Right Now it's Girl's Generation

The Month of May
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Right Now it's Girl's Generation

 

Eight members of the SNSD sat in their dorm's living room, making small conversations as they waited for the meeting their leader had called for to start. "Where's Yoona unnie?" Seohyun asked, seemingly the only one who was worried the visual wasn't present. It was unlike the doe to be late.

"Not here." The kid leader stated the obvious. "I didn't ask her to come."

Seohyun looked around and realized she was the only one surprised by this. Why was she the only one that hadn't been informed? What were they planning to do without her unnie? "It has come to my attention that we all think Yoona has a problem..." Taeyeon continued. What problem? Seohyun gasped in alarm, were they going to overthrow Yoona? Was this a coup d'etat? The maknae thought, letting her imagination get the best of her. "She hasn't gone on a date for over two years."

"No! You can't do that!" Seohyun cried out in unison with the leader. Everyone in the room shifted their attention to the young maknae who had seemingly lost it. "You mean you're not going to kick unnie out?" Her bottom lip quivered, tears threatening to fall any second. 

Tiffany shot the maknae an incredulous look, "Why on earth would we do that?" Half of the members were still in shock at the maknae's sudden outburst. Out of the ten years they had known her, they had never heard her raise her voice until today.

"I-I-I..." Seohyun stuttered, already overwhelmed by guilt from thinking the worst of her sisters.

"Seo ah, I told you not to watch so much of that drama crap." Hyoyeon chastised, coming to her roommate's rescue.

"Yeah, you're right unnie." Seohyun agreed and sent Hyo a grateful look. "Sorry unnie, please continue." She turned to the leader. 

"Ehhh," Taeyeon replied in a daze. "What was I saying?"

"Yoona problem." Sunny answered.

"Oh, yeah. As I was going to say I realized that our Yoong hasn't gone on a date since 2011 in the late Decembers. This is not healthy guys. At this rate She's going to become an old maid."

"Yes, we need to do something about it." Fany jumped on board immediately, a strong sense of motherly instincts taking over her.

"But it's not like Yoona's doing it on purpose. Yuri defended. "No one has asked her out. People name her as the ideal type but don't actually mean it."

"Maybe they're afraid of her." Hyoyeon whispered, anxiously glancing around the room as if Yoona could show up any second.

Sunny snorted, "Afraid of a choding? Who screams like hell just broke loose at the sight of chicken feet?"

"You guys, what if she's into yuri." Sooyoung interrupted scandlously. Six pairs of eyes shifted their attention to Yuri. "Not Yuri, I mean yuri as in girl/girl."

Six of the members shot the shikshin an unamused look. "Yoona's not into yuri because if she was she would have shown interest in me." Sica grumbled cutely with a pout.

Seohyun fought the urge to roll her eyes. Her unnies were so out of this world. Only they could come up with a crazy explanation that Yoona was single because she liked women. "What if it's because unnie is too pretty that it becomes a disadvantage." She proposed, remembering Seo Inguk saying something along the same lines. "Because she's so pretty they might think that's she's intimating or stuck up."

"Then they obviously don't know Yoona." Sica said in a dead serious tone to which all the other members nodded in agreement. Besides the occasional prank pulling and the annoying 2nd grader voice, Yoona wouldn't hurt a fly. Let alone a full grown man. 

"It might also have something to do with the SuJu oppas." Sunny theorized. When her members gave her blank stares, Sunny explained, "Think about it, it's a well known fact that SM is a tight family and what's more is that the SuJu oppas absolutely adore Yoong and dot on her when ever they get a chance. Not to mention there's DBSK, Shinee and now the newly added EXO. What man in their right mind would go through that many protective brothers just to get a date with a girl that they hardly know. And there's also us, who will no doubt give the guy the third degree to make sure he won't break Yoong's heart." The girls sat in awe of Sunny's conclusion. Leave it to the smartest one in their group to have it all figured out.

"Sunny's right." Taeyeon agreed, taking control of the group again. "We're going to have to do something about this. I am not about to watch our baby Yoong waste her youth away. She needs a man she can lean on."

"But how?" All of the girls thought long and hard except Seohyun who was the only one to think if this was really necessary? Yoona was a beautiful, intellegent, independent woman, Seohyun was sure that she will find the right man.

"How about setting her up on a blind date?" Hyoyeon suggested.

"Yoona would never go for that and we don't even know who would be willing to go on a date with her." yuri reasoned.

"Who wouldn't want to?" Sica asked as if it was the most ridiculous idea to reject her dongsaeng.

"Sica, You're way too caught up in YoonSic." Sooyoung patted Sica comfortingly on the head. "Besides Soona would happen way before YoonSic." She added cheekily.

"What if we told the guys that Yoona is interested in finding a boyfriend?" Fany suggested.

"Isn't that a little desperate?" Hyoyeon pointed out.

"Unnies, isn't this a bit too much? I'm sure Yoona unnie can find a date on her own." Seohyun inserted, finally voicing her thoughts. 

Taeyeon narrowed her eyes threateningly at the youngest member. "Seohyunnie, now that I think about it, hasn't it been forever since you last went on a date?" The leader smugly when Seohyun squirmed in response. If this project turned out well then Seohyun is definitely up next. Taeyeon thought. "How about we tell them that Yoona is ready to date but shy. So the guys should tell us if they are interested."

"Ooooo I like the sound of that." "I've always wanted to try matchmaking." The girls said at the same time, all excited at the idea all except one. It's the thought that counts right? Seohyun thought meekly

~*~

"Oh wow." Sunny gasped in awe as she stared down at the piece of paper.

"Yeah." The rest of the girls nodded.

"Who would've known?" Fany commented.

"I did, Yoong has always been popular with the boys." Sica said confidently.

"Well this just proves our Yoong isn't the idea girl for nothing." Taeyeon inserted. "So how should we do this."

"Go down the list and see who we like?" Sooyoung suggested. The members shrugged and huddled around the table to look at the piece of paper that was full of male names. 

"Oh my gosh! Donghae oppa is on here. Why is he on here?" Sica shrieked. "And Minho...there's so many boys from our company." She pointed out as she skimmed through the list. Most of the men showed their interest through texts, emails or word of mouth to different members so it was hard to know who was all interested until now.

"Woahhh Jongsuk's on here too." Hyoyeon's eyes widened in shock. Not that she minded but why hasn't she heard about this?

Fany squinted her eyes, skimming through the list. "From the looks of it we've got at least one member from every male group. I'm going to have so much fun playing matchmaker."

"Hey Sica, Baek is even on here." Sooyoung teased, knowing that the ice princess had a small thing for the young Exo vocalist.

"What?!? First my Yoong now my Baek?" Sica huffed, falling into the couch behind her in despair.

"I knew it you like him." Sooyoung grinned smugly. "Don't worry though he told me he's interested in dating someone else in the group."

"Really?" Sica perked up.

"Guys focus." Taeyeon reprimanded. 

"But the list is so long, how are we supposed to pick just one boy."

Sunny pursed her lips, thinking long and hard for a solution. "What if we each picked a person we like and then let Yoong pick?"

"That's...not a bad idea." The kid leader clapped her hands together once. "Everyone pick a man."

~*~

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday deer Yoong, happy birthday to you." Eight members of SNSD sang to the birthday girl in their Japanese dorm. "Make a wish."

Clasping her hands together, Yoona squeezed her eyes shut and with all her mind and soul she wished for one thing. Please let my family and friends be healthy and happy. After repeating it several times, she nodded in approval before opening her eyes and blowing out the candle. 

"Here."  Taeyeon shoved a small rectangular box into Yoona's hands. "A gift from all of us." 

Yoona eyed them suspiciously, what was the hurry? Usual

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter