Beginning of Chaos

Secrets of the Heart

Chapter 1

Its been one of the coldest and bitter winters that the city and its people had experience in over the last decade. Many bundled up with layers upon layers of clothes as they rushed through the snow filled streets.  However, many made the extra effort in remaining inside when possible in order to escape the chill of the winter freeze. Most took the busses though they were trembling as they waited in the bus and those with the luxury of money took the taxies.  Minho could hear the sirens and honks of the city from his work place, even if they were technically located in the outskirts of it.

He was always amazed about the city sky line and how the metal, brick and glass buildings manage to protrude with such a height out of the ground and into the sky. Minho, a young and good-looking male, was  on his break as he sipped a large cup of coffee. Though the taste was unpleasant at first, he grew accustomed to it by adding spoonfuls of sugar to his cup. He was grateful for the heat the mug gave him as he stared out the dirty window glass on the second floor of his work pace. He breathed in the aroma of the instant coffee, grateful for the heat that filled his body with every sip.

He was already trembling in his shoes even if he was inside and he cursed his boss slightly for being stingy for not having bought a heater during the warmer days of the year. He furrowed his brows and pursed his lips as he snuggled further into his large brown coat. His face was adorned with black smudges of oil and some dirt, but it didn't bother him as much as it did the first few months he worked at the auto shop. The tall male had grown accustom to it quickly, fortunately, and was soon requested constantly for work due to his will of finding ways to fix things as quickly as possible.

He puffed his cheeks for a second, his eyes closing as he recalled his first day in the city. It was really a cultural shock from the farms he was born and raised in, but he grew accustomed to it within the first few months. The constant blaring of sirens and screams from neighbors was unpleasant, but it now seemed to rock him to sleep after three years of hearing them. 

"Not gonna' fall asleep are ya?" he suddenly heard behind him.

Minho turned to see Joon, his coworker grinning at him as he leaned against the door frame. 

"No," he replied with a small smile.

"You sure?" he teased with a chuckle as Joon moved forward into the room, getting himself his own cup of coffee.

"Yeah, I'm sure," Minho replied, "So, any business yet?"

"Hm nope, it is winter after all. Most people are just trying to keep warm," Joon retorted with a laugh.

Minho simply grinned against the rim of his mug, amused and having nothing else to say. Those words were nothing but truth and he knew it, but he always found it amusing. He was used to it, the cold seeing as he had to work out in the fields or with the animals during the winter months and he didn't have choice to go inside before his work was finished. He had to endure it until his work was done and he was shaking his head at how little the city people could withstand it. He took another sip, his eyes closing shut as he felt the warmth spread throughout his entire body; he was just relaxing now.

The peace was soon broken when shots were heard over the hills, causing both males to stare out the window besides them. They could hear barks and yelling before more shots were fired. Both men quickly moved far away from the window, glancing at each other as they wondered what was going on. They heard a commotion downstairs and before long, another man came through the door after having run up the stairs. He shut the door and locked it, glancing at Minho and Joon whom were trying to calm their racing hearts.

"What's going on?" Minho asked.

"Who knows, probably another animal attack," Seungho, their boss explained as he quickly closed the blinds, throwing the room into darkness.

Joon quickly the single lamp in the room, which lit up the room with an orange yellow glow. Minho frowned, if Seungho was correct with his assumption, this would have been the fourth attack in three weeks. Silence filled the room again for a second, before more screams, yells, howls, barks and shots were heard, right outside their building. Fear struck the young male, wondering what on earth was going on. What animal could live so close to the city and attack people when there was suppose to be nothing but deer, birds and bugs out in the small woods that was a half mile away. 

But just as suddenly as the noise began, it all ended leaving them in mere silence. They heard the distant sirens from the city and honks, but no longer heard any shots or any other noise. None of the three were willing to move first and simply stood in silence for a while longer, before Seungho sighed.

"I think, its fairly safe now... but I guess its time to head home," he relented.

Joon and Minho nodded, having no work for the day and simply standing or sitting down in wait seemed useless. Joon quickly bid his farewell and walked to the door, exiting with eagerness. Seungho rolled his eyes and followed suit, asking Minho to take care. Minho simply waved and smiled as he placed the mug down in the sink after spilling the little extra coffee down the drain. He sighed and shut off the light, grabbing the keys and locking the second floor before he headed down and closed the rest of the shop. He was grateful that Seungho had trusted him enough to close the business down, but sometimes he wished he didn't have to.

He rubbed his hands together right after locking the main entrance and shoved his hands deep into his coat's pockets. He hid his nose and lips behind his plaid and worn out scarf that was tightly wrapped around his neck. He set off and walked through the inches of snow in which his boots sunk into with every step. He struggled a bit, but he continued to walk through the white blanket heading to his small cabin home. He could not afford living in the city and had found a small cabin that had been abandoned. Thankfully, he was able to repair the broken wooden walls and add some windows and fix the door. He had created a makeshift fireplace to keep himself and the single room cabin warm during the cold winter and he wanted nothing more that to snuggle besides his bed with the warm fire and his blanket.

He yelped when a sudden frigid wind caught him off guard, causing him to tremble violently. Minho cringed at the bitter sting of the wind against his exposed skin, he just wanted to be home. He pushed himself onwards and continued to trudge through the hills of snow when something caught his eye. Small droplets of red seemed to trail off behind a bush not too far from him and he bit his lower lip as his body shook. It seemed fresh and he was debating whether or not to help whoever it was. He groaned and quickly turned his body, dragging his feet that were beginning to feel like they were chained to some boulders of sorts. He cringed a few times before he managed to get to the bush and with a few more pulls, he turned around and gasped at what he saw.

There within the blanket of cold, white glittering snow was a form of equal color, its fur dancing with the wind. Minho was assured that it wasn't a dog, it was too large and he hadn't seen one look so frail, long and with red gushing out. He shook his head and quickly launched himself to the animal, shoving his hands into the snow and underneath the white fur canine and pushing himself to stand once more. His fingertips were instantly growing numb with the frigid winds and cold snow. Minho tried his best to ignore the sensation as his hands shook, once again pushing his body to continue his way back to the cabin. He was worried about the wound, the gash that was clearly still bleeding as the animal struggled to breathe.

Minho was at a loss for words as he tried to continue moving and within a few more desperate pushes, he managed to reach his cabin. He quickly pushed the door, shutting it close by kicking it with his foot. He placed the white covered animal on his bed before he immediately began to get logs and pieces of wood to start a quick fire. He reached for his hand held lighter, after having doused the wood with the necessary oils and once the flames started, he quickly moved to get rid of his coat and scarf. He rushed to the cabinets, searching for a few supplies before dragging his sole wooden chair to his bed and beginning to inspect the wounded creature with the supplies on a side table besides him. 

He didn't have much time to think as he quickly went to disinfect the wound. He didn't think about the what ifs as he doused a towel and cleaned up the blood as best as he could. He continued to keep it press, hoping the bleeding would stop soon and within a few minutes it did. Grabbing some yarn and needle as he pulled the skins together, Minho began to stitch up the wound together, though he knew it wasn't as good as having a doctor or in this case a vet doing the job, it would have to do. He worked on the animal four about an hour, his hands covered in dried blood once he finished the stitching.

He sighed and pulled back, grabbing a wet towel and cleaning up his face. He stood up, taking the time now to stare at the wondrous yet strange creature now on his bed. It was similar to a dog, but he knew it wasn't one. The tall male wondered what exactly he had dragged into his home, but he knew he just couldn't drop him off outside now that he had helped with the injury. He was grateful though that he had some basic knowledge thanks to his farming days; his family could not have afford doctors so any injury they would have to be able to fix themselves unless it was a dire emergency.

Minho sighed and moved to clean his hands of the dried blood stains and he felt as he had scrubbed his entire layer of skin off by the end of it. He moved to the fireplace, sitting on the chair as he tried to warm up. His eyes kept watch on the white animal still, curiosity and wariness building up within him. He was hoping he didn't make a mistake and brought something that could possibly kill him when he in fact was trying to help. He froze suddenly; perhaps this was the creature that had been attacking the people of the city...? 

"Damn it, I pray I wake up in the morning," he mumbled to himself as he felt the drowsiness kick in at once and soon, he slipped into unconsciousness and fell asleep against the chair, head thrown back as the flames continued to dance and light up the room.

 

                                                                                                                                                                               
 

chapter one has been posted and please I ask for comments. 
i want to hear your thoughts and opinions, but lets face it, who doesn't love hearing about their story?
was chapter one too much or too little?
thanks for all of your great support!