Unintentional Mishaps Make Me Feel Dumb

Your Comfort Is Irrelevant

*This will be a short chapter!*

I manned up and managed to situate myself next to Ravi. His face was the most relaxed I had ever seen it. He didn't look as intimidating as he usually did. He jaw wasn't clenched. In fact, his lips were slightly parted as he took soft breaths. His breathing filled the room as I unconsciously tried to sync my breaths with his. I studied him until I hadn't realized that I had fallen asleep on the couch adjacent to his bed. 

"Sammie! Sammie, wake up!" Hyuk said, gently shaking me. "Ravi wants to see you." 

I fluttered my eyes open and rubbed them, partially upset with the bright light shining in the room. I knew my eyes would be blood shot, They always were when I opened my eyes too fast after resting. 

I sat up and looked around. I was back in the waiting room. 

Assuming I was confused, Hyuk said, "I moved you here. The doctor needed to be in the room with Wooik hyung alone."  

"I had to help him because you were so heavy!" Himchan said, looking up from his iPad. 

I only looked at him with tired eyes, too lazy to come up with a witty comment. 

I stood up wearily and made my way back to Woosik's room, the soles of my shoes thudding against the white floor light with each step.. As I got closer and closer, I became more and more awake. More and more worried. Was he going to blame me? 

I lightly tapped on the door, half-way hoping he was asleep again. 

"Sam? Come in." His voice sounded muffled and groggy as he attempted to sit up in his bed. 

I quickly caught myself before I started to cry. I pursed my lips and made my way to the couch. 

"No, come here." He said more sternly this time. 

I looked at him with worried eyes and listened to his wishes. I inched closer to him, taking in his bandages with each step. 

"You shouldn't be crying." He said. I hadn't realized I let a tear slip past my waterline. He stretched out his good arm and wiped away the tear with his thumb. He let his hand drop to my chin and brushed over my lips with his moistened thumb. 

We were silent. I looked at him. He looked at me. Despite his battered body that lay in front of me, his eyes were soft, not phased by whatever traumatic event that had previously occurred. 

"Samantha," He said suddenly removing me from my trance. "The next time I say I'll take you home, let me." 

I was caught off guard. I mean, If I had any choice, I would've taken myself home because Hyuk was clearly more into his party. I have to remind myself to never agree to go out with Hyuk. I might just end up finding my own way to get home... 

"Why?" I blurted out. 

"What do you mean, why?" His voice seemed a little annoyed. 

He knew I hated when he used that tone with me. It felt degrading, as if I were his kid to demand around. Normally, I didn't take it to heart, but I felt as if he was completely overlooking the fact that I could do as I pleased. 

"Why do I have to let you take me home?" 

"Because I asked you to." 

Was this really happening. I wanted the conversation to end there. I was worried about Ravi, yes, but I did not want him to be put into a bad mood. He was in a vulnerable state. The last thing he needed was me being mad. 

"Why did bother hanging out with those guys?" He asked, his voice serious and agitated. 

"The same reason I bothered hanging out with you, Ravi. They're funny and nice. You were nice." 

"Were?" He was struggling to stand up now. 

"You're making a big deal out of nothing, Ravi. There is no need to be jealous." I pinched the bridge of my nose, thinking of ways to avoid a hostile situation. We were both tired, we just needed some sleep. 

"So, it's nothing now? You're telling me that the other night, was nothing? Of course, Samantha. One would be jealous after that." He bit down hard on his words.

I looked at him dazed and confused. The other night? Nothing happened the other night! Or had it? 

I reminisced on the dream (hopefully a dream) I had the other night. I remembered waking up, meeting Ravi's sleeping face. 

'Sa~ Rang~ Hae~'

"You..." was all I could mutter.

"Yeah, Samantha. I did. I told you I loved you and you kissed me. I guess that all means nothing now." 

"I-I-I" I couldn't manage to get a single word out. My jaw hung open and my eyes big. How could I forget something like that?! 

"You know what, I'd like to be alone," He said turning from me and heading back to his stark white hospital bed. "Make up your mind before you talk to me again, Samantha. You have that Daehyun guy you've only known for a few days, that who got me here, and me, Kim Woosik, your friend since you got to Korea for college." 

I stood there, still in shock. Apparently, he had confessed his love to me and Yongguk got him the hospital.

A few seconds later, Himchan came in. 

"I want to sleep. Leave." Ravi turned over in bed. 

"C'mon, Samantha. Let's go." Himchan sqeezed my arm, motioning me out of the small room. I walked out, slowly, not taking my eyes off of Ravi. 

I cursed at myself as I realized I got myself into some unwanted and unintentional drama. 

Mental facepalm.

-----------------------------------

A/N: Okay, I feel so dumb. For the longest. I thought I published Chapter 5. WRONG. It was under hidden for the longest. I checked when I began to worry that you guys stopped liking the story. OTL But that's all fixed now and I have rewarded my readers with a double update! I hope you guys liked this chapter and the previous one as well! 

Also, what do you guys think of Samantha's character? Is she realistic, annoying, chill, etc? Your opinions! 

*Comment*Upvote*Subscribe* 

Also, please remember to vote on the poles in the previous chapter! Thank you!

 

And can I just say, Wow. (T ~ T ) -------------->