Two

Dear Doojoon, Love JSJ (Hiatus)

By the way, when the whole sentence is in italic it means that Krystal, Jessica or Henry or other people in the story are speaking in English. But when it is in normal mode, it's in Korean. :p (when you see this ' ' it means it's the thoughts of the character.)


As morning came, Krystal woke up as her alarm rang. She did a little stretching and yawned. She went to the bathroom to take a bath and did her morning rituals. Once done with all her rituals, she wore her new uniform and posed in front of the mirror. 

'Wow. I look good!' She thought and smiled. 'Krystal, fighting!'

She went out of her room and locked her room. She skipped towards the elevator and press the button 'G'.

'What would be my room number?' Krystal dug inside her bag and looked for her schedule. She took out a paper that contains her schedule. 'Section 4-A. Nice.' She looked at her schedule again. 'My room is on the 4th floor?! And no elevator?! Ugh.' She rolled her eyes and took out her phone.

Krystal dialed Jessica's number and on the third ring, Jessica answered.

'Yobeoseyo?'

"Unnie! My room is on the 4th floor!" Krystal said and pouted.

'So?'

"So, I'm gonna get tired from walking in the stairs."

'Ugh. Krystal, stop being so lazy.'

And Jessica ended the call. 'Seriously?! She hanged up to me.' Krystal looked at her phone and put it inside her bag.

The elevator bell rang and the doors opened. Krystal stepped out and went to the high school building. While walking, her stomach growled. She puts a hand over her stomach, 'Oh! I need to eat breakfast.' She look around and stared at a vending machine. 'Ugh. Vending machine food.' She approached the vending machine and took coins from her wallet.

'Hmm. Oh, there's a sandwich.' She pressed the number of the sandwich. Krystal waited for 5 minutes and her sandwich to come out from the vending machine.

'What the heck?!' Krystal started kicking the vending machine but still, no sandwich. "Yah! Where's my sandwich?!" She kicked the vending machine again and again and again. She didn't give up, 'Cmon' I'm hungry!!' she thought then pouted.

She kicked the vending machine again, "Argh!!!" She shouted as she leaned in the vending machine. "I just want to eat a sandwich. Is that too hard to ask?!"

Little did Krystal know, a guy was watching her. He smirked at the sight of Krystal getting frustrated by just a vending machine. "Interesting." He said and went away.

Krystal gave up and just went to her room without eating breakfast. She felt her phone vibrated in her bag. She fished it out and answered it.

"What?"

'Before you go to your room, go to the principal's office first.'

"And why would I do that?"

'Just go. Okay?'

"Yeah yeah, I'll go the-"

And Jessica ended the call again. Krystal got mad and slammed her phone inside her bag. 'I'll get my revenge. Soon.'

She made her way to the principal's office, she knocked and an old voice answered her. "Come in."

Krystal opened the door and she was shock to see that the principal was the lady from yesterday. "Oh. Annyeong haseyo Krystal-ah." The principal greeted her.

Krystal bowed and greeted her back. "Ah.. Ajumma.. Err.. You're the principal?" She asked as she sat down to the chair in front of the table.

The principal chuckled, "Yes Krystal, I am the principal of the HS Department." She smiled. Krystal's mouth formed an 'o' and smiled.

"So, Krystal-ah. You're in the first section." Krystal nodded. "That's good." She paused, "Well now, I'll be showing you off to your room." She stood up and so did Krystal.

As they were walking, Krystal saw the students ran from their lockers to their respective classrooms. They stopped walking and the principal looked at Krystal, "So Miss Jung, here we are." She said smiling at Krystal.

Krystal nodded and was about to enter when the principal held her shoulder, "Wait Miss Jung. I'll talk to your homeroom teacher first." She smiled and so did Krystal.

The principal knocked on the door and the homeroom teacher stepped out. It was a guy in his early-20s. "Oh, Annyeong haseyo. Can I help you ma'am?" He said.

"Ahh, Mr. Kim. This is Krystal Jung, the foreign exchange student from America." The principal said and pointed at Krystal. 'Wow. She just pointed at me.'

"Ah yes. Annyeong haseyo Krystal-ah. Can you speak Korean?" Mr. Kim asked Krystal who just nodded. "Oh, good then. I'll take it from here Mrs. Choi." He said and the principal who is Mrs. Choi, nodded and left.

"Well then Krystal, let's go inside." Mr. Kim said and went inside the classroom. Krystal following him inside.

"Okay now. Settle down all." Mr. Kim said to the noisy students who were murmuring stuff about Krystal. Krystal on the other hand was just looking at them with her poker.

The girls inside the classroom were glaring at Krystal while the boys were checking her out. "Krystal, why don't you introduce yourself to the class." She nodded.

"Good Morning, I'm Krystal Jung. I don't know how to speak Korean. Please take care of me." Krystal said coolly. 'This is it. I hope no one dares to talk to me.'

Mr. Kim was surprised that Krystal spoke in English. "Krystal-ah, you just said awhile ago that you know how to speak Korean." He whispered to Krystal, she just gave him a blank expression.

"Mr. Kim! What did she say?" A girl with the most irritating voice said. "Yeah Mr. Kim, what did she say??" And they all said the same question over and over again.

"Shhh!" Was all Mr. Kim said. "Okay now, Ms. Krystal Jung. You may sit over there next to Mr. Lau. Mr. Lau, please raise your hand." Krystal nodded and went to the chair in the far end near the window. She looked at her seatmate who was named Henry.

"Don't worry. I can understand you." Krystal was surprised and she looked at Henry. "I, too, cannot speak Korean."

"I was just joking. I can speak Korean." She said and looked at the front. Henry's expression fell. "You know how to speak, why didn't you introduced yourself in Korean?"

"Because I want too. So that no one will speak to me." Krystal said as she took her notebook from her bag. "Wow. You're lucky that you know how to speak in Korean. And you're not going to use it?" Henry said and Krystal glared at him. He immediately turned his head to the front.

As homeroom was done, Mr. Kim left the room and they all waited for the next teacher to come in. Henry called Krystal. She stared at him and mouthed 'what'.

"Wanna have lunch with me later?" Henry asked and Krystal mouthed 'no'.

"Oh cmon'. You're the only person who I can communicate in this whole school." He said. Krystal mouthed the words, 'so what'

"Please? I'll treat you lunch?" Henry begged. Krystal nodded. And he smiled. "Thank you Krystal!"

After Henry said thanks to her, she turned her attention to the black board. And suddenly a guy popped out of nowhere. "Annyeong Kleestal!"

Krystal was surprised and raised an eyebrow. "I am Yoon Doojoon." He said and gestured his hand in front of Krystal. She just stared at his hand and looked back at him. 'Wait a minute! This is the guy with the soccer ball ' She thought.

"Kleestal?" He said again and waved his hand in front of her. "Aish. What's with this girl? Yah!" Doojoon said.

"It's Krystal not Kleestal." Krystal said and glared at Doojoon. 'This guy is murdering my name.'

"Oh. Sorry." Doojoon said and took Krystal's hand, "Why you... kick kick *kicking the air* bending machine?"

Krystal looked at Doojoon, confuse written all over her face. "What?" She said in an irritating tone.

"Stupid girl." Doojoon said and sighed. He looked over at Henry and harshly tapped him in his shoulder. "Yah, you.. you translate!"

Henry was dumbfounded at Doojoon. "Bwoh?" Was all Henry said. Doojoon repeated the sentence. "Ahh. Arraso?"

"Tell her why did she kicked the vending machine earlier." Doojoon said. Henry looked at him and looked at Krystal. "I only understand vending machine."

"Ugh. Tell him it's none of his business." Krystal said and suddenly slapped her forehead. "I forgot, you don't speak Korean."

"You." Krystal said and pointed at Doojoon. He pointed himself and mouthed 'me'. Krystal nodded. "It's none of your business. Now, get out of my sight."

Doojoon gasped. He heard her speak Korean fluently. "Yah! I thought you don't speak Korean?!"

"Ugh. Whatever." Krystal said and rolled her eyes. She heard Doojoon rant and rant about her speaking in Korean fluently. 'He even called me stupid when his the one who's stupid.'

The teacher came inside there room and started the lesson. Krystal wasn't paying any attention until the teacher called her. "Ms. Jung! Read the second paragraph on page 56."

Krystal opened her book and she was surprised that it was in English. 'Time to show my English skills. Mehehe' she thought. And she started reading the paragraph. When she was done, the teacher looked at her and smiled. "You all should be like Ms. Jung! Look at her, she has a good pronunciation and diction. Well done Ms. Jung!" She clapped her hands and all the students glared at Krystal. They started whining. "That's why she can speak English fluently because she grew up in America!" One girl said and glared at Krystal.

She just smiled at them. The teacher looked at Krystal, "So what if she grew up in America? I know from the start she struggled to learn but she eventually learned the mother tongue of the Americans."

The students continued to whine about Krystal, who just ignored them. Henry tapped her shoulder and gave her a thumbs up. The teacher told the student to be quiet and she continued her lesson.

They had a quiz and they have to write it in English, of course, Krystal and Henry and some other students topped in the quiz. They whined about Henry too. Herny growing up in Canada and stuff like that.

Lunch came and as Henry promised, he treated Krystal lunch.

She was sitting and was waiting for Henry when Doojoon came to there table. "Yah, Kleestal Jung." he said but Krystal ignored him. She heard him said 'aish'.

"Yah! Kreestal Jung!" Doojoon shouted and gained the whole attention of the whole cafeteria. Students started whispering about Krystal. But she ignored them.

"What do you want, Yoon Doojoon?" She asked him still not looking at him.

"Bwoh?! What did you say?" He shouted at her. Krystal glared at him. "Yah! I'm not deaf! So no need to shout at me!" Krystal shouted back and glared at him.

They had a glaring contest. "Kreestal Jung." Doojoon said and suddenly he looked away.

Krystal smiled not because Doojoon was trying hard to call her 'Krystal' but because she won the glaring contest. "Yah. Why are you suddenly close to Henlee Lau?"

Krystal laughed at Doojoon. "Yah, it's not Henlee it's HENRY."

"Henree." Doojoon said. Krystal laughed again. "Psh. Try harder!"

"Bwoh?" Krystal shook her head. "You know, you're funny. But you're stupid."

Doojoon looked at her with an confuse expression. "Yah. Yoon Doojoon, can you disperse now?" Krystal said with her poker face.

"Wae?!" Doojoon shouted once again. "Henry's here." Krystal said and pointed at Henry.

Henry being the goody kid, bowed to Doojoon and placed the tray in the table. "Ah, Krystal? What is he doing here?" Henry pointed at Doojoon. Krystal shrugged and shooed Doojoon.

"Aish!" Was the only thing Doojoon said and left the table. Henry sat at the empty chair and gave Krystal her plate. "How did you know that I like spaghetti?" She asked him.

"Oh that? I thought you might like spaghetti so that's what I bought." Henry said and smiled. "Waah. You're my new best friend okay??" Krystal said and Henry nodded.

"Okay. I'll be your new best friend and you're my only friend since you're the only person who I can speak with." Henry said and ate his sandwich.

"Say, where are you from anyway?" Krystal asked. Henry looked at her and wiped his mouth. "I'm Chinese but I was born in Canada."

Krystal's jaw dropped and shook her head. "So that's why you don't know how to speak Korean. But do you know how to speak Chinese?"

Henry nodded and continued to eat his sandwich, "Then, what are you doing in Seoul?" Krystal asked him. Henry took a sip from his soda can and sighed. "I just wanted to experience life here in Seoul. You know, since this a little gate way to stardom. But then again, I just wanted to experience new things." He said and ate again.

Krystal's mouth formed an 'o'. They finished eating and went back to their classroom. The girls were glaring at her, "Look at her! She's flirting with Henry." One girl said and they all agreed. "Poor Henry Baby."

Class started and Krystal got bored. She looked at the teacher writing stuff on the blackboard and she decided to copy them.

When the last period end, Henry asked Krystal to come with him to the soccer field. They sat in the bleachers and looked at the soccer players warming up. Krystal's eyes saw Doojoon who was staring at her.

"I didn't know that Doojoon was a soccer player." She said. "Me neither. But I heard his the team captain." Henry said and gave her a sandwich.

Krystal bursts into laughter. "Oh my gosh! I think..I'm.. I'm going to die because.. because of laughing!" She said between her laughs. Henry looked at her weirdly. 'Krystal's weird. At first she wasn't that friendly to me then sudddenly she wants me to become her new best friend and now she's laughing even when there's nothing to laugh at.' Henry thought.

Krystal calmed down and sighed. "Wooh." And her poker face came back.

"Ahh, Krystal. Jessica Jung's your sister right? " Henry asked and Krystal nodded. "Why? You like my sister don't you?" Krystal smirked at Henry who was hiding his blush.

Krystal continued teasing him about liking Jessica. "Stop it! Yes, I like her. She kinda helped me when I was lost in the school. I thought she was still in high school." Henry said and sighed.

Krystal laughed and smacked Henry's arm. "Are you befriending me to get to my sister?" Krystal asked and Herny shook his head. "Of course not! I befriended you because you know how to speak English. You understand me, plus I can get your sister without your help you know." He said.

"Really? You know, I was about to help you, but I guess you don't need my hel-" Krystal got cut off when Henry shouted, "I WAS JUST KIDDING! OF COURSE I NEED YOUR HELP!"

Krystal nodded and smiled. They continued to talk about themselves and when it was already dark, they went to dorms to change and went together to eat dinner.

After dinner they went their separate ways. Krystal went back to her room and did her rituals before going to bed. 

She crashed into the bed and sighed, 'What an exhausting day.' And she fell asleep.

 


Updated! 

Please leave a comment. :)