1. Sweet

The Drabble Journal

 

Sweet: (Jaevin with Implied Elvin)

"How does he feel?" Jaeseop asks late into the evening. There's no one else around- they've all gone to bed. It's just Eli and him, laying stomachs to the ground, doing their own separate things. 
 
Eli looks up from his phone. Under any other circumstance, the question would have been considered "out of line", but it was asked so innocently that it just had to be met with a proper response. Assuming that he knew who this "he" was, the rapper replies, with packets of simplicity, "Warm."
 
Jaeseop seems temporarily satisfied with the answer. He stares back at his blank page, he moves his pencil, he begins to write. Then he erases.
 
Turning back onto his side, head propped up against the palm of his hand, Jaeseop's gaze falls upon Eli once more. He narrows his eyes, and Eli can feel a thoughtful intensity bearing against the back of his head- burning holes through it as the other pondered.
 
"What does he taste like?"
 
Now that. That was out of line.
 
Eli, fully aware of this, ignores it- just not completely. His lips fall into a smug line, eyes locking directly onto Jaeseop's as if issuing a challenge. And he chooses to answer once again.
 
"Sweet."

"I'm going to get some air." Eli states after a few hours into practice. He exists promptly so that there's no one else around. It's just Kevin and Jaeseop, so the latter strikes up some small talk and Kevin complies, replying with small smiles and gentle laughs. 

 
And then, for whatever reason, he kisses him.
 
It's nice and soft, sweet as sugar, with a special something about it. But what surprises Jaeseop is that it isn't just Kevin's lips that are sweet, it's Kevin: The way he hesitates after Jaeseop pulls away, as though he's unsure of how to react- how to take the motion; the way he laughs slowly, nervously; the way he jokingly hits Jaeseop's arm, even though he can hardly feel it.
 
All of it is sweet- so sweet, so addicting.
 
So he kisses him again.