Idiot

theJoker&hisQueen;: through thick and thin

So sorry for taking this long to update! I forgot to move here the rest of the oneshots I've posted at B2R, and meanwhile I've been working on a different set of oneshots focused on Junhyung&Hyuna as Junhyung dates Hara. If any of you is interested in reading them, you can find them here!

Anyways, this oneshot is brand new! Well not really, it has been written for a while - the timeline of it is set the day after United Cube in Brazil - but I hadn't gotten to post it yet. So, Happy Holidays guys! I hope everyone is having a good one :D

ps: sorry for the title and the ending, I'm not feeling creative today but I wanted to post this before I could regret it lol

-

-

 

 

Idiot

-

 

"Is everyone already eating?"

"Not yet, sir. Kikwang-ssi and Junhyung-ssi are still in their room"

 

Informs one of Cube’s coordis. Kim Hyuna draws to a stop and lightly pulls onto Hong Seung Sung’s sleeve.

 

"Aigoo, those sleepy-heads~! I'll go get them for you, appa!"

The older man gives her a kind smile and an it’s okay but Hyuna remains unconvinced.

"But you said we had to hurry, right? Just wait here, I'll go get them!"

 

And so she takes off running to the elevator without even waiting for a reply.

-

A mere minute later she stands before the room and tilts her head to the side, wondering just how she was going to get in. Luck seems to be on her side however, because a coordi unnie exits the room right as Hyuna was about to knock, so the girl wastes no time sneaking in.

 

“Hyuna-ssi!” The woman gasps. “You can’t go ins—”

Shhh, unnie!” Urgently chides the brunette, not wanting to alert the two occupants of the room of her presence. “It’s okay, I’m just going to get them! I’ll be right back!”

 

The coordi frowns, without a doubt thinking of the possible rumors Kim Hyuna sneaking into one of Beast’s bedrooms can arise if she were to be discovered.  She doesn’t get to voice her concerns though, as Hyuna takes the chance to quietly close the door of the room, successfully locking herself in.

The layout was the same of the room she got for herself and her own coordi unnie yesterday, not being able to room with any of the 4minute girls or with Gina due to her awful schedule. As such, she has no troubles getting to the bedroom, where she finds the two boys still deeply asleep.

Kikwang is shirtless and sprawled on the bed on an unsightly position, his ankle carefully prodded on a pillow. Hyuna feels a pang of sympathy for the poor boy, but the feeling evaporates as her eyes lay on the bed to the right, where the real reason she had bothered to come up there in the first place was laying face-down. Yong Junhyung was wearing a white sweatshirt and the sight makes Hyuna hold her breath. To this day she doesn’t know how he does it, but Junhyung has mastered looking y without even trying down to an art, and Hyuna kind of resents him for it. It was totally uncalled for and inconsiderate to her, damnit.

At the same time though, he looked so peaceful sleeping soundly like that… the thought of waking him up almost makes her feel bad. Alas, Junhyung choses that very moment to lazily crack his eyes open.

As if by magnetism, his eyes lay on Hyuna’s who gasps at the unexpected eye contact.

… Then the blonde proceeds to unceremoniously turn over and keeps sleeping without a concern in the world.

Hyuna frowns affronted and without thinking crosses the room in quick strides and slaps Junhyung’s leg, hard. “Yah! Don’t ignore me like that!”

The rapper jumps in his bed, scared less and letting out a matching curse as he did it. When his sleepy eyes land on a frowning Hyuna his brow narrows to mirror hers. “Huh? You were really here?”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” The girl whines.

“… I thought I was dreaming or something. What are you doing here, Hyuna?” He makes himself comfortable on the bed again and adds on second thought a “yah! Don’t wake people up like that, you can give them a heart attack!”

 

Hyuna’s mind is too busy over his previous comment to even register his nagging though, her good mood completely restored and improved. He thought he was dreaming her? Was that a nice compliment or what? She doubts Junhyung even noticed he did that, god bless how oblivious he could be when he was sleepy.

It’s trying to stifle a giggle that she finally replies to his question. “What do you think? I came to get you, Mr.Sleepy head~!” Kikwang who? “We’re supposed to be having breakfast now, everyone’s already downstairs!

 

Junhyung groans. “Ugh… isn’t it too early for that?”

“Nope. Now get up!”

“Aish, stop nagging, ajumma”  

“What. Look who’s talking!”

 

Her retort gets a smirk off Junhyung, and the sight of him smirking while clad in a mere sweatshirt and his hair all disheveled like that, no less, makes Hyuna’s cheeks go almost as red as her Huh-hair.

 

Aish, this guy! When would he stop having such a strong hold on her!

 

“… I’ll be down soon, okay?” The blonde says, seeing that Hyuna was apparently too busy thinking of whatever it was that went through that crazy (but cute, though he would never admit it) head of hers. “Kikwang is not going to wake up yet anyway and I don’t want to leave him by himself.”

 

Hyuna pouts, not pleased by the answer. She hasn’t seen him much lately—not after that MAMA fiasco, and she was looking forward to the chance of having a good chat with him today. Cued in by her silence, Junhyung cracks open one eye to look at her and lets his lip curve upward in an amused smile.

 

“What, you want me to be there that badly?”

That makes Hyuna get a hold of herself and she accompanies her denial with another smack to Junhyung’s leg. “Yah! In your dreams, oppa! Get a hold of that ego, will you? Before it fills the whole room!”

 

Junhyung chuckles and despite being completely flustered at being caught red-handed, the sound of his laughter makes her spirit soar. She had really feared he wouldn’t laugh like that with her again after the way he had been behaving lately. Hyuna doesn’t know what changed—what made Junhyung be like this with her again, but she’s infinitely thankful for it.

And there she went again. She shouldn’t be even thinking of that, less of all when he was right there in front of her—he would be able to read it in her eyes and then the happy mood would die and it would be all her fault.

She would better leave, now.

 

“Do whatever you want, I’m leaving~! It’s your fault if you oversleep and don’t get any breakfast!”

A hand reaches out and catches her wrist, wait he says and Hyuna freezes. Goosebumps run all over her flesh and make the little hairs on her arms stand on end. She doesn’t even pray for Junhyung not to notice it, it was too evident for him not to—and even if he had somehow missed it, the way she stammers gives her away.

 

“W-what?”

Idiot. I’m such an idiot!

 

Junhyung looks at her for a long moment, Hyuna never meeting his eyes. After what feels like forever to the brunette her wrist is released and she watches as the boy sinks his head back on the pillow, turning away from her.

 

“… Thanks. For coming to get me.”

“You… you are welcome. I… I’ll see you later, oppa”

“… Yeah”

                                          

When Hyuna leaves the room (without risking another look at Junhyung, even though she could feel his eyes boring on her back as she walked away from his bed) she leans against the door and clutches her heart with a trembling hand.

It was racing so fast.

It never ceased to amaze her. No matter what kind of thing she had to pull onstage, no one could make her feel like this with just the simplest of touches. No one but Yong Junhyung, that was.

It wasn't supposed to be that way. Not anymore.

 

The thought hurts her more than the longing ever does.

 

When she reaches the end of the hall she finds Hong appa waiting for her, and she could swear her heart shrunk as she meets his eyes only to see him give her an understanding smile.

He knew. Everyone knew. Including Junhyung himself.

Hyuna sighs. It couldn’t be helped, she guesses. Not when the mere thought of him made her go weak at the knees, just like the very first time they kissed, back when—

 

… And there she went again.

Idiot!