Morning Greetings

Secrets of the Heart

Chapter 2

Morning Greetings

The fire grew dim over the few hours of It being unattended by anyone; the warmth it brought slowly dwindling but still apparent to anyone who was in close proximity. The room, except for what moderate light the dying flames could cover, was blanketed in darkness leaving only shadows to be distinguished of any items within the area. The temperature had fallen and the young man –who was now sleeping on the ground, body curled beneath a thick blanket—trembled as his body tried to keep itself warm to survive.

His lips shook as his breath was slightly seen as it was pushed into the cool air and it wasn’t long before the young male awoke due to the discomfort. His eyes slowly fluttered and immediately shut them close when he was slightly blinded by the dim light. He sighed and to his back, a small yawn leaving his lips before his body shook violently for a split second.

He grunted, pulling the blanket closer to his body and the wooden floor boards creaked under his weight. His back was strained, he realized as he arched it off the floor before sitting up. He reached back to grab his left shoulder, rubbing his eyes to discard his sleep. Another yawn seeped out between his lips and just as his mouth closed, he heard a few wooden boards creak from behind him. His body froze in place as the creaks continued, followed by a deep growl that shook him in his core.

Slowly, he turned his body though the growls continued in a steady pace to tantalize him; he was tempted to get up and run, but he knew it would be his death sentence if he even tried. He managed to turn his head to face his shoulder when there was a deeper even louder grown that he figured was a warning to stop his movement. He dared to turn his eyes still and his mouth slowly fell open about a third of an inch as he caught sight of white.

The fur bristled as the wolf got closer to the ground, baring his teeth as his back legs stayed up, his tail also up and bristled. Its ears were back against his head, growling as its nails dug into the wood beneath its paws. Minho wanted to whimper, but he held his mouth shut as he debated on what to do next without causing the wolf to attack him.

Swallowing his own saliva that had begun to pull in his mouth, body still trembling ever so often; Minho began to raise his hands away from his body slowly, faltering when the growling intensified. He pushed the thoughts away forcing his body to keep moving slowly. There was a chance he would get attacked, but there was an even bigger chance if he did something quickly or sat there stiff. Once his hands were near his head, he stopped and remained as still as he possibly could

Minho wanted the wolf to calm down rather than to get further riled up. He shut his eyes and slowly turned his head away to face the opposite wall. He focused on his breathing, slowing it down as best as he could though there were instances he just wanted to scream out. The growls slowly dwindled, but the threat was still there as he heard the wolf approach even closer. He could feel warm breath against his neck within seconds and he nearly let out a small squeal.

“I-I’m not trying to harm you,” he voiced, slowly though it only earned him another growl that he felt against his skin.

If he were honest he was scared, scared beyond reason at that moment because there was a huge possibility that he could die. One bite to his neck and that would be all over for him. He was tempted again to just get up and run, but managed to keep his head on long enough to know that wasn’t the best of ideas or plans, not if he wanted to survive this encounter. Abruptly he felt a sudden nudge against his back and it nearly sent him to the floor. He caught his body with his hands against the wood though he didn't dare to move.

Again there was a nudge, one with a bit more force, and Minho found himself sprawled against the floor with another wamn mass above him. He heard the growling again and with a quickly glance to the side, he saw the front legs of the wolf on either side of his head. His heart skipped a beat as he realized in what position he was in and he let out a small noise when he felt weight on his back. He bit his lower lip when he felt the sharp canines around his neck as well. He wasn't sure what was going on but a second later he felt the white wolf use more pressure against his skin.

He bared his neck, hoping it would keep the others teeth from scraping his skin. He was careful to breathe too. It seemed the wolf accepted the lack of movement from the human before pressing and growling once more, then moving back to sit and stare down at Minho. Minho opened his eyes when he felt the weight move off him and he turned his body to look directly at the wolf, body open for an attack. However, the white wolf never moved; simply it stared down at the human with its silver eyes.

The silence was deafining, at least to Minho and the never ending stare of the white animal before him kept him pinned to the ground. The tension was thick and it felt so heavy, the young male wasn't sure if he'd ever be able to stand on his own feet. He shut his eyes, head falling back as his body collapsed onto the ground. He was breathing shallow breaths, unsure if he'd die that moment or not. However, he didn't have much time to process his thoughts before the silence was interupted by another growl.

He grew still again, eyes still tightly shut. There was another silence and after a moment, Minho found the courage to look again. He pushed himself to sit and he glanced around; the wolf wa gone. He sighed, holding his head in one hand for a second as he wondered if he had been dreaming. Shaking his head he stood, still anxious and neck damp with sweat. That's when he heard the wood boards creeking around him again. Within a split second, he heard a growl and spun to face the lunging body of white. 

Minho instinctively raised his hands to block his face as he fell back, his face cringing as he felt his back hit the ground with a loud thud. He hissed, feeling something warm running down his arm along with a stinging sensation coming from his hand. He dared to open his eyes and in doing so, saw just as droplets of red fell from his hands, the wolf's canines and onto his cheek. He stopped breathing for a long single moment, heart pouding against his chest.

Neither moved as once again they stared each other down. Minho could feel the canines against bone and he let out a small whimper unable to keep it within himself any longer. However, he reached up earning a growl from the wolf and Minho only smiled in pain.

"I-its okay... I, I won't...hurt you," he whispered trying to control his tears that were building up in his eyes.

It hurt, hurt so much he was surprised he hadn't yelled out in pain initially or passed out. His body shook once more though he forced his arm to go up again. His heart racing, tears slowly faling down his chees as he brushed his hand over the wolve's injured leg. He took a look and shut his eyes a moment later. The wolf was bleeding again, just like he was at the moment and he knew, the wolf was simply scared.

"Let, me help...you," he said, looking up to stare directly at the wolf.

He could see himself within those eyes and the gaze seemed to intesify with every passing second. Slowly, he felt the tension on his hand ease and slowly he felt the canines unhook themselves from his tissue and muscle. His hand fell limp onto his chest and didn't have the courage to look down at it quite yet. The wolf moved back, teeth and fur around its lower jaw stained with some blood and it was only then that Minho noticed its limp. 

Pushing himself to sit and onto his feet with his only usable hand at the moment. He winced again as he pressed his bleeding, injured hand against his chest. He shut his eyes as he reached for some of the bandages he had left out on the table and went to clean his hand at the sink. He grunted and hissed at the stinging sensation before he began tow wrap his hand though it surprised him too see, the wound wasn't as horrible as he had inittially thought. It was mostly tissue damage, thankfully. 

Minho sighed as he shakily finished bandaging his hand before turning to the wolf who was now at one corner, still baring his bloodies canines slightly and ears agains his head. He took a quick glance at the injury before realizing it had opened and begun to bleed. Problem was, how was he suppose to approach the frightened and injured wolf without getting attacked again?

                                                                                                                                            

Finally the anticipated update! I am sorry for having taken so long to post a new update for this story but I finally felt inspired to write again and walah! 
Please let me know what you think of this new chapter and do not feel afraid to critizise either.
I need to learn how to take it really .__________.
Thank you again for your patience! 
Love Deliagem
Also please upvote if you are enjoying it so far, or you can wait until it is finished too (still now sure how its suppose to work)