Chapter 1

It Takes a Real Man

 

Walking all alone to my dorm, I was still thinking about what happened just earlier. The guy who stole my girlfriend was actually right beside me, in front of me, and even talking to me.

 

“How did you know my name?”

 

His name was Park Chanyeol— He’s the park-guy Park Chanyeol?! I rubbed my tears away with my arms.

 

 

Breathe in… Breathe out…

 

 

“Hey,”

 

“What?” I was surprised by his sudden touch on my shoulder. I saw his school ID pinned on his luggage which reads…

 

 

Park Chanyeol

Seoul International School

3rd year High School

 

 

Now I’m certain that he really is Park Chanyeol, the one who stole my girl.

 

Hmm, he’s a junior in my school... He must be popular, like the other junior heartthrobs, Kris Wu and Yixing. But why is that I’ve never seen this guy before?

 

 

“I-I saw your ID!” I pointed his ID. I look childish again, to think that I was actually a year older than him.

 

“Ahh so that’s why…” he smiled and messed up his hair. “Sorry, I thought you’re someone I know.”

 

 

I shook my head. As I’ve said, I have never seen his face before.

 

 

 

Gwangmyeong station. Gwangmyeong  station.

 

 

 

“Gotta go,” He stood up and carried his bag behind his back, “See ya, crybaby.”

 

Crybaby. I hate him. Acting like he’s so nice and cool. Well, I could tell that he really is— wait what? No. My girlfriend left me for this guy, I know he got the looks but I will never give her up. I will fight for her because I know… it will all be worth it.

 

I hope.

 

--

 

I locked myself inside my room, laying down on my bed, thinking what to do next.

 

“Hyung,” someone is knocking on my door, “It’s me Sehun.”

 

7pm. What am I doing here? I pulled my drawer and changed my uniform. Limited edition X-men shirt and checkered shorts. This should be okay. She ignored me for two months, and I did the same. This is enough. I smiled, “I have to see her now.”

 

I opened the door and saw my bestfriend / dorm mate holding the door knob, “I’m going to see her. Wish me luck, Sehunnie.” I patted his head and walked down the stairs quickly.

 

“Goodluck hyung!”

 

 

After all the things we’ve been through, we can work this out. Soon, she would realize how important I am in her life, how much she needed me and how much… she really loves me.

 

I went to a flower shop. Daisys. These are her favorite. I bet she misses these…

 

In front of her apartment, I stand. I was really nervous. Xi Luhan, be a man. “I can do this!”

 

 

After a deep breath, I knocked the door.

 

 

This is it.

 

 

She opened the door, “W-What are you doing here?” she asked. She looked at me very carefully. I could tell by her face that she was surprised to see me.

 

“Uhm…” I started speaking, “How are you—"

“Who was that?” I heard a guy’s voice and it sounds very familiar. My heart was beating really fast and I cannot say a word.

 

The guy appeared behind her, “Oh it’s you!” She looked at him and smiled.

 

He’s not only familiar because I’ve met him before. I hid the daisy flowers behind me.

 

She looked at me again, her eyebrows are furrowed. It hurts.

 

“You knew each other?” he asked. He walked towards me and I move my feet backwards as I felt the wall, squeezing the flowers behind me.

I felt anger ranging all over me. My fists are clenching real hard. We should be fixing things between us, but this guy was here.

 

He shouldn’t be here.

 

 

“Hey crybaby!”

 

 

 

 

I hate him.