“…How much do you know of the Novae Alliance?”

Eden
Please log in to read the full chapter

The Angel crew finds out about the danger they are in...with a few surprises. UPDATE: I changed up the scripts in here.  Please read this updated version, thanks :)

“Whoa…”

 

“This is amazing…”

 

“We have the infirmary right here, and it is the only room you’ll see among the flights of stairs, because otherwise you’ll find our common room and kitchen beyond that small hallway,” Suho notes.

 

The metallic room with flights of stairs echoes with the thudding of shoes against metal floorings, and hushed whispers and exclamations from the Lucifer crew, as they take in the sights of the interior decorations.  However, Jonghyun is holding hands tightly with Jinki as they walk down the stairs, because the angel’s not quite adjusted to heights, especially when he can see that it is a long way down through those perforated metal floors.

 

“And here we just have our quarters and water closets, nothing special.”

 

“…You’ve done her up real good, Joonmyeon...Last I recall, these tubes weren’t around… It was just plain metal walls all around. I’m quite impressed,” Onew says, awed as he takes in the details of the metal framing and ornamentation in the ship. “And this ship wasn’t even that tall like before…”

 

There are mutterings from Key as he takes in the sight of the steel frames twisting and weaving in a sturdy netting layout around him, as well as the way the walls are decorated with slim bronze pipes smoothly forming hexagonal patterns with many continuous lines.

 

“Yes, this ship wasn’t even this big to begin with; we’ve managed to retain some of the upper half of the original Angel ship, that you and Minho had always seen long ago, while we did a lot of modifications to the lower half.  Or rather, we extended the lower half.”

 

“That must’ve taken years to do so… I’m at loss for words right now, young friend, especially with these bronze pipes.”

 

“Thank you, Jinki; although, the pipes were not of my own doing but Luhan’s. He had acquired the ability of telekinesis, thanks to his pendant.”

 

“It’s true then…you guys are supposed to hold ownership of the legendary pendants…” Onew’s eyes follow the patterns as they come to halt where doors are placed, and pick up at the other end of the doorframes.

 

“Uhm?” Suho stops in his tracks, looking warily at his friend.  “I never told you about the pendants…where did you hear about that?”

 

“We’ll have to talk about it when we get to Cordius, it’s a long story.”

 

Suho resumes walking.  “Oh…alright then. And here is where we’ll take the elevator, some of my men can use the ladders, but the elevator’s big enough to hold twenty-four people at most,” Suho directs as several men of the Angel make their ways to the ladders.

 

“Twenty-four?!” Key exclaims. Suho nods, chuckling. “Twenty-four.”

 

Suho pushes a button that indicates a downward arrow on a panel, and it lights up green.  When the doors open, it is nothing short of an ordinary looking elevator, except bigger.  However, as both crews get onboard, the Lucifer crew finds that instead of buttons to push to indicate which floors, there is only a panel that a hand can fit in.

 

Sure enough, the captain of Angel places his hand on the panel and it too lights up green before the doors quickly close. “The elevator’s designed so that this panel here only recognizes one of our twelve men’s hands, and there is usually one way to go from here, which is the Cordius.”

 

The elevator is a smooth ride that does not take too long before the doors open, and the Lucifer crew sees that there is an open floor plan with columns and a small hallway across from them.  As they walk out of the elevator, they also see that some of the Angel’s crew is already waiting for them.

 

The whole group comes to a stop in the hallway, looking at a gigantic wall, and is surrounded by a door on either side.

 

“Whoa,” is the word that comes out of Key and Jonghyun’s mouths as the Lucifer crew stand together with the Angel crew, looking at a huge design of a hexagon, nine feet tall, with twelve different symbols laid out in a symmetrical manner.

 

“It’s just like the one on the pamphlet back at the bar…” Jonghyun mutters to Onew. The captain gives a faint nod in reply.

 

“MAMA,” Suho calls out to the wall.

 

The Lucifer crew shoots apprehensive looks at Suho.

 

There is a loud crack from inside the wall that startles the whole Lucifer crew, but leaves the Angel crew unfazed and some giggling at their reactions, as the hexagon splits up into six small triangles and pulls away, exposing the center. The center reveals to have some form of device protruding out of the wall, scanning the air between its two prongs, and a panel on the wall that requires a certain form of hands to fit into the mold.

 

Suho then brings his hands to scanning device, does three gestures of his hands before they join together at the thumbs to fit exactly the design on the panel, and he pushes the panel into the wall.

 

There is a rumbling noise as the wall splits halfway in the middle and opens to reveal a humongous room of computers and highly advanced machines of technology, such as a large table that has some form of holographic readings of some topography, a holographic globe rising above the table, and three large-sized screens. Behind the screens, there is a huge glass column that seems to encase a gigantic rock, about twelve feet in diameter, suspended with thick cables. There is an electric-silver flame that encompasses the rock, pulsing at a steady beat.

 

“Welcome to the Cordius,” Suho murmurs as he steps aside to let the Lucifer crew enter. “The heart of Angel.”

 

“Holy,” Key curses as he steps into the room. “Holy mother of all things pure and sweet… You guys built this room?!”

 

“Not all of us,” Suho smiles. “T’was I, Luhan, Xiumin, Kai, Chen, and Chanyeol. Chen and I planned out the Cordius; the others transformed it into reality. Please make yourself comfortable.”

 

There are low whistles of admiration from the Lucifer crew as the others and Angel’s crew follow Key inside, with Suho and Kris being the last to enter. The wall closes up behind Suho and everyone is gathered around the huge table.

 

“This is…astounding…the fact that this room is by far the biggest I’ve seen in this ship,” — “It is the biggest room in our ship,” Chanyeol points out to Key, “takes up two floors’ height, thanks to that,” he indicates the flaming rock — “Oh, is it? Wow… How is Angel still able to fly with this kind of space inside her? And with Dawn, too…?”

 

“The answer lies up there,” Suho indicates the glowing rock. “You guys are looking at the heart of Angel, Aithyr; her infinite power lies within the heart to keep Angel afloat and running.”

 

“Geez, this is one hell of a beautiful ship…”

 

“Thank you,” Suho smiles.  Key nods wordlessly, acknowledging the captain’s words.

 

“How did you guys come across tha-“

 

“Key, questions will have to wait, please. It’s important they need to know, because of time,” Onew coolly chides his shipmate.

 

“Ah, sorry, captain,” Key brings a hand to his mouth, feeling ashamed of his insatiable curiosity, “Go right ahead.”

 

“So…what’s this unpleasant news that we should know about, Jinki?” Suho says warily.

 

Silence falls in the large room as the captain of the Lucifer looks around, thinking of how to start off the news. The whole Angel crew appears to be getting a little fidgety. Kai is even staring at Taemin’s back.

 

The captain tries to form words with his mouth before they come tumbling out. “…How much do you know of the Novae Alliance?” He asks Suho.

 

The captain of Angel gives a bewildered look, before he glances at the other members, his questioning gaze upon them. None of the members knows what Captain Onew was talking about, from their shrugs and shaking of heads.  The Lucifer crew looks a little grim at Suho’s reaction.

 

“…Are…we supposed to be a part of that alliance?”

 

Onew stares at his younger friend in shock, ignoring Key’s “oh hell, that’s not good” remark, and gives a solemn headshake. “Just be thankful you’re not…I’m not in it either. Novae Alliance is our enemy…or rather, yours.”

 

A cold sensation trickles down Suho’s back as the captain cannot help but let a shudder. “My…enemy?” He feels an arm around his shoulders, knowing fully well that it belongs to Kris, due to the large hand upon his left shoulder.

 

“Novae Alliance composes of two guilds, Blue Sun and Red Moon. Red Moon is a guild of male-only subgroups of pirates, and Blue Sun, female-only. One of their missions is to hunt you down and enslave you, because they have heard about the legend of the twelve pendants becoming true, and how these pendants will open a portal to another New World.

 

“The Novae Alliance is a deadly enemy, Joonmyeon; they’ve exterminated peoples and razed lands. We have had a misfortune to run into one of Red Moon’s groups a few weeks ago as a warning, at a pub that you and your crew frequent, but we got away with luck and Taemin’s help.”

 

The crew of Angel is stricken with terror on their paling faces, panic filling up inside of almost every single member, except for Suho, Kris, Xiumin and Tao.

 

“But to e-enslave us…?” Jongdae asks, his voice quivering with fright. “Wh-why would they w-want to enslave us?”

 

“For the pendants…” Onew reiterates. “They want to use the pendants and create a new utopian wor

Please log in to read the full chapter