V

Lover Be Strong

I want to thank taemin_luva4eva at SHINee Luva Graphic for the wonderful poster !! :) I love it so much , thank you ! :)

 

TAEYEON’S POV

 

Finally! I had gotten the other job I had applied for. It was at a construction site and I had an organizing job. The schedule fit me perfectly. I could do both jobs! I cheerfully walked with some guy who taught me what to do.

“Good luck,” he said with a smile. I bowed and got to work. It was heavy, but I bit down and did what I was supposed to. At the end of the shift I was really tired. My arms felt like lead when I placed my safety helmet on its shelf. Everyone, all men, waved me goodbye as I hurried away. I didn’t have time to go home before running to my cleaning duty. My boss greeted me in the door. I got surprised. What was he doing here? I bowed.

“Boss,” I said.

“Taeyeon, I’m afraid we have a situation. Your partner has gotten sick and we’re a bit short on staff. Would it be possible for you to work extra for a few days?” My boss looked worriedly at me. “Of course I will pay you extra per hour and I will pay you almost the double for over time.” Extra?

“No problem!” I said eagerly. “I’ll get right to it.”

 

 

YOSEOB’S POV

 

I was lurking behind a corner waiting for Taeyeon to come out. Where was she? I sat down and pouted to myself. Maybe she was off duty tonight. Typical! I even tricked Gikwang to get out. I’ve become a stalker! And she’s not even here?

“Aww,” I whined. Just then I heard a door open and my head automatically snapped in the direction of the sound. My entire being lit up in a smile. Taeyeon! I sprung to my feet. And ran up to her.

“Taeyeon-ah,” I sung as I hurried towards her. She smiled at me as she struggled with a carriage filled with cleaning equipment. My arms, which were held out ready to hug her, fell to my sides. “Aren’t you finished yet?”

“No. My colleague got sick, I’m alone tonight,” she said.

“Alone? Not anymore, I’ll help you.” I smiled and held up the door for her to make it easier for her to get out. She looked shocked.

“There are thirty offices more, there is no way I’m letting you do my job!”

“It’s okay, I won’t charge you for it.”

“I didn’t think that,” she said and looked down.

“Don’t worry about that now, I’m just making sure I get my daily dose of Taeyeon.” I smiled. Brave of me to say that. I was impressed by myself. Taeyeon just blushed and led the way.

 

 

“Ugh, people are so filthy,” I said with a disgusted face. “What is this?” Taeyeon shot me a glance.

“It looks like someone didn’t enjoy their lunch,” she stated. I picked this… thing up between two fingers and tossed it in the big trash can on the carriage.

“Do they have the place like this?” I shuddered and thanked the lord for rubber gloves.

“They know someone will clean their mess up,” Taeyeon said with a small shrug. I wrinkled my nose.

“How impudent.” I emptied the rubbish bin from underneath the desk. “Just to make life easier for themselves, don’t they think of those who have to clean their dirty rooms? Was I like these people? Gikwang usually cleaned up after me when I had done something stupid, but I tried my best to make up for it, and I’m not as untidy as these office workers. I clean my own room! No, I’m a nice person I decided and put the rubbish bin back in place. Just see what I was doing for Taeyeon in this particular moment. Yup, I’m nice.

“There is only one floor left after this room,” Taeyeon enlightened me. Yay, soon I could walk her home, I cheered in my mind. I took the mop.

“I’ll do the flooring, you take some rest,” I said and disappeared into the office. Taeyeon sat down in an arm chair.

“Thank you Yoseob, that’s very sweet of you.” I almost got a heart attack. She called me sweet!

 

 

“Taeyeon-ah, let’s finish this building,” I said cheerfully and put the mop back on the carriage. I turned to Taeyeon. “Are you ready to…?” I covered my mouth with both hands, completely forgetting all the gross things my gloved hands had been touching. In front of me in the arm chair Taeyeon was sleeping. She had her feet pulled up underneath her and leaned her one side against the chair’s backrest, her head resting on her shoulder. The constant frown between her eyebrows was gone as her face was completely relaxed. She was absolutely still, apart from the slight movement coming from her breathing. This must be the most beautiful scene my eyes have ever beheld. Without noticing it myself I went closer and kneeled down beside the chair. I tilted my head to the side and leaned my cheek against the armrest. I could feel her slow breaths caress my face. I stretched out a hand and pushed her hair away from her face. I smiled at her and unconsciously brought my face closer to hers.

 

 

TAEYEON’S POV

 

I fluttered my eyes open. My sight was blurry for a start but I could soon focus my gaze on what was right in front of me.

“Yoseob… what are you doing?” I asked when I saw his face just inches away from mine.

“I was just watching you sleep,” he said with a sweet smile. I started to blush.

“You’re too close,” I breathed. He chuckled.

“I know. I’m just awkward like that,” he said and pulled away. He stood up and held his hand out. “Let’s finish the last storey.” I took his hands, completely forgetting what those hands probably had been touching, and he pulled me to my feet. Ah, too fast. It blackened before my eyes and I felt my body weaken beneath me. Low blood sugar. Yoseob noticed my dizziness and put his arm around my waist.

“Easy,” he said. I struggled a few seconds with focusing my eyes on his. He smiled. “It looks like we are dancing, feel like it?”

“Feel like what?”

“Dancing?” Yoseob pulled me closer to him and started to move slowly. He hummed a soft tune and I relaxed in his embrace. His arm fit the curves of my body and hand rested naturally in the small of my back. I placed my cheek on his shoulder and closed my eyes. I felt so at home.

“Yah, Taeyeon-ah,” Yoseob whispered softly.

“Hm?”

“Don’t fall asleep.”

“Hm.” I just wanted to stay like this for another moment, until forever.

 

 

YOSEOB’S POV

 

Her sleepy voice was so cute. I chuckled and pulled away from her, but kept supporting her with my arm around her waist. I wanted to keep it there for as long as possible. The hug I had shared with Taeyeon’s sister was nothing compared to this.* How could this affect me so much? I looked Taeyeon in the eyes with a smile.

“Rise and shine.” I could barely control my voice. What was with me? Taeyeon stifled a yawn and put one hand on the carriage.

“Off we go.” She turned away and walked away. The feeling of her slipping out if my grip was terrible. She looked back at me. “Thanks for the dance.” I smiled. Now I felt much better.

 

 

“Finally, we’re out of that filthy house,” I said and took a deep breath of the fresh night air.

“It’s not filthy anymore, thanks to us.” She looked down. “Thank you for helping me.”

“It was my pleasure, now let’s go,” I said briskly. Taeyeon gave me a questioning look. “We need to get you home, don’t we?” I grabbed her hand and we started to walk. She giggled.

“I still live in the opposite direction.”

“Oh, right. My brain stopped working for a second. I think you accidentally pushed the close button.”

“Which button?”

“It’s right in my hand, the one you’re holding.” Was I flirting? That must be the worst pick-up line in history. A brain switch? I mentally face palmed myself. “That sounded stupid, you can laugh at me if you want.”

“You’re not stupid.” She smiled. “I’m not sure I got the messaged, since you’re just really weird… but your weirdness is one of the things that make you so cute.” One of the things? Cute? I’m cute? And there’s more than one thing about me that is cute? I smiled so my cheeks were about to burst.

“You just made my day,” I said happily and started skipping beside her.

“It’s night actually,” she joked. “Well, in fact, it’s almost tomorrow,” she stated.

“Tomorrow…?” I thought hard about that. “It can never be tomorrow, it’s always today…” Or had I missed something?

“How observant of you…”

“Omo!” I took a look at the watch on my phone. “It’s almost midnight.” She rolled her eyes at me.

“No , Sherlock.” I gave her a devastated look.

“What?” she asked and looked at me with big eyes.

“We have to get you home, you have to get up for school tomorrow!”

“Uh… yeah…” She glanced at me. “Don’t you too?”

“Oh, yeah, right…” How could I tell her I didn’t go to school without telling her the reason why? Better not mention it at all. “Let’s go.”

 

 

As we walked I was frantically thinking of a plan to get to see her tomorrow as well. I couldn’t come up with a good excuse to just come by every night so I, taking the risk to sound like a creepy stalker, asked her straight out.

“Can I come by here tomorrow also? I think this would make a good tradition, don’t you?” I asked. “You, me, cleaning. Add some sleep, dancing and a bit of ice cream on that and it’s a perfect night.” I sighed dreamingly at the thought of it. Wonderful.

“I don’t know…” I stared at Taeyeon with big terrified eyes.

“Wae?” I chewed on my lower lip. She didn’t want to be with me! I felt like running away and hide in a cave, only to become like Gollum: alone and complete pilgarlic.

“I just… it would be using you. How about we meet in between my shifts? Are you free in the afternoons?” she asked smiling. I reacted to something she said, but didn’t show it.

“Free as a bird,” I beamed at her. Between her shifts? Was that supposed to mean school and work? I’ve never heard anyone call school their shift… “I’ll meet you outside the gates to your school which school do you go to?” Oh, sneaky Yoseob.

“How about we meet at the central square?” she asked and stopped as we reached her house.

“Deal,” I said holding my hand out. She shook it with a smile.

“Deal.” She let go of my hand and smiled even wider. “Goodnight Yoseob.”

“Goodnight Taeyeon-ah,” I said goofily as I waved at her. Wait she didn’t call me oppa! She had already disappeared into the building. I pouted but it soon turned into a smirk as I glanced back at the door. I’ll be stalking you tomorrow…

 

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

* Hospital Happiness - Chapter 4