In the sky...

Eden
Please log in to read the full chapter

A young male captain takes a step closer to the starboard of his ship, feeling the breeze around him.  The clouds are passing by gently, as the ship sails on through the puffy, moist masses, the ground and the sea thousands of feet below.

 

Adjusting the collar of his red, large jacket, Suho is left with his black shirt and grey pants, his sheathed dagger wrapped around his right thigh.  He closes his eyes at the sensation and lets out a sigh of contentment.  Angel has served him and his group well in times of refuge and retreat, of encounters and battles. Her metal skin bears minor scrapes and healed wounds, as Kris, Kai, and a small crew have patched her up in one of the New World ports down below the sky.  

 

Suho can feel his pendant pulsating energy on his chest.  The pendant is shaped in a similar manner to a teardrop, but there are complex, intricate lines within.  He has recently acquired it from an adventure in the Temple of the Water, located in one of the deep underwater sinkholes of the New World.  He will never forget that near-death experience under the sea that occurred four days ago.

 

To bring and sustain life, whether a day or more,

To destroy and wash away, a watery erosion…

 

Luhan, a pilot of Angel and a telekinetic thanks to his own pendant, had gone with Suho down below, both of them capable swimmers, having been raised near the sea.  When Suho succeeded in getting his pendant from the main shrine and placed it around his neck, the temple started to collapse, for it was being drained of its power the moment the pendant is lifted from its altar.  Luhan had managed to get Suho out of the temple before water flooded through the cracks and the temple was left in ruins.  With Suho struggling to hold his breath as he latched himself onto his friend, Luhan quickly swam his way to the surface, but was not able to reach it together with the captain in time. 

 

Suho lost consciousness as his grip on Luhan weakened, and his body started slowly sinking into the blue darkness.  The telepath panicked and tried to reach for him, but his chest was burning for air and he could only frantically swim up to the surface. He mustered up the last of his energy to slap the surface of the water in frustration, panting heavily.  In an instant, he felt guilty of his actions, and exhausted from his frantic escape.  When the crew saw that Suho was not with Luhan, some of them became hysterical and distressed.  Very few remained calm.  Meanwhile, on Angel, a tall co-captain with a scowling face, Kris, barked at a few men who were on Dawn, Angel’s smaller wooden ship, to go rescue their telekinetic friend.  Two men, Xiumin and Kai, hurriedly rowed their way to Luhan, and pulled a weakening Luhan over to safety.

 

“The captain…” Luhan coughed.  “I’ve…got to get…the captain!” Luhan panted. “He’s drowning!!”

 

Meanwhile deep below, it almost cost Suho’s life had it not been for his pendant around his neck bursting with energy, detecting that its owner was on the brink of death.  It reached out to any sea mammals out there in the deep sea, and luckily, two dolphins nearby heard its signal.  With a net that they found somewhere in the ocean, they caught him and took him up to the surface. 

 

Aboard Dawn, the crew freaked out even more when they saw Suho motionless in the net as he was being dragged slowly by the two dolphins.  Luhan, still recovering as he panted for air, linked his mind with his pendant to communicate with the animals to bring Suho over to Dawn, and thanking them when they had done so.  The fair-skinned captain was able to recover quickly due to the pendant worn around his neck,

Please log in to read the full chapter