for the wait you guys.
 
I know it was a bit depressing and I apologies for making it that way.
 
so what do you think?
 
Random fact about Mikkie (me^^) I have a terrible fear of spiders.(; ̄ェ ̄) I just hate those creepy crawlies.
I wish I could get rid of them for good. I blame my mom for this big fear and hate for them.( ´Д`)y━・~~
any ways until next time. Take care guys.*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*