The Reunion

Drabble: Separation

There you were, waiting like a lonely person. The waiter kept asking you if you would like to order anything, but you replied saying, “I’m waiting for my friend first. Sorry.” Seconds became minutes. Minutes became hours. Yet, that person had not shown up. You wondered if the call was only a prank. Your heart started to break again. But you knew him. Why would he ask you to meet him here if he was not going to show up, right? You thought of all the possible reason he could be late now.  Did he fall sick? Was his car broken? Or was he met an accident? “Please don’t let that happen.” You prayed in your heart.

 

Your hand started to sweat. Your heart beat too fast, too fast for you to even feel it. The face of him clouded your mind and you was afraid. You was afraid if what you thought was real and you would lose him. You looked up, trying not to let your tears fell down. Feeling worse, you drank a glass of water in a gulp and try to breath normally again.

 

Suddenly the restaurant light went out and shocked you. You looked around, wondering what was happening.

“Hello?! What has happened?” you asked, hoping a worker would hear you.

 

Suddenly you could see light emerging from one corner. You tried to make up the face behind the light until you heard that voice, Luhan’s voice.

“Happy birthday to you,

Areumdaun naesarang (My beautiful love),

Baby only for you,

Niga isseo haengbokhae. (Because you’re here, I’m happy)

Happy birthday to you,

Oneul cheorom yongwonhi (Just like today, forever),

Baby only for you,

Urin hamkkae halkeoya (We’re going to be together).” [Happy Birthday by BAP]

 

That was the voice that called him just now, and now he was in front of you, holding a cake. You could feel your tears went down your face, but it was no longer tears of sadness. Did you forget about your birthday? You had no idea. All that matters was he was back to you, singing a sweet birthday love song.

 

“Happy birthday, Park Heemin!” he said while throwing his sweet smile. “I’m sorry I’m late. Got caught up with crazy fans. Make a wish and blow the candle, dear.”

 

You frowned at him and made a wish. Inside your heart, you prayed that he would not leave you again. Just like what he sang just now, just like today, hope it will be forever. With that, you blew all the candles out. Luhan cheered and put the cake down.

 

The worker turned the light on again, letting both of you to look at each other more clearly. The longing feeling for one another in their heart was so overwhelmed, that he started to tear up too.

 

“I hate you,” you whispered while punched lightly at his chest. “You did not even call, message or even email me. You broke your promise.” With that you let out all your miseries that you had felt for the last 18 months. “You even forgot my birthday last year.”

 

Luhan could not stand your crying because it broke his heart too. He knew it was his fault and he totally broke his promise to you. But training time was tough. His hand phone got confiscated as soon as he arrived there and he had no way of contacting you. Also, the growing number of his crazy fans also did not help it either, making him afraid if they would hurt you if they found out about the one that he loved dearly. He grabbed your shoulder and hugged you tightly. That was the best consolation he could offer for now.

 

“I’m sorry, Heemin. I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you or leave you. But I’m here now, right?! We are together now. I still love and will always love you, Heemin. Always…” He whispered to you while caressed you hair softly. He hummed the happy birthday song that you loved for forever. “I won’t leave you again, dear. I promise, and I mean it this time.” He cupped your chin to look at him. He examined the face that he had left before and rubbed away those tears that forming. “I love you.” He mouthed those words again, making sure you saw he said it with your own eyes. Recalling the memory of your separation, he again claimed your lips once more and kissed you deeply, pouring all his love through that kiss.

 

You returned his kiss and admitted, it felt real good. You missed him too much, and hearing him saying those apologies was enough to make you forgive him. You brought your arms around his neck and tip-toed, asking for more. With that, he deepened the kiss, running his tongue across your bottom lips. Willingly, almost eagerly you parted your lips and let him taking control. His tongue delved into your mouth, and those lips were sealed again, tightly. After the long kiss, both of you broke apart, panting and gasping for air. You smiled at each other, knowing it was a heavenly kiss.