16 - Infidelity

Only Good Girls Go To Heaven.

Yaay, another update :P but it's kinda short, mianhe, mianhe.

 

JiEun arrived home, the big grin on her face clearly showed what mood she was in. She opened the door, but her mood went down rapidly as she was greeted by the sound of anger and shriek coming from up the stairs. Her parents were having a fight.

 

"Dammit, Lauren, I told you, it was nothing!"

 

"Don't ing lie to me, you bastard!"

 

"I'm not lying!"

 

"Yes you are, and you've been doing so for a long time now, I was so stupid to not see it in you"

 

All of a sudden her heart-rate increased. She didn't like the volume of noise they were shouting at. What should she do? Should she go upstairs and prevent them from beating each other up? And, what on earth had happened for them to make such a racket of noise whilst she was gone?

 

JiEun was now standing at the bottom of the stairs, eager to go up and see what is going on, but she stopped as she wanted to listen to their racket of a conversation.

 

"Why aren't you believing me?" her dad shouted

 

"Are you blind as to ask me that question? Your evidence is right in front of you, and yet you're denying it!"

 

"Shut up, shut up! Because of this, now JiEun's going to be affected too"

 

"She's going to be affected because it's all your bloody damn fault!"

 

Okay, now she really wanted to know what's up.

 

"O-omma?" JiEun croaked out, things between her parents went silent for a moment after they realised JiEun was already at home.

 

"Just-just leave" her mother commanded, she heard ruffles and the sound of clothes being packed hurriedly in to bags. And then she saw her dad coming down the stairs with a backpack, she was about to say something to him but he ran down the stairs and he didn't even lay an eye on JiEun, but, instead, just simply stormed out of the house and closed the door with a loud thud.

 

She ran to the window and saw her dad get in to the car, he then drove off in to the distance and was gone just like that. Everything was over in a matter of minutes.

 

She could hear the sound of tears coming up from the top of the stairs, JiEun went and saw her mother sitting on top of the stairs, her hands covering her face and unbelievable weeping sounds came out from her. She looked absolutely devestated and heart broken.

 

"O-omma," JiEun placed her hand on her mother's shoulder, even though she wasn't her real mother, she did treat JiEun like she was her actual daughter and took care of her well "What happened?"

 

It took a while before her sobbing finally went down to almost silent, by then, she was able to stutter some words out of . "Y-your father..h-he..c-cheated on m-me..." and as soon as those words came out, more tears followed. JiEun's mouth dropped as soon as she heard those words. Cheating? What? No, it couldn't be, he seemed like a good man, and she didn't think he would ever do such a thing.

 

"I'm sorry, JiEun, I tried my best to be a good parent to you.."

 

"Ani, you did a good job."

 

"My friend told me about it, about him having an affair, and to be honest with you, she actually told me a month earlier"

 

"You didn't tell me"

 

"I know, and i'm sorry. At first, I was in denial that he was ever doing such a thing, but the tables turned and earlier on today she showed me a picture of the two at a party, I couldn't believe my eyes" her mother handed her phone over to her, and she saw the image of him and her, and they seemed all over each other, she handed back the phone as she was disgusted.

 

"What's worse is that he's denying it, he's denying his own obvious evidence" she carried on "I-I don't know anymore, JiEun..."

 

JiEun was somewhat speechless. It all happened so soon, so suddenly, she didn't even have a faint idea that he was doing such a thing, he didn't even seem like he was doing it in the first place. She felt angry, angry at the fact that he hurt her mother like this and left them both without even laying an eye on her.

 

"It's okay, omma." she gently rubbed her mother's shoulder with her palm "it's okay."

 

-

JiEun was about to go to bed, still mind-driven at the event that happened in the afternoon. Her mother finally managed to drive her tears away, but not completely, her eyes were swollen by the time she stopped, but, even at this hour, JiEun could still hear quiet sobs coming from her mothers room. She must have been really hurt by his foul actions.

 

Wanting to comfort her, JiEun went in to her mother's room. "Omma? Are you okay?"

 

"Y-yes..."

 

"Are you sure? Omma, you can come in to my room tonight and sleep there with me, okay?"

 

She sniffed and looked at JiEun, she nodded her head in agreement and went with her in to her room, they both slept beside each other whilst JiEun comforted her mum.

 

*Beep*

 

JiEun blinked her eyes opened at the sound. Could it be? Was it time for school already? *Beep* she groaned and grabbed her phone from the side to check the time. 4am. "Aish" she groaned and was about to put the phone back but then realised that she had received 2 text messages.

 

Message 1

From: Myungsoo <3

Annyeongg..!

 

Message 2

From: Myungsoo <3

Yah, are you still awake?

 

Oh my god, he's still awake even at this time.

 

'Do you ever go to sleep?' JiEun replied, a minute later, he did as well

 

'Meh, i'm bored now >.< anyway, how're you?'

 

'So-so'

 

'Oh? Did anything happen?'

 

'Nothing, don't worry, anyway, i'm tired. Myungsoo, i'm going back to sleep, you should too'

 

'Aw, okay, fine then. Gnight' She smiled at his text before replying back

 

'Gnight'