Minwoo’s Proposal

Shinhwa: The Love Stories

 

 

March 11, 2011 Friday

 

“Where are we going exactly, oppa? And why do I have to be blindfolded?!” were Sunny’s curious queries as Minwoo was driving her off to somewhere.

 

“Stop asking too many questions and just sit there and enjoy the ride.”

 

“How am I supposed to enjoy the ride when I can’t even see anything?”

 

“You’re right. Never mind, we’re almost there anyways.”

 

Pabo, Minwoo-yah!” She stuck her tongue out and couldn’t resist teasing him.

 

“Aish, such a choding!” Of course, he had to come back with a retort of his own which rewarded him with a silly giggle out of the petite blonde.

 

“Tadaaa!!!” They were now standing in front of a pale yellow two-storey house as Sunny could clearly see once Minwoo uncovered her eyes.

 

“Oppa, is this the house you were telling me about… The one you bought at the beginning of this year?”

 

“The very same… The contractor finally got the remodeling done last week. Come on, I’m excited to show you what it looks like from the inside.” The charismatic man pulled her up the front porch to the main door which he had unlocked in seconds.

 

They looked into each room one by one, starting downstairs going up.

 

The last place they checked out was the master bedroom.

 

As Minwoo slowly opened the door, Sunny could see a table for two situated right in front of the Japanese-style queen sized bed. She was then made to sit on one of the chairs as he went to light the candles and poured them some wine.

 

“I wanted you to be the first one I brought here… And I can see that I’ve made the right choice in getting this house judging by how much you’ve shown me how you like it.”

 

He cleared his throat and took a sip of his wine before he continued speaking.

 

“You’ve made me the happiest man eight months ago when you agreed to be my girlfriend. In the times that we’ve been together, you’ve suddenly become my personal sunshine, the one person who brightens my day even with a mere smile.”

 

“Oppa~” She felt teary-eyed all of a sudden, surprised at this sentimental side of Lee Minwoo.

 

“Sunny-ah, I feel like the days we spend together are just not enough… I always want more, so much more. And that is why…”

 

He took her left hand and placed something that felt rather cool to the touch in her palm.

 

It was a stainless steel house key with a golden letter “M” hanging at the end of its chain.

 

“I want you to come live in this house with me and Polly.”

 

She sprang out from her seat and crouched down to where he was, “How soon can we move in?”

 

***

 

The couple spent their first night in the house making good use of their new bedroom.

 

The next morning, Minwoo dropped Sunny off at her apartment so she can pack her clothes and some of the things she wants to take with her.

 

He came back a few hours later bringing lunch and an overly excited Polly whom he left with Eric and Gomdori last night.

 

The PR man has been staying at the hotel with the CEO since more than a week ago when the lease on his own bachelor pad ended. It was a blessing in disguise when the contractor called and informed him that they’ve finished the house earlier than scheduled.

 

After they ate, he helped Sunny carry her stuff and loaded them in the baggage compartment of his car. By the time evening came, they were already cruising on the road towards their new home.

 

They were pleasantly surprised to see a couple familiar SUVs parked right on their front lawn when they arrived.

 

His five best friends along with Solbi and Hyoyeon were waiting in the living room for them. The guys were able to get inside the locked house because Eric knows where Minwoo hid the spare key.

 

A little housewarming feast welcomed them in the dining room which Andy prepared himself.

 

*****