Chapter Seventeen

Forbidden Love

 

Jessica’s POV

 

She said my eyes are beautiful and I was like ‘Oh. My. God.’ I tried to ignore it and looked out although my heart was singing in delight. Did she do that to melt me up since she already knew I like her? Tss! That’s silly! But I like it. Grin.

 

The ride back home was really long and the weather wasn’t actually nice. The sky was dark and about to cry any moment, and great, we had just been caught up by traffic. I turned to my right to see Taeyeon who was taking a nap. Her head was to my direction and she looked so cute. Her lips were pink and slightly apart, and she has this cute rosy cheeks which I want to caress now. I observed her for I don’t know how long and that just had me giggling, but I kept it silent as I do not want to wake her up. Then, it started to rain heavily.

 

After a while, the coaster made some weird movement before it completely stopped.

 

“What happened?” asked Sooyoung and walked over the driver seat. “Ma’am, I’m afraid that I need to drop you and your friends here. We’ve got an engine problem.” explained the driver.

 

“What??! Gosh! It’s pouring like crazy!”

 

“I’m sorry ma’am. I’ve got you umbrellas, anyway.”

 

Well, it’s clear. We need to get off the coaster and take a bus home, at this unfriendly moment. I hate rains you know?

 

After a while, Taeyeon stood up and went up to the driver. “Can’t we wait here until the engine works again?” She asked.

 

“Sorry ma’am but I don’t think so.”

 

“But we’ve paid you enough to return us home. You should’ve made sure everything is well before you offer services. This is disappointing!”

 

“I’m really sorry. We’ll give you half of what you’ve paid, anyway. Don’t worry.”

 

“You better should!”

 

I was kind of surprised to see Taeyeon in such state. I never thought that she has this kind of side as well. Sooyoung tapped on her shoulder to calm her down then she walked back to our seat. I could see anger on her face.

 

“Taeyeon-ah~ chill~” said Sunny as she put her hands on Taeyeon’s face. Then she faced me up and said, “Sica-ah, can you please calm this mad midget here?”  

 

Taeyeon poke Sunny’s head as soon as she asked and that made me giggling a little. “Yeah, sure.” I said.

 

“Okay guys! We have no other choice. We have four umbrellas here. Tiffany, you’re going to your father’s house right? So, it means everybody will take the bus going to west except for Taeyeon and Jessica since they’re from north.” explained Sooyoung. “So, all is set now. Let’s go!”

 

------

 

Taeyeon’s POV

 

The gang has already taken their bus while I and Jessica’s still waiting for ours to arrive. The rain was getting heavier and heavier each minute and it’s freakin’ cold. The bus stop was full of people complaining about the untimely inclement weather. I looked to my right to see Jessica who was rubbing both sides of her arms.

 

“Are you cold?” I asked.

“Uhm, not really.” She threw me a smile before she looked down.

“Don’t worry, the bus will be here in any sec.” I said as I placed my beanie on her head. I gave her a smile when she looked at me. “That will help.” She looked so adorable.

 

After a minute, the bus arrived and people started to push themselves in. When everyone has already boarded in, I held Jessica’s hand and boarded as well.

 

The bus was really packed and there were no seats left for us. Some were pushing others just to get a space and that’s just so annoying. Then, after a few seconds, someone bumped onto Jessica which made her almost lost her balance but thank God I caught her immediately.

 

“Are you okay?” I asked worriedly. She just nodded. Seconds had passed and the man bumped onto Jessica again.

 

There was a sudden gush of blood in my head and I closed my hand together in irritation. “Hey!” I shouted a little while throwing a deathly stare at the man. Jessica shrugged my hand to stop me from getting further but I couldn’t just let that insensitive man hurt her. “Can you move back a little? You’re hitting my friend!” I said, trying to control my anger.

 

The man seemed to understand it and moved back. Thank God he didn’t get pissed or else I’m dead. Well, he actually just has these huge muscles in his big body which could turn my petite body lifeless, you know?

 

After a few minutes, the bus halted to our place and so we alighted. It was still pouring crazily and our clothes were getting wet already since the umbrella’s a little small. “This is why I hate rain. I feel so messy.” Jessica said. I looked to her and she was pouting her lips while hugging onto her bag. Then she stopped from walking and looked at me as she tilted her head. “Do you hate rain too?”

 

“Uhm…I hate it before, but I’ve realized just now that there’s actually something…nice in it.” I told her. ‘And it is because I’m walking in the rain with you.’ I said in my head.

 

She formed an ‘O’ with and we began to walk again. I don’t really care if I get myself wet with this heavy rain and get sick, just as long as she’ll be alright and I’ll get to save her from this bad weather, it’s okay.

 

After a while, we reached her home. “Get yourself freshen up. I’m going.” Before I even turn my body away, “Don’t y-you want to go in for a while?” She said.

 

I didn’t utter for seconds as I was a little surprised, then I spoke, “No. I-It’s okay.”

 

“It’s raining so hard, it would be better and safe if…you stay here until it stops. Besides, you’re wet. You might catch a cold.” She said, and I saw concern on her face. I love it.

 

Just then, the wind blew hard which made the umbrella flipped backwards and I had to run towards Jessica. “I guess I really need to stay first.” I said and she chuckled.

 

------

 

I was sipping the coffee made by Jessica while sitting on the sofa in the living room. She was taking a shower so I wandered my eyes around her house for a while. Her place was just simple yet absolutely neat and organized. I noticed that she has a lot of dvds about how to make cakes and stuffs. She likes baking? Interesting.

 

After a few minutes, Jessica went out from her room holding a shirt and a pajama. “Here. Change your clothes first. It’s hard to be sick.” She hold out the clothes and I took them gladly. “Thanks.”

 

When I finished to change my clothes, I saw Jessica in the kitchen, and she was cooking something. “Can I give you a hand?”  I asked.

 

“No, it’s okay. I’m almost done.” She poured the soup on the bowl and placed it on the dining table. Then we seated.

 

It was a little awkward as no one was initiating a talk. We were just eating silently. I observed her a few times and she looked a bit different when she’s on her pajamas. She looked like a kid and she’s so cute. Then I tried to break the silence.

 

“Jessica, aren’t you scared of…living alone?” I asked.

 

She looked at me and smiled. “At first I was scared, but I realized there’s nothing to be scared about. I need to get used to this since I’m getting old now.”

 

I nodded and shoved in another spoon of soup. It really tastes good. And the fact the Jessica made it makes it more delicious.

 

“Does it taste good?” she asked.

 

“Best soup I’ve ever tasted!” I said and showed her an ‘okay’ sign. She tried to hide her overwhelmed emotion but I caught it.

 

After we finished to eat, we decided to stay in the living room. The rain got even heavier and thunders were scaring the hell out of us. I could sense that Jessica’s feeling scared as the power seemed to break any time now. “Do you have a flashlight just in case the power cut off?” I asked.

 

“Yeah. Wait, I’m gonna get it in my room.” She said and walked into her room. As soon as she got in, the power went off.

 

“AAAAAAAAAA!” She squealed in fright.

 

I immediately ran towards her, not minding the great darkness engulfing the entire place. “Jessica, where are you?” I asked worriedly as I heard her crying. I followed her sound and finally found her sitting on the floor beside her bed. “Taeyeon, I’m scared..” she said as soon as I found her.

 

“Don’t worry. I’m here. There’s nothing to be scared of.” I said as I pulled her for a hug.

 

-------

 

A/N: Taengoooo.. ♥