Food Fight

Lost at Sea || A ChangSoo One-Shot Collection

food fight

 

"MINE!" Changmin snatched the bag of half-opened potato chips from Sooyoung’s hands and raised it high in the air.

"Heeey! I was the one who got it first!" she tiptoed and tried to grab the bag but to no avail. "Damn, this freak is tall!" she muttered under her breath.

"I’ve heard that! Rascal!" Changmin stepped back and threw the chips from one hand to another, his lips forming into a smirk to see the tall girl getting annoyed by the minute.

"You’re supposed to hear that, you dweeb!" she answered through gritted teeth.

"There are more snacks there, why don’t you choose something else?" he raised his eyebrows and grinned in amusement, obviously aware that the two of them are causing a ruckus as all the other members of their bands stopped what they’re doing and are now looking at them with interest.

"Why don’t YOU choose something else, I had it first!" Sooyoung jumped to grab the food but Changmin raised it higher.

"You never give up, do you?" he gave out a small laugh. “...it’s just a bag of chips.”

"That’s MY bag of chips, you slimy git! Give that to me if you don’t want to visit Seoul National Hospital now!" Her cheeks flushed red in anger as she tried once again to get her food, oblivious to the fact that all the people inside the crammed dressing room were looking at the two of them.

Instead of fulfilling her demands, the boy just gave her a sheepish grin. He was about to take the teasing a step further when she stopped struggling. She put her hands on her waist and gave him the sharpest glare he has ever seen in his entire food-driven life.

"You know, you can just tell me if you want my attention." She said softly. "I don’t bite little boys."

She stressed the last two words and the entire room gasped.

Eyes shifted from the tall girl who looked devilishly handsome with her marine uniform to the fine-looking young man whose half-buttoned suit screamed y overdose and farewell-forever-to-the-innocent-feline-kissing-fifteen-year-old from the old Hug days. The whole room stopped breathing and waited... waited... and waited... for the maknae’s reply.

(It never came)

"You are not really hungry for food, are you Changmin-ah?" Sooyoung asked in a super sultry voice she never thought she’d eventually use on anyone – especially on Shim Changmin.

A small thud can be heard as Taeyeon’s softdrink can rolled on the floor; unable to believe she heard what she just heard, her jaw hanging wide open. Nobody took notice of it too as almost all seemed rooted to the spot, expressions similar to that of Taeyeon’s.

All this time, Changmin is just staring back at Sooyoung, his adam’s apple moved up and down his throat as he swallowed (practically nothing) and cursed himself inside on why he lost the ability to give snarky comebacks all of a sudden.

Sooyoung raised an eyebrow and smirked victoriously, "Oh I--" she never finished her sentence as the room suddenly turned pitch black and shrieks filled the air.

"OH MY! Girls! Where are you?! Don’t move from your places!" Taeyeon’s voice pierced through the noise as she blindly searched for her bandmates in the dark.

"What’s happening?!"
"Unni, I’m scared!"
"Kangin! Hold the boys!"
"I would if you’d just let go of my hands for a moment, Teukkie."
"Where are the staff and crew and assistants and directors?!"
"Why is it dark, Hyukkie?"
"The light is off, Hae."
"JUNSU, DON’T TOUCH MY !"
"PABO! You stepped on the cord!"
"Sorry, Heechul-hyung!"
"Aish! Kibum, help us here!"

Someone put back the cord and the whole room was bathing in light once again. Everybody breathed in a sigh of relief, when...

"Where’s Sooyoung?!"
"Where’s Changmin?!"

Taeyeon and Yunho said in unison as they looked at one another with eyes open wide.

 

Meanwhile...

 

Sooyoung knew the cold wall too well from all the times she spent leaning there while taking a few minutes rest from the tedious practices they’ve had for weeks. The cold seeping on her spine as she rested her head on its dank exterior while catching some moments to get in touch with herself amidst their crazy schedules.

She knew it was still the same cold wall behind her, but all she feels right now is the warmth of Changmin’s soft lips on hers and the steady pace of their gentle breathing as she returns his kiss.

(The half-opened potato bag lay forgotten on the floor)