12 - Use your words

Yours, mine, ours

c/to: monsterLea

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong

 

 

“Oh, Donghae. Your man-bangs are adorable.”

 

“They should be. I spent millions on hair products alone.”

 

“Oh, it shows, especially if you sway your head like that. Teehee. I wonder what you’ll look like if a goat your hair.”

 

“Ahahaha. You are so funny, Dara. Ahahahahahahaha”

 

“Having fun?”

 

 

My heart jumped when Bom appeared on my right side disrupting my inner version of a Dara-Donghae monologue. They have been dancing for 48 seconds (I counted, leave me alone) and I’m waiting for Dara to step on one of his foot.

 

“Best party ever.” I replied when I recovered.

 

“I gotta say Jiyong, you got Dara’s voice imitated very well. You sound just like her.”

 

“No. Nobody in this world sounds as annoying as she does.”

 

“I’m sure she said the exact same thing about you before.” She said in excitement.

 

I rolled my eyes as I took a swig of the bottled beer I was holding.

 

Not really feeling like learning about what she and Dara talks about behind my back I decided to change the subject. I was gonna ask for TOP-hyung when she shifted her weight to another side and that’s when I notice her shoes. Or lack thereof.

 

“What happened to your shoes?” I asked and I saw a glint of smile on her face.

 

“I accidentally dropped it on the ground floor and told TOP to get it.” she said.

 

“Accidentally?”

 

“Okay, it was on purpose.” She said after a two seconds.

 

“You are mean.”

 

“Who do you think is meaner, me or Dara?”

 

Duh!

“You are mean. Dara is just pure evil.” I said recalling something that Dara made me do. “At least whatever you’re asking TOP-hyung is possible to do. Dara made me swim Han River in the middle of fall. The water is almost frozen.”

 

 

Bom chuckled. “Yeah. She told me about that. You brought it upon yourself. Why would you throw her scarf in the river?”

 

“She looks good in it. Pissed me off.” I answered and glared back at the dance floor where Dara is dancing with an unknown person. Guess Donghae didn’t last.

 

 

 

“You, Kwon Jiyong,” Bom said after a while. “…is one sad soul.”

 

I turned my head into her and saw her face looking at me full of incredulity.

 

“What?”

 

“Are you even hearing the words coming out of your mouth?”

 

“What?” I repeated, completely lost.

 

She tsk-ed while shaking her head, “Man, you and Dara are so unbelievably different yet very scary-alike.”

 

We what?

 

Before I could ask her what in the world she meant, the emcee for the night spoke on the microphone telling everyone to settle in our seats. It’s time for the highlight of the event. The Bidding of the Stars.

 

Wait. I thought…

 

“Hey hyung, aren’t you supposed to be up there?” Thank you Seungri, for stating the obvious.

 

“Make sure a pretty bidder wins for me. I’m gonna go look for Dara” I said as I walked away.

 

I raced towards the dance floor where I last saw her but she disappeared together with everyone who took their respective seats. I glanced at our table and saw that she wasn’t there so I looked back and forth, left and right to check where she could be.

 

Damn. I thought at least she would come looking for me to prep me up before going on stage instead I’m the one going bat-sh!t crazy trying to look for her. And why hasn’t anyone approached me yet, for that matter?

 

I was gonna go backstage to check if she’s there waiting for me with a sermon but as I was on my way, the curtains pulled up revealing the ‘stars’. One of them was Dara.

 

 

 

What the effing hell?!

 

The crowd went wild as supporters cheer for their company’s representatives. As luck would have it, Dara is the only girl representative on stage. One was Nickhun Hor-whats-his-name from JYP and oh, would you look at that its Lee-fcking-Donghae representing SM and by the way he’s staring at Dara, who’s placed in between him and Nickhun, he looks like he might as well bid for her.

 

 

Will he? Sh!t. What’s happening?

 

I went to see YG-hyung who is sitting near the stage with his wife.

 

“Hyung, what’s happening? Why is Dara up there?” I asked him immediately when I reached him, whispering in gritted teeth. “I thought I’m representing YG.”

 

“I change my mind.”

 

 

 

“T-that’s it. That’s your reason why I’m not up there. A-are you sure?”

 

 “Yeah.”

 

 I am actually appalled by his complete lack of words. He’s usually the chatty type especially if he’s scolding us. Now, I asked one simple question and all he can tell me is he changed his mind.

 

“Dara isn’t…I mean…you know…It doesn’t make sense.” I already feel the red that is spreading in my face as I panic. I composed myself by standing straight while doing some breathing exercise and I unintentionally looked up the stage.

 

Dara looked stiff and flushed. I think she might have drunk a little before going on stage. Or maybe she’s just nervous. I really want to laugh at her and tell her that’s what she gets when she wanders off without me but a more pressing matter needs my immediate attention.

 

If Dara is standing there looking like a hot mess, someone is certainly going to bid for her. And a particular someone is ought to win her and that particular someone is going in a date with her. Not a fcking chance.

 

I didn’t mean anything by that. I mean, Dara can date anyone she wants, anyone that I or the entire YG family approves of (including the cleaning ladies). But on this matter where she recently just set her boyfriend aside to be with me tonight (more accurately, to be with TOP-hyung but she arrived with me so who cares about him) I can’t let anybody have the idea that anyone can just take her home.

 

She didn’t ditch her date earlier just so she can go on another one. Dara may be a lot of things but she is not a .

 

“Hyung,” I said, much calmer now. “Dara isn’t even an artist. Shouldn’t she be disqualified? I mean the whole purpose of the bidding is for people to date an artist, a ‘star’. That’s why it’s called ‘bidding of the stars’. Are you following me?”

 

It’s that moment that the emcee chose to move in to interview Dara.

 

“I think everyone would agree with me when I say that our star of the evening is this lady beside me,” The emcee started as she put his hands at Dara’s back. “I saw you danced with at least 20 guys tonight.” Great, might as well change her name to star.

 

Dara, who seemed to got over her nervousness, smiled at the emcee. I know that smile; it’s the one she gives the reporters whenever they asked her about any of my scandals. It reads: Jiyong, I’m gonna hurt you for making me lie. It’s one of her many fake smiles but it’s also very effective. Everyone buys it.

 

“21 guys actually, I counted.” She told the emcee through the stand-in microphone in front of her. Her remark made the entire place burst into laughter. Smartass.

 

“Some of you might recognize her,” the emcee told the crowd when the cheers died down. “You see, Dara here is actually Kwon Jiyong’s manager.”

 

And the spotlight was suddenly focused on me. I smiled, reflexively. But inside, I don’t know what I’m feeling or supposed to feel but it’s not good.

 

“I say, you’re too pretty to be just on the sidelines. Are you considering modeling, perhaps?” The emcee pressed.

 

“Oh yeah, definitely.” Dara replied. Say whut?! Since when?! “I practice every day. If you checked Jiyong’s paparazzi shots, I’m there, photo-bombing my way to the top.”

 

Another round of laughter from the crowd ensued after her statement. Geez, the crowd loves her. What to do now? It’s too late to stop the bidding. Maybe I’ll just punch anyone that dares to call her a .

 

 

Nickhun is the one to be bidded first so when Dara and Donghae started going down the stage on their way to the backstage, I went there as well. If only YG-hyung didn’t stop me.

 

“Where are you going?” he asked.

 

“I need to talk to Dara.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Am I sure if I want to talk to Dara? Please ask me questions that make actual sense, hyung.”

 

He rolled his eyes before answering, “Dara is as surprise as you are about this turn of events and you know her, she gets short-tempered when she doesn’t know what’s happening. Do you really want to talk to an angry-Dara right now?”

 

The realization dawned on me as each of his words sunk in. “R-right. Right. I-I’ll just sit here then.” I said, taking the seat next to YG-hyung. People call me a dragon because of my temper. Those same people call Dara a monster because of her temper. She’s the kind of monster that bites your head off, emotionally and spiritually.

 

Lee Donghae passed by us and YG-hyung called him. “How is Dara backstage?” He asked.

 

“I’m not sure. She looks a little angry even before we started. I offered her a glass of wine and she took the whole bottle drinking it till its half empty. Then she said she’s fine. But I doubt she is. Maybe you should talk to her.” God, this guy got a lot to say.

 

“Nope. Better leave her alone.” I told him.

 

He left and went to the charity organization that headed this event. I can’t help but eavesdrop to their conversation.

 

Donghae began, “What will happen to me and my date if I bid on another person?”

Sh!t. Is he going to do what I think he’s going to do? I started standing up to tell him that he’s going down if he dares to bid on Dara when YG stopped me for the second time tonight.

 

Good thing I overheard them saying that what Donghae wants is impossible. I saw him walked away looking a little sad. Tsk. He already danced with her now he wants to date her. Selfish bastard.

 

 

 

Minutes later, Youngbae came to sit beside us. “If I bid on Dara…” I didn’t even let him finish what he was saying before I cut him off.

 

 

“Don’t even go there.” I said and he chuckled. He thinks he’s funny.

 

“What’s wrong?” he said, still chuckling. “Would you rather have Dara date someone we don’t entirely know than anyone of us? Seriously everyone is pitching in for her; Psy-hyung even offered his vacation house in Jeju if worse comes to worst.”

 

“Doesn’t mean you should bid on her.” I said. I knew YG fam just worried over which guy won over Dara. I do too, wouldn’t want my manager end up with some psycho and besides she got a boyfriend. She’s not a .

 

“Are you planning on bidding for her?” YG-hyung intruded talking to me.

 

“No.” I said but my eyes are darting everywhere and my feelings are conflicted.

 

“Do you want Jung Jungmin to bid for Dara?”

 

“What?” I snapped.

 

“I overheard him saying that he wants Dara. With his status he might win this hands down.”

 

“Hell no.”

 

When Dara turned up to the stage one more time, the men on the crowd cheered like hound dogs. What the fck! Does they think Dara’s gonna strip for them? Idiots.

 

The more prominent supporting cheers come from the crowd all the way back where YG family camped out (including Bom). Looks to me like we’ll be spending quite a lot of money tonight.

 

Dara stood more relaxed in the middle of the stage this time. I think the wine helped.

 

Suddenly, hilarious guy-Youngbae started the bid for her at $1250.00

 

He gave me a mocking eye-smile as I glared at him.

 

“1500.” Who said that?!

 

“2000.”

 

“2,500.”

 

“3000.”

 

 

What the actual fck! Screams of men bidding for Dara were all over the place I can’t even keep track of whose shouting.

 

“$50,000” The place was quieted down and all heads we’re turned to Jung Jungmin who yelled the price. Bastard.

 

 

“Looks like it’s his win.” Youngbae whispered to me.

 

 

“$60,000” A cool, suave voice called out.

 

It was me. All others cease to exist as I picture out Jungmin making his moves on Dara. With that, I’ve thrown my inhibitions and sanity in the cold air and called out a price. This is me being nice.

 

“$70,000” Jungmin countered.

 

“$100,000” I raised up the stakes. Counter that, .

 

“Oh come on, Jiyong,” Jungmin yelled for everyone to hear. “You get to have that every day. Be nice and share her to others tonight.”

 

 

I saw red. What happened next became so fast.

 

I crossed the 5-foot distance between my table and Jungmin’s in two seconds flat, making him stand on his feet. I also saw from the corner of my eye how Dara fled down the stage (on her 4-inchees heels) and on to my front, hindering me from breaking Jungmin’s face, at the same second.

 

 

“Words, Jiyong. Use your words.” Dara told me in gritted teeth while clenching both my fists in her little hands.

 

 

“I’m going to neuter you, motherfcker!” I declared staring directly at Jungmin’s relaxed pose.

 

God! I want to punch him so bad for insulting her. But Dara said to use my words so there she goes. I’m sure she knew that I don’t give empty threats though.

 

“He’s drunk. Security’s going to take care of him.” Dara said, now running his hands in my arms to calm me down.

 

“Damn girl, your looks even greater up close.”

 

I tried to wriggle free from Dara but Youngbae as well as the others from YG had already come to prevent me from pounding one on this whose taking his sweet time staring at Dara’s behind.

 

 

“Jungmin, I get that you’re a little drunk so why don’t you sit down a while and sober up a little.” Se7en tried to reason out.

 

“I’m not drunk at all; Jiyong is just selfish and doesn’t know how to share.” He said, slurring his words. I saw the security coming up from behind him. The CEOs are personally talking to some of the reporters they can gather, probably talking them out into printing what an Jung Jungmin is.

 

“Come on babe, let’s get out of here.” Jungmin continued reaching out to Dara. I instinctively held Dara in her waist, pressing her whole body against me as she hugged one of her arm on me while her free hand is stopping my fist from giving Jungmin a right-hook.

 

 

“Oh I get it. It’s Jiyong right.”  spoke again. “Is it because his more popular. Chicks like you always dig that. No matter how talentless a sap maybe as long as his popular and filthy rich, you always go for them. How many number ones had he got? I also seem to forget how many of those were plagiarized? If you would kindly remind me, I would really appreciate it.”

 

 

I’m sure as fcked that Jungmin had more to say but I suddenly felt Dara’s one-arm hug on me loosened and next thing I knew Jungmin is on the floor, nursing his bleeding nose.

 

 

 

 

Dara just jabbed him.

Bad.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n:

Okay, my lovies..

I'm updating this before i go on a complete coma.

I can feel it coming, the sickness that comes after a busy week.

I've been busy with everything else but i can't leave you w/o updating 

so i psyched myself into writing this before i get completely sick.

i'll update again as soon as i can

peace out y'all

xoxo

 

P.S.

heal me with your magical comments, i'll be checking if i can get up..