Chapter 13

Goldilocks and the Dragon

AUTHOR’S POV

At a studio in Gangnam …

Dara, coffees and bread in hand, can’t help but gape at Jiyong who suddenly transformed from an arrogant, monstrous person to an attractive, chic and professional model. She just came from a nearby convenience store to buy drinks and food for everyone as Jiyong oh so very kindly ‘asked’. But Dara knows well than to believe his ‘killer smile’ which she was only able to see for the very first time when they stepped inside the said studio.

 

ONE Hour earlier...

Instead of a recoding room with mic and sound equipment in it, a very busy studio filled with people bustling around welcomed Dara and Jiyong upon entering the establishment. Everyone who sees Jiyong greets him and smiles friendly at him while questioning and curious looks are what Dara gets though they also smile and greet her. Dara walked faster to catch up to Jiyong who is now talking to someone who seems to be the photographer and a rather good looking one at that. They shook hands and Jiyong bent down 90 degrees to him which almost gave Dara a heart attack because he looked younger than Jiyong. ‘This guy knows how to bow down and give respect? To someone younger at that?!’ she thought to herself not believing her eyes. Her eyes are still wide in shock when his eyes caught hers and looked at her motioning for her to go to him.

“What? Why?” there really wasn’t any sound or voice used to ask the question but Jiyong seemed to understand and answered back.

He was smiling at her but his expressions looked like it was saying, “Don’t ask questions and just get your little here before I fry you.”When the photographer got busy Jiyong then straightened up and looked at Dara veeeeery sweetly almost causing her diabetes. He pointed at her, to the spot beside him and then motioned a slow slashing motion on his neck with his thumb. Dara gave no response but not until Jiyong started counting from 1. Dara was immediately by his side before his second finger could even lift and was welcomed by a glare from Jiyong. She glared back.

“I thought you told me it’s a recording! This is not a recording studio!” she whispered.

“There is a recording but that comes after this. My PA called in sick so you be my PA instead.”

“And you making me a maid at home is not enough?”

“Yep.” He gaver her his wicked smile which suddenly turned innocent when the photographer turned to them.

‘He’s lost it.’ Dara said to herself which didn’t escape Jiyong’s never fading hearing ability. He elbowed her on the shoulder. She was about to fight back when the photographer greeted her and she can’t help but get mesmerized by his …. tantalizing eyes for the loss of words for it. He was tall with a pointed nose, pink lips and a cute short hair. He would surely look good on camera and not behind it. Dara can’t help but sigh while looking at his face. are still wide open when Jiyong elbowed her again. Stronger this time which almost made her trip if not for the photographer holding her.

“Gwaenchanha?” the photographer asked her. She was about to answer when a hand held her waist and pulled her away from the latter.

“Yeah she is, L-ssi. She’s just clumsy like this.” Jiyong answered which made Dara blush before pinching Jiyong’s hand and smiled sweetly at L.

“OUCH!” he said quickly taking his hand away looking at Dara with an intent to kill. Dara just brushed him off before bowing and introducing herself.

“Annyeong hasaeyo! My name is Dara. Nice to meet you!”

“Nae. Annyeong hasaeyo. I’m Kim Myungsoo but you can call me L. I am the photographer in charge of the shoot.” L’s  glance then jump from Jiyong to Dara and vice versa. “So are you guys …“ he asked them.

“Are we what?” Jiyong asked while still rubbing his hurt hand. Dara was also looking at L with an asking expression.

“Are you guys friends?”

“No. Not really.” Dara answered almost too quickly.

“Then, are you .. like .. a couple?” L whispered with a very soft voice but none of the two was able to hear it.

“Pardon me?” Jiyong asked leaning closer to hear L’s voice.

“Are you .. uhm .. you know .. together?”

“What?” It was Dara.

“ARE YOU A COUPLE?” L’s loud voice thundered through the studio which made everyone stop from moving. Silence was broken when Dara started laughing.

“Me? Him? US??” she asked continuously while still laughing. “That wouldn’t happen.” She continued laughing out loud when Jiyong’s laugh followed suit.

“No no no no no.” He said shaking his head. He stopped giggling and with a poker face he said, “She’s my maid.” That made Dara stopped laughing.

“Maid?” L asked.

“Yep. And she’s about to buy us drinks and something to eat! Right, Dara-ssi?” he looked at her again with the menacing smile which gave Dara chills all over her body. What did she do this time?

Jiyong handed her his credit card before she could even react and pushed her towards the door. “Iced Americano for me. Thanks!” Jiyong slammed the door shut and started mumbling words that goes through the likes of what’s wrong with being with me, stupid rabbit and I don’t even like her.

 

Dara’s trance was cut short when she heard her phone ringing which caught everyone in the studio’s attention so she immediately took it out and silenced it without checking whose calling. She caught Jiyong looking at her, his head shaking. Blushing, she took the bags of snacks and started giving it out one by one to cover her shame.

“Kamsahamnida, Dara-ssi.” L said after getting his snacks. “Or should I call you nuna?” Dara can’t help but smile at this guy’s charm and confidence even though he’s a lot younger than her.

“You can call me anything you like.” She answered back giggling like a child when a very familiar voice called her name.

“Where’s mine, Dara-ssi?” Jiyong started walking towards them. L smiled at Jiyong before excusing himself to look at the pictures he just took.

“Here’s yours, your highness.” Dara exaggeratedly offered the drink towards Jiyong who accepted him acting as if he really was a king which made Dara pout and glare.

“Where’s yours?” he asked when he noticed that there’s no more drinks on the bag and Dara doesn’t have one.

“I don’t have one. I don’t have any money to buy myself one because of a certain stingy person.”

“I told you to buy drinks for everyone. Even you don’t consider yourself as a person, huh.” He teased. Dara answered with a glare. Jiyong was laughing when suddenly Dara’s stomach grumbled.

“Here.” Jiyong was giving her a cinnamon roll.

“No thanks. I’m fine. I’m not hungry.” She said but then her stomach was a traitor when it grumbled again.

“Shut up and just take this.” Jiyong took Dara’s hand and put the roll inside it before taking a sip on his coffee and putting it on Dara’s other hand as well. “I don’t starve my servants.” He said before walking away and continuing with the shoot leaving Dara dumbfounded with a bread on one hand and a coffee cup where Jiyong’s lip mark are still visible on the other. This is getting more and more confusing.

 

CL’S POV

“Were you able to contact her?” It is evident in Bom-unnie’s voice that she’s getting more nervous as each time passes that Dara is not answering their call.

“You need to calm down unnie.” Minzy sat by her side on her bed. Both she and Bom got off to work due to an emergency. And by emergency I mean Sanghyun-oppa and Yoochun-oppa who will be landing in Korea any time now.

I turned to them from my cellphone. “She’s right, unnie. Calm down.” From the time that Bom called me commanding me to open the tv and watch the news my never had never been able to settle down. My heart is beating too much because of nervousness and only one thing is on my mind. WE. ARE. SO. DEAD. Since then we have been trying to contact this rabbit but to no avail. I can’t help but just ram my hair in frustration. Doesn’t this rabbit know how scary her brothers are?! They are cool oppas but they tend to go cray cray when it comes to her. I can even remember the time when this guy Chanyeol tried to get close with Dara. The guy was so cute and kind although a little younger than us and was obviously Dara’s admirer. He used to come by at their classroom all the time until Sanghyun-oppa saw him getting close to Dara. Well, I’m not really sure what happened to him but he stopped coming by and would always look away when he crosses paths with her. Same thing happened with the other guys who tried getting close or even talking to Dara which is the main reason why she only have us as her friends. Poor girl. Poor us. But really, “WHERE THE HELL IS THIS SSANTOKKI!?!?”

Bom and Minzy turned to me shock and a hint of fear on their face. “What happened to calming down?” I sighed and breathed deeply to calm my nerves when my phone rang. Knowing it was Dara I picked up the phone immediately without looking at the caller id displayed on the screen. Minzy and Bom immediately stuck on my left ear trying to hear Darabbit on the other line.

“YAA! Where the heck are you?! We have an emergency so get back here!!” I yelled immediately at her trying not to forget this unnie is older than me. The three of us were startled when a different voice came to greet us on the other line.

“Annyeong Chaerin-ah! Do you happen to know where our precious Sandara Park is?” said an oddly familiar and deep voice on the other line and I froze. Bom’s week got weak and fell down even before Minzy could catch her.

“O-o-oppa. I ah.. i-i” was the only thing I could say before the door suddenly opened ‘puking’ out the very persons we were trying to prepare for since the day I learned about Dara’s arrival.

“Jjjjjaaaaan!” Sanghyun oppa was already in front of me hugging me tightly before I even know. Next came the older brother with a sweet smile phone on his ear giving me chills throughout my body. Good thing I did not faint. And I wish I did.

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE

 

Annyeong yeorobun! J

 

I am reaaaally really sorry for being out for too long. Things happened during those times so I hardly have time to write and update. But I promise you guys that I am trying hard to update as frequent as I can. It had been hard for me to find a motivation to come back to writing adding 2ne1’s disbandment and all other issues surrounding YG family these past few times.

Anywaaaay, I am trying my hardest to revive this fanfic and I thank you guys for not forgetting this story when even I had to backread everything to be updated with my own story. LOL. Thank you for those who kept on subscribing and leaving comments. You guys make me feel very very happy and confident with my writing. Sorry for the slow phasing though, still drafting and trying to think how I can make it more interesting for you guys as a payback for the lost time. Ke ke ke ke. So just leave your comments down below and keep loving Daragon. Hengsho!

 

P/S:

            Let us all pray for TOP’s quick recovery. Love ya’ll! Kamsahamnida! J