Chapter 12

Goldilocks and the Dragon

DARA’S POV

 

My hands kept on scrolling down my cellphone screen. I was searching for Big Bang which, I learned, is a very famous boy group here in Korea and the irritating dragon gets to be their leader. I’ve also watched a lot of music videos of the band and even though I don’t want to admit it, Ji Yong is actually very good with music. And dragon is an inherent trait and name for him since his stage name is actually G-Dragon. Who would have thought that! It has been ten days after I’ve arrived in Seoul and a lot has already happened. I ran away, no money, got lost, got debts and is now a maid for a popular person slash monster. I looked out the window of the café where I am buying Jiyong’s coffee when my phone rang. Voila! Think of the devil and the devil calls you himself.

“I’ve got the coffee. What else do you need?” I answered on a very tired voice.

“Don’t you even have the manners to say hello?” he said in an annoyingly familiar tone.

“I do. I’m just not fond of using it with you.” I thanked the cashier and grabbed the coffee before walking out of the place.

“Ya!” he sighed. I stuck out my tongue as if he could see me. “Anyway, move faster. I’m gonna be late for a recording and time is money so if I get late, I’ll charge it to you.”

“Wah!” I can only sigh exasperated. “You claim to be rich but you keep on making ways to scam me. Are you sure you’re not a scammer? Or is it like you just don’t have the heart?”

“I do. I’m just not fond of using it with you.” He said mimicking Dara’s words earlier.

“Ya!” I was about to answer back when Donghae came in my line of sight so I greeted him.

“Morning, Dara-ssi!” he greeted back, his small eyed wide smile pasted on his face. “You already leaving?” he asked pointing at the coffee on my hand.

“Yeah. Just running some errands.” I smiled back. His shoulders dropped exaggeratedly and I can’t help but laugh at his cute actions. He straightened back up while laughing. He then cleared his throat before talking.

“Do you need to go back immediately or maybe….. You have some spare time to hang out with me for just a few minutes?” he asked looking at me waiting for an answer as if it is the answer for world peace. But before I can even open my mouth I heard my phone talking. Or rather I’ve forgotten I had someone on the other line who is very impatient and is now screaming.

“Chamkkanman.” I smiled at Donghae excusing myself before putting my phone back to my ears only to put it away again because Jiyong is screaming endlessly on the other line.

“YAA!” I yelled back. “Stop screaming. I’ll go deaf because of you.”

“Oh you aren’t deaf yet? Then why is my throat hurting and yet it took you sometime for you to answer, huh?”

“I just happened to meet Donghae-ssi on the way back.” I said glancing back to Donghae who still haven’t gone inside the café.

“Donghae? Again? When did you two ever become close?” he said. His tone is almost curious but I’m not really sure.

“I already told you that I’ve met him already before I even met you, right? So I’m a lot closer to him than you for your info.” I said teasing him but there was no answer from the other line. I looked at my phone to check if we got disconnected but it doesn’t seem so.

“Yobeoseyo? Jiyong-ssi?”

“Yeah. I’m here. Stop calling me Jiyong-ssi and start calling me just by my name.” I was surprised with the sudden change of topic.

“What’s wrong with you?”

“Nothing!”

“Stop shouting!”

“Fine!”

“Dara-ssi, you okay?” Donghae called my attention when he heard me shouting back. I smiled at him and said yes before Jiyong shouted again calling my name.

“Stop talking to someone else when you have someone on the phone. That’s basic values you learn in school you know. Now stop dilly dallying and start walking. I’ll really kill you if I get late for the recording! I’m hanging up!” he already did before I could even react. This guy really is the worst. If only my hand could reach him through the phone, it would’ve been hanging on his neck by now.

I calmed myself before turning to Donghae who is still waiting.

“Sorry about that.” I smiled at him apologetically before putting my phone inside my bag.

“That’s okay.” He smiled. “It seems that you don’t have time right now, huh? Who was it that you’re talking to?”

“Oh it was Kwon Jiyong.” I answered.

“I see. Are you in anyway related with each other? Like romantically or something like that?”

“OH NO! NO NO NO NO NO! That is not and would never be the case.” I shook my head violently. I don’t even see myself getting along with that difficult person. “We just have a certain arrangement. That’s all.” I heard Donghae sighed as if in relief.

“I see. I thought I have to compete with someone.” He said softly but still audible.

“Compete with who?” I asked him curious about what exactly he was trying to say.

“Oh that’s nothing. Anyway, let’s just go out some other time. Plus you still have to pay me for the groceries.” He said smiling playfully.

“Omo! That’s right! I’m sorry. I promise to pay you as soon as I can.” I raised my hand right to oath.

“Okay. That’s a deal. I would need it one of these days so I’ll just call you so we can meet and talk about it, arasseo?” he started to walk away and into the coffee shop waving at me.

“One of these days? But I haven’t have money yet.” I thought to myself. I’m starting to think of ways to pay Donghae when my phone started ringing again and the impatient monster’s name is on display. I cannot do anything but sigh.

“I told you I am on my way!”

 

AUTHOR’S POV

Jiyong is already dressed up when Dara came back to his unit. He is wearing a plain white shirt and a black ripped pants. On his arms are a couple of tattoos that Dara has never had paid any attention at before. One was a frame with a heart with arms on it, the other one is an outline of a crown with words scribbled on top of it. Dara is still looking at the tattoos when Jiyong crossed his arms taking her attention away from the latter’s arms to his face.

“What are you still standing there for?”

“What?”

“What. Are. You. Still. Standing there. For?” he said enunciating each word as if speaking with a foreigner who doesn’t know the language.

“Nothing!” Dara answered back.

“Exactly! You should not be doing nothing because we’re about to go and you’re standing there looking like a babo.”

“What do you mean ‘we’? Why do I need to go?” unconsciously Dara is taking the coffee she was holding to but before her lips could even touch the tip of the cup Jiyong swiftly took it away from her leaving her lips pouting. She glared at Jiyong before throwing the plastic bag away.

“Stingy dragon.” she mouthed to herself.

“If you want one then buy yourself one.” He said hearing Dara’s word smirking like a villain.

“You haven’t given me anything yet! I’ve been your maid for almost 10 days now and I haven’t received compensation yet. Even though your figurine is too freaking expensive, you should atleast give me some allowance.”

“Fine. I’ll give you an allowance.” Dara beamed.

“Can you give it to me one of these days?”

“Why? Do you need to buy something?” he asked.

“Not really. I just need to pay some debts.” She said. Her voice too soft to the point of being inaudible but given Jiyong’s hearing capacity it still was able to reach his ears.

“Exactly how many debts do you have, rabbit?” he said sighing.

“It’s because Donghae-ssi needs it to be paid one of these days so I just want to be prepared!” she said defensively.

“Donghae? Again?” he turned to Dara almost immediately startling her.

“Yeah.”

“How much was it?”

“I really don’t remember but we’re going to talk about it so I’ll just check the receipt once I get back to Chaerin’s placeeee.”

“Fine. Then just tell me how much it is.”

 “You could just give me the money so I could give it to him.”

“Why? So that you could meet him again? Chamna! Please try to be discreet about your moves on someone. At least try not seeing him for some time so he could miss your rabbit face. Make him miss you and stop showing yourself in front of him every freaking time.” He said clicking his tongue. Jiyong continued blabbering incomprehensive words while his hands keeps on fixing his already very neat shirt.

“What in the world are you saying?” Dara asked confused his funny actions.

“Nothing!” He shouted right at her face before walking past her.

“I already told you to STOP SHOUTING!” Dara followed him and shouted on his ears coming from the back.

“YAAAA!” he yelled.

“YAAAAA! Back at you!” she yelled back when they heard a knock on the door.

“Someone is still effin sleeping and you’re not the only people on this floor so if you don’t stop shouting at each other I’m gonna bite your freaking throats off!” an angry female voice said from the other side of the door which startled the two. They heard the door from the other room banging.

“It’s because your small mouth is too loud.” Jiyong bantered.

“You shouted at me first.” Dara answered back this time with a very soft voice. They are already walking towards the door.

“It’s because you are being annoying.”

“Me annoying? It was you who started blabbering nonstop and it was me who’s annoying? You crazy person.”

Jiyong stopped walking and turned to her.

“YA! Who are you calling crazy?!”

“I AM NOT EVEN JOKING ABOUT YOUR THROATS! I SWEAR TO GOD!” said the same voice from earlier which made Dara and Jiyong rush to the door and run for their lives. Or throats.

 

TOKYO – NARITA TERMINAL

“That could wait. I have to go to Korea for an important reason.”

“More important that merging with one of the biggest oil companies in Asia, sir?”

Yoochun continued on walking with his assistant, Kwang Soo, tailing beside him. Behind them is Sanghyun whose face is covered with sunglasses and a mask pushing his baggage along with him.

“Yes. This is my sister.” Yoochun answered poker faced.

Kwang Soo immediately understood the situation and started taking down notes and typing everything Yoochun was saying on his hand held tablet. Around them are at least 5 bodyguards who are blocking them from cameras and fans who have started to gather when they stepped into the airport. On one side, a reporter from a news station is reporting for a tv channel.

 

 

SEOUL, Korea

 

Bom was busy preparing cakes for customer’s orders when a certain news caught her attention.

“Right now Korean business tycoon based in Japan, Park Yoochun, together with top model and his brother, Park Sanghyun is at Narita International Airport. It seems that the two will be riding the former’s private jet going to Korea to address a very important issue. It has been almost 10 years since the Park siblings stepped into Korea after their parents’ death and this would be the first time after a decade. However, youngest park sibling, whose face is yet to be shown in public after the accident, seemed to not be in attendance …..”

Bom’s jaw dropped and together with the cake she was holding. The only thing she was able to say, eyes still focused on the television, is

“OH MY GOD!!!!!”

 

Making the whole bake shop look at her.