Chapter 2

It Takes a Real Man

 

 

Am I dreaming?

 

Why is this guy inside her apartment?

 

“Why are you here?” he asked me with a big smile on his face. I should be the one asking that. Is he happy to see that I’m hurting?!

 

You don’t know me, Park Chanyeol.

 

“I think it’s clear to both of us that we shouldn’t see each other anymore.” She finally spoke up.

 

Chanyeol put his arms on her shoulders, seems confused on what is happening. “You know him?”

 

“We need to talk. I have something to tell you.” I need to say everything to her. I don’t want to waste my effort for coming here.

“There’s nothing we should talk about.” Her words to me are as cold as ice.

“Hey don’t ignore me. I’m asking you.” Chanyeol interrupted, shaking her.

“Would you leave us alone in a bit?” I tried to be calm as I could.

 

“No,” he stomp his foot, “I won’t go anywhere... She needs me.” And this time they were holding hands, “Now say what you want.”

 

I’m just looking at both of them, standing like a futile statue. Since when did they become this close? She never told me she had this really close guy friend, acting like his boyfriend… and I think he really is now...

 

“Luhan…” she called my name. How I missed her sweet voice. That voice that wakes me up every morning, who cared for me and loved me for two years. My heart pounds real hard. I wanted to hug her and tell her how much I need her. I missed her so much that everyday hurts without her. I need to tell her that we—

 

“…we broke up already…”

 

 

What? Broke…up. She said ‘broke up’ not ‘break up.’ Past tense... not present. Her words were sinking just now. What is the right thing to say to her at this moment?

 

 

“Goodbye,” she slowly closes that door. "Thanks for everything."

 

I stopped the door with my arm and pulled her hand to a hug. “Please, let’s stay like this for awhile... I miss you... I really do." I hold her in my arms tighter, "I am really sorry... I apologize for everything, everything I did that hurt you. I know you suffered so much because of me. I became too possessive. I was just protecting you.”

 

“Luhan…”

 

“I know it’s too much for you,” Tears started to fall down on my cheeks. I chuckled. “I loved you that much…” I hugged even more tighter. It feels like once I let her go, I could never hold her again. "Can we forget everything and start a new?"

 

But I realized that she is…

 

I’m happy now. You don’t need to worry.” She said those words as she taps my back.

 

I pulled her away slowly. I could see her bright smile. That was the first smile I saw from her face for a very long time. She was not crying, not even begging me to stop a nonsense fight. She was happy.

 

I turned my back and felt numb. I don’t know what to feel. I started walking away, hoping I could find a better day. There are a lot of girls around there, I thought. At least I’ve realized that she’s happier… without me. She could live without me, I could live without her. I’m strong. I’m so happy for both of them. I just thought I could erase the mistakes I made and change it to better memories of us…

 

“Crybaby!”

 

That was the second time I heard that word... that deep voice calling... how weak I am… My knees started to fall down.

 

 

I looked up and saw a black umbrella, “Don’t you see the rain?!”

 

 

I cried real hard. :'(

 

 

Awooooo~ :)

this chapter is based from a story i'm currently addicted right now harhar xD

images credits to the owner