Chapter 9

Goldilocks and the Dragon

AT INCHEON AIRPORT

 

AUTHOR’S POV

Dara was holding a placard with ‘Welcome Home Bommie, Chaerin and Minzy!’ on it designed with hearts and other kinds of shapes that could fit into the small signboard. She was eagerly waiting for her friends to come out of the arrival area. She went there immediately after Jiyong left the apartment with Teddy. She took the subway to be there quick because she still doesn’t know what time the girls would be arriving so she decided to wait there unaware that Jiyong was also waiting for s on the other side of the arrival area.

JIYONG'S POV

“It’s already 2pm. We’ve been waiting for almost an hour now. Didn’t they say that their arrival time is 1:45?” I started tapping my feet impatiently looking at the gate of the place expecting my members to come out any time now.

Teddy looked at me and grinned stupidly. “Why are you so impatient? Are you missing Dara-ssi already?”

The heck? “Hyung, I already told you that it’s not what you think. She’s not even close to my type. She’s too noisy, too annoying not to mention, too… flat. ” I even motioned by hands to emphasize my point. “So, no. Not even close to possible.” I shook my head and finger at the same time.

Hyung laughed an irritable laugh.

“Fine.” he agreed dismissively. I'm ready to defend myself from his stupid ideas when I heard a familiar voice from afar. Youngbae, Seunghyun, Daesung and Seungri were walking out of the arrival gate. Bodyguards were around them as they walk casually, waving to fans who are endlessly shrieking and taking pictures behind the barriers. Then I noticed panda lower his hat and adjusted his sunglasses which is unusual since he’s the one who enjoys attention the most.

"Wait. Is that a bandage?" I asked Teddy hyung who was looking at the same direction I was.

"I think so."

I wanted to ask Seungri about his eyes as they come near when I heared him whisper. “I know, hyung. Let’s talk about it later, hyung. First, let’s go home.” and walked past me. Shocked with maknaes actions, I turned to Taeyang and the latter was just smiling stupidly as if remembering something funny.

"What?"

He then turned to the other two and my eyes followed. Dae has the same stupid smile as Youngbae but Seunghyun was walking not tearing his eyes away from his phone.

I theard Teddy talk who's walking beside him. “Is that a doll?”

Seunghyun just smirked, eyes still on his phone and continued walking not answering Teddy.

I stopped walking. “What the hell happened in Jeju?”  I'm talking to myself when I heard an oh so familiar shriek from afar making me turn my head towards the sound expecting a familiar annoying face to be there but found no one.

“Whoa! That rabbit is really bad for my mental health.” I shook my head trying to shake away my imagination.

"Jiyong-ah!" Teddy hyung called from the door. Unconsciously I looked back again and walked towards them.

 


Dara’s POV

"Achoo!" I sneezed for the third time. Am I allergic or something? I was still rubbing my nose when I caught a glimpse of a blonde hair making me look towards it.

“Kyaaaaaaaaaaa~!” I can't help but shriek when I saw three familiar faces coming out of the gate. I waved my self-made placard and saw them turn their heads towards me and had reactions just like me so we were all screaming and jumping when they reached where I was standing and we don't care even though we are now catching people's attention.

“Unnie!!” minzy held me arms length and hugged me then Bommie hugged Minzy and Chaerin gave me a tight back hug. It's a hugging party! I missed my girls.

Bommie looked at me and smiled. “I missed you, Ssantokki!”

“I missed you too, Bomtaro!” I looked at Bom’s one piece fitted mini skirt hugging her long and perfect legs and curves. "Still y as ever huh." My friend really is a goddess. “Kyaaaaa~ Wanbyokhae. Daebak!” i gave her thumbs up and she just responded with a wink as if saying “I know right?” and we both laughed.

“Did you bring our child with you?” i turned to Chaerin who adjusted her sunglasses. Like always, she’s dressed like a model with only a loose white shirt and a tiger printed pants and a messily tied blonde hair.

“I have him here. Jjan!” i took out tam tam from my sling bag and showed it to Chaerin who grabbed him and pinched it before hugging it tight. “Tamtam-ah! Manhi bogoshipeosseo!” “so you’ve seen each other at last huh.” we heard a small voice beside us and saw Hayi standing there looking at us. She was wearing a cute pink skirt and a white top with her hair braided cutely paired by her smile. “Annyeong, unnies! Welcome back!” she greeted and the three newcomers one by one first then hugged me last. “So Minzy unnie.” she turned to Minzy as they were walking away from the arrival area. “Have you found opp-”

“Ashaaaaa kung ddari syappa ba ba ba ba.” bommie cut off Hayi singing her favorite old song. I looked at her and she smiled at me weirdly then turned to Hayi who was also looking at her. Bom then pulled Hayi away from my arms. “Dongsaeng-ah. I missed you so much, you know.” she said pinching the latters cheeks.

“Unnie, you are so weird. We always talk via video call every day and night you were away, unnie.” bom pulled Hayi even closer and covered . Whst is she doing?

“Yeah. Why? Is that bad? You’re my favorite dongsaeng after all.” she then smiled at me sheepishly. My gaze was taken away from her and Hayi when Chaerin tapped me and asked. “So, whattm happened to you?” All of a sudden, all of their eyes are on me except Hayi who was shaking her head. And it’s my turn to smile the sheepish smile. “H-he he...he”

(1 hour later..)

I ended up sharing the events that had happened since I got lost to Jiyong's place and about my 'job' which made Chaerin turn into Chaecat.

"What?!" she slapped the table shaking the plates and cups we're drinking from. We were all startled that it made us jump on our seats. In my life I'm scared of only three things. My brothers, bugs and her.

"Chaerin-ah." Bom called trying to calm her and made her sit.

"What gives him the right to make you his maid? Huh?!"

"Aah. The figurine does?" Bommie answered. 

"See that's another thing I don't get. Who the hell spends a thousand dollars on a figurine? What exactly does he do for a living?" she turned to me.

"Well, i don't really know but I'm sure its not a club or anything nasty. He told me that. I promise." 

"Ugh! If only I have that money I won't allow this arrangement!" 

Bom chipped in again. "Chaerin-ah. Calm down and tone your voice down. Everybody's looking at us already." and she's right.

"Fine!" she gave up and flipped her blonde hair using her long red nails.

"So how long are you going to remain working for him?" minzy asked.

"Until i completely paid him off."

"And that is?"

wait. Yeah. Why did I not think about it? We havent't even talked about that. 

"Aigoo. Babo-ya!" i felt Bom hit me on my head. I hit her back and we started hitting each other and ended up laughing.

"I wish I'd have friends like you guys." hayi was looking at us smiling. 

"You already do!" we smiled at her and hugged her. 

"Wait. Going back." it was chaerin. "We need to clarify the terms on how long you should work to pay for that guy's stupid display. Call him." she barked at me that I had no choice but to get my phone and do what she says and dialled Jiyong's number.

"Yobosaeyo?" 

"Wae?" there was a hint of irritation on the stupid dragon's voice that automatically annoyed me. Still i tried to control myself and tried to sound cheery as possible

"Where are you?" 

"Why?"

"Nothing. It's just that we need to talk about something. Ke ke ke."

"What's with the high tone and the gIggling? You're freaking me out." and that's it.

"Ya!"

"What?!" 

"I'm asking you a simple question and you can't answer? Are you stupid?"

"Mwo?! Mworago? Are you suicidal? Where are you and I'll help you!" 

"Go ahead and try! Idiot!" 

"You stay where you are 'cause I'll find you and I'm gonna kill you. You stupid little rab-"

I didn't let him finish and hanged up. Huh! I won't waste any more body liquids by talking to him.

 

JIYONG's POV

"Rabbit! You- ya. Yobosaeyo? Ya!" she dare hang up on me huh. You really are going to die. Just you wait. 

"What's your problem, jiyong? Is that Dara-ssi?" I heard teddy hyung talked from the passenger seat.

"Dara? Dara who?" great! Here comes Panda's questions.

"No one."

"It's Jiyong's new maid." teddy answered

"Maid?!?!" Seungri and Daesung asked in chorus. I noticed Youngbae look at me and I know he's curious.

"When did that ever happen? Why? How? Wha-"

"Wait! Stop the car! Now!" we were all thrown forward when the car suddenly stopped as Seunghyun yelled

"What is wrong with you?" i think i hurt my nose.

"Hyung! My face already hurt so bad why do you have to do that?"

That remiinds me. "What exactly happened to your face?" 

"She was hit by a blonde woman." dae answered for me which garnered a piercing gaze from the black eyed panda.

"She's not a girl. That was a tiger! And i'm going to strangle her once i find her." 

"No need to find them." youngbae interrupted. "Seunghyun hyung just did." and as we follow youngbae's eyes it led us to a cafe. By the window a group of girls were sitting and laughing.

One has a blonde hair, the other red and the other three are brunettes. Before I can even look further Seungri crossed from the back seat over me opened the car door and rushed towards the cafe and Seunghyun calmy but quickly followed suit. What the hell is going on here?!

Teddy hyung spoke again. "Wait. Is that Dara-ssi?" 

"What? Where?!"