Lee Hae Sung, Lee Dong Nam

Class X ~HIATUS~

Dong Nam covered Hae Sung's ears for her, watching his sister cry. He was the younger twin but at times, Dong Nam acted as if he was the older sibling in their relationship.

It was normal for the Lee twins to be in their position right now. Their parents were constantly fighting and Hae Sung absolutely hated the arguments. They would shout at each other non-stop or if the other parent wasn't there, they would shout at either of the twins. Many times Hae Sung or Dong Nam became the target for their parents to release their anger.

Dong Nam hated it when Hae Sung cried but there was nothing he could do to stop his parents from fighting. He only thing he could do was cover her ears for her, in hopes that it would block out their parents shouting.

"Dong Nam...will they ever stop?"

"I don't know, Noona. But I'm here," Dong Nam smiled. He had to be strong for his sister. "I'll be here to cover your ears for you."


Hae Sung opened her eyes, staring at the ceiling of Class X. She looked at the board and sighed softly. She had fallen asleep yet again in class. Hae Sung sat up on her sofa and looked around. Everyone else had already left for lunch and she was the only one left in the classroom. On her desk was a lunchbox and she recognised Joo Yong's handwriting on the note left next to the lunchbox.

Wake up soon and eat lunch! Don't want you starving! <3

Hae Sung laughed softly and opened the lunchbox. Joo Yong and Seung Yong really spoiled her sometimes, especially with the lunchboxes that they always made for her along with the heartwarming notes that she would find randomly in the classroom.

"Ah, you're awake, Noona," Dong Nam smiled, walking into the classroom. "Oh, you already have lunch?"

"Joo Yong made it," Hae Sung said, eating her lunch. Dong Nam pulled a chair in front of Hae Sung's desk, sitting down and watching her. "Dong Nam, it's rude to stare at people like that. Can I have some privacy while I eat?"

"You still don't like it when people watch you eat?" he asked, smiling softly and looked away. "You haven't changed at all."

Hae Sung reached out and pinched Dong Nam's nose. He let out a yelp and Hae Sung smirked, letting him go. Dong Nam frowned and rubbed his sore nose. Hae Sung continued eating her lunch and Dong Nam just sat there in silence.


Their parents were signing the divorce papers as Hae Sung and Dong Nam watched on. They held their hands together tightly. Because their parents were separating, they each get custody of one of the twins which meant that Hae Sung and Dong Nam would be separated.

The moment their parents signed the papers, Hae Sung and Dong Nam knew that they were never going to see each other again. When their parents got up and walked over to them, Hae Sung gripped Dong Nam's hand even tighter and he gripped her hand back just as tight.

"Let's go, Hae Sung," her mother said, taking Hae Sung's other hand but the girl refused to let go of her brother's hand. "Hae Sung, we have to go now. Let go of Dong Nam's hand and we'll be on our way."

"Why can't Dong Nam come with us? I want Dong Nam to come with us."

"Don't be ridiculous, Hae Sung," her mother frowned. "Your brother is going with your father. Now come on, Hae Sung, we're wasting time."

"Dong Nam!"

Irritated, her mother picked Hae Sung up in her arms, forcing the twins to let go of each other's hand. Hae Sung cried, reaching out for Dong Nam's hand and Dong Nam reached for hers but their father pulled him the other way.

"Dong Nam!"


"Noona? Noona, are you okay?" Dong Nam asked, waving a hand in front of Hae Sung's face.

She had been staring him for a while when she was remembering how they were separated. Hae Sung nodded and smiled, finishing her lunch. She put the box on Joo Yong's desk and sat down at her desk again, looking at Dong Nam.

"I told you not to join Class X."

"We're not having this conversation again, Noona."

"We will keep having this conversation until the day you decide to transfer out of Class X."

"You think that another school will accept me after I've been in Class X?"

Hae Sung was speechless. Dong Nam was right; no other school would want any student who came from Class X. He was smart to join Class X before letting Hae Sung know because now, there was no way he could transfer out without having to drop out of school.

"How's Mum?"

"Mum's Mum."

Their mother hadn't changed after her divorce with their father. She was still a workaholic who would give Hae Sung enough money for a week's expense and pay her school fees. The only kind of love she gave Hae Sung was in the form of money, showering Hae Sung with all sorts of gifts. Within the year, Hae Sung had lost count of how many presents her mother had given her for her birthday. All the presents were for the same birthday; her mother just forgot when her birthday was.

"Dad's still the same as well. He has a girlfriend now. I'm surprised he's able to hold down a relationship."

Hae Sung hadn't seen her father in a long time, not that she wanted to see him at all. If possible, she wanted to move out of the house so that she didn't have to see her own mother. Dong Nam, on the other hand, was much more liberal with their parents. He didn't mind them at all and he preferred that they didn't bother him much.

~~~

P.E was Class X's favourite lesson. It was the one lesson that they didn't have in the classroom and for once, they were allowed to run about and move their muscles. Kahee was having a hard time controlling them and Jaehyo had yet to be able to control Class X as their new leader. 

"Hey, shouldn't Noona be helping Kahee?" Dong Nam asked, sitting on the grass and did some stretches. 

Seung Yong came up from her stretching position and looked over to Hae Sung who was also stretching. "P.E isn't really Hae Sung's field of expertise. She doesn't really care much outside of the classroom."

"Jaehyo-hyung looks like he's in some trouble. As the former leader, shouldn't Noona help him control the class?"

"Don't let Hae Sung hear you call him Hyung, she'll murder you," Seung Yong warned, poking Dong Nam's nose. "He won the position of leader from her, he should be able to deal with Class X himself. Like I said, outside the classroom, Hae Sung doesn't really care much."

When the class was finally under control with most of them done with their stretches, Kahee began a game of dodgeball. The team split with Jaehyo and Hae Sung as leaders. Dong Nam was on Jaehyo's team with Yukwon and Mir while Seung Yong and Joo Yong were on Hae Sung's team along with Jiho.

"Wait a minute, this isn't right," Jaehyo frowned and pointed at Jiho. "Why is he on your team? I want to swap members! I'll swap Dong Nam for Jiho!"

"Sorry, no swapping of members allowed," Kahee said, standing in between the two teams. "You have to stick with the team with you."

"Just so you know, Dong Nam has no coordination whatsoever. He at sports," Hae Sung smirked with her arms crossed. "Dong Nam-ah, do your worst! Noona will treat you to whatever you want to eat tonight!"

Kahee blew her whistle and stepped out of their way, beginning the game. Jaehyo held a ball in his hand, staring at Hae Sung and smirked, pulling Yukwon next to him. "I have a plan," he whispered and his eyes slowly looked over to Joo Yong. "Let's knock out the weakest one first."

Yukwon nodded and held his ball, looking at Seung Yong and smirked. She caught him looking and stuck her tongue out at him. Yukwon took the opportunity and threw the ball her way. Seung Yong managed to dodge in the last second, glaring at Yukwon. She threw her ball as hard as she could at him but it missed by a lot and Yukwon laughed, making Seung Yong angrier.

As soon as Yukwon threw his ball, Jaehyo aimed his at Joo Yong. Jiho caught the ball before it hit Joo Yong and looked at Jaehyo who frowned at him. "Why did you catch it, Woo Jiho?! Whose side are you on?"

"Shut up, he's on my team!" Hae Sung shouted and threw her ball at Jaehyo. Jiho threw the ball at Jaehyo as well and he managed to dodge both but somehow, both hit Dong Nam who was standing nowhere near Jaehyo. "Dong Nam's out!"

Jaehyo snapped his head back and Hae Sung took the opportunity. She grabbed a ball from Seung Yong and threw it with all her might at Jaehyo's head. It hit him hard and Jaehyo stumbled forward. He turned around, looking at Hae Sung who had a big grin on her face.

"Now that the leader is out, they're easier to deal with," she smirked, stretching her arms. "Seung Yong, I'll leave Kim Yukwon to you."

"No problem."

The game of dodgeball went on until Yukwon was the last man standing on Jaehyo's team while Hae Sung was still in with Seung Yong, Joo Yong and Jiho. 

"Throw the ball!" Jaehyo shouted.

"Shut up, I'm thinking!"

"Kim Yukwon, you're going down," Seung Yong smirked, throwing her ball in the air and caught it.

"Just throw the ball!" Jaehyo shouted again.

"I told you to shut u-"

Yukwon was cut off when Seung Yong suddenly threw her ball. He jumped and threw his ball, not aiming at any of them but it was flying in Joo Yong's direction. Jiho pulled Joo Yong out of the way and told her to throw her ball while he threw his. Hae Sung threw hers as well and at least three balls were flying in Yukwon's direction.

He managed to dodge two but was hit by the last one, getting him out. Seung Yong cheered the loudest as Hae Sung's team celebrated, hugging each other. Joo Yong grinned at Jiho, giving him a thumbs-up and he did the same, pressing his thumb against hers. It was Joo Yong's unique way of interacting with others.

Jaehyo grabbed a ball and threw it at Yukwon's head. "Idiot! I told you to throw the ball! Look what you've done! We're out now!"

"Shut up! I survived to the end! You were the second person who got out!"

"You could have gotten at least one of them out! How embarrassing was that loss?!" 

"Kim Yukwon! Mehrong!" Seung Yong smirked, sticking her tongue out at him and pulling a face at him. "We won! Oh yeah! I beat Kim Yukwon! We won! Oh yeah! I beat Kim Yukwon!"

"Woo Jiho! Don't touch her! Come back over here!" Jaehyo frowned.

Jiho ignored Jaehyo, celebrating with his team. Dong Nam grinned, clapping his hands as he congratulated the other team. He was the only person who was happy for the other team. Jaehyo grabbed Dong Nam's shoulder and pulled him back, slapping his hands so he would stop clapping. 

~~~

Instead of treating him to dinner, Hae Sung bought ice cream for Dong Nam and walked around the neighborhood because Dong Nam promised to be home for dinner since their father invited his new girlfriend over.

"You've got ice cream on your face," Hae Sung said, going to wipe the ice cream off for Dong Nam. "You're still the same Dong Nam. You always get ice cream on your face."

"No I don't. Not when I eat from the tub."

"Even when you eat from the tub."

"Omo...what's this? A date?" 

For a moment, Hae Sung's attention was taken away by a gang of delinquents. They were from a different school from the trio who attacked Joo Yong but were still rivals of Class X even though they were no threat at all. The leader was rejected many times by Hae Sung after asking her out on a date constantly.

"Who is he, Hae Sung? He looks weak. You rejected me for him?"

"Firstly, you have no right to call me by my name. Secondly, you look weaker than he does. Thirdly, I would reject you for anyone else."

"Aish...what a rude girl. I heard you're no longer the leader of Class X, is that true? Lee Hae Sung has gotten weak, hasn't she? Class X is going down."

Ice cream splattered all over the leader's face but Hae Sung was still holding her ice cream. She looked at Dong Nam who looked really pissed. It was a surprise even to Hae Sung herself that Dong Nam was the one who threw his ice cream at the delinquent.

"Yah, you punk! How dare you?!"

Without warning, Dong Nam punched the delinquent in the face followed by an uppercut. Hae Sung helped Dong Nam when the rest of the gang joined in. Fighting together with Dong Nam brought memories back for Hae Sung and a smile slowly creeped onto her face.


"Get up, Lee Dong Nam! Why are you so weak? Are you even a boy?" the other children asked, pushing Dong Nam onto the ground every time he got up.

Even as a child, Dong Nam wasn't very coordinated and was bad at sports. He would trip and fall or fail to catch a ball. It was easy to say that he became the target for other children to bully, especially if he played in a team sport. 

"Yah! Stop bullying my brother!" Hae Sung shouted, pushing the other children away.

"You need your noona to protect you? You won't grow up to be a man if you let a girl protect you! Get up, Lee Dong Nam!"

One of the children walked up to Hae Sung and pushed her. Dong Nam caught her before she fell and stabled her. He got up and glared at the children, emitting a different aura to his normal soft and weak one.

He held Hae Sung's hand and raised his other fist, punching the child who pushed Hae Sung. The other children decided to stand up for the kid and soon, a fight broke out. Dong Nam and Hae Sung held each other's hands tightly and retaliated, holding their ground. In the end, they were the last ones standing and the other children were on the floor, all bruised and crying.

They got into a lot of trouble but from then on, the Lee twins stuck with each other and never lost a fight.


They didn't hold hands like they had when they were younger. Instead, Hae Sung and Dong Nam fought back to back. Unlike his normal uncoordinate self, Dong Nam fought like it was as easy as breathing and walking and even though she was a girl, not a single punch landed on Hae Sung.

"Oh damn...I really liked that ice cream as well," Hae Sung sighed, staring at the ice cream on the ground. "Dong Nam, shall we go?"

"Oh look, I'm still going to be on time for dinner," Dong Nam grinned, looking at his watch. He jogged in front of Hae Sung, looking back at her and waved. "I'll see you in school, Noona! I'm going to run now!"

"Dong Nam-ah, be caref-"

Dong Nam fell flat on the ground face first. When he got up, he was bleeding from the nose but Dong Nam wiped the blood off like it was nothing and smiled at Hae Sung. "Bye, Noona!"

"Be careful, Dong Nam!"