2010

Summers

 

Summer 2010
Seoul, South Korea

"Okay, that's it," she smiled in satisfaction when she got her stuffs were packed up tidily. 

"Already prepared for leaving?" a voice asked and Sunhwa turned her back. "You don't like living in Seoul?"

Sunhwa smiled. "Jieun," she said. "Of course I like living in Seoul. I love it when I can live with my best friend," she said and made her way to hug the shorter girl. 

Jieun hugged her back. "Then why are you so fired up about going back home?"

"Because I miss my family," Sunhwa answered with a questioning tone. "Well, I like Busan a lot."

Jieun shook her head. "If it's about family, you will be less happier than this," Jieun stated. "Not that I think you don't love your family, but you can go back to Busan in the second week of holiday or so. You don't have to rush." she grinned. "Is this about a boy?"

Sunhwa's eyes widened. "Of course not!"

"Oh, you went back to Busan last year, did you meet someone?" Jieun asked, really excited to hear her best friend's story. "Is he younger? or older? or the same age as us?"

"Wow, wow, why are you so excited? You can't forget about Yongguk, Jieun-ah," she teased, and Jieun pouted. "Okay, okay, I met someone. I met a boy... he's three years younger."

"Han Sunhwa, you got to control your charms there, girl~" Jieun chuckled. "Three years younger? Wow,"

Sunhwa giggled. "Please, we're not in some love relationship." she stated. "He kind of hates me, in fact," Sunhwa smiled, scratching on her head.

"How can a boy hate you? You're beautiful!" Jieun exclaimed.

"Thank you, but well, I think... he's right to hate me," Sunhwa wondered. "It's wrong if you think we met in a beach when I was alone, and he decided to accompany me. No... I hit him with my scooter the first time I saw him." she laughed.

Meanwhile in Busan...

"Achooo!"

"Did you catch summer flu? Well, God bless you, Daehyun-ah,"

"Ah, thanks, Himchan hyung,"

*

Busan, South Korea

"Omona! You really come for me?" Sunhwa asked in surprise when Daehyun appeared in front of her door.

Daehyun nodded. "I'm here to ask you something actually," he bit his lower lip. "You're three years older than me, right?" he asked, and Sunhwa gave him a nod.

"I was born in 90." Sunhwa replied.

"So," he paused. "Help me with my summer homework!"

Sunhwa's eyes widened. "What?"

"If you help me with my homework, I'll accompany you for the rest of the summer!" he said, making a deal. "Please, please, please!"

Sunhwa laughed when she saw how the younger boy acted. Silly, she thought, chuckling to herself. She thought for a little while before nodding. "Okay, I'll help you with your summer homework, but you have to make sure that you can accompany me this whole summer."

"The whole summer? You're kidding me!"

"Then I won't help you,"

"Okay, okay, whole summer that is!"

Sunhwa laughed. "Good," she said. "Now, call me 'noona'!"

Daehyun looked at her in disbelief, but Sunhwa only shrugged. If you don't call me 'noona', I won't help you~ Daehyun was sure that it was all written on her face. He hesitated, he had never called a girl 'noona', because he wasn't the type who hung out with seniors. "Uh.. S, Sun... hwa.. noona," he uttered.

"More clearly, please~"

He rolled his eyes. "Sunhwa.. noona."

Sunhwa smiled in satisfaction. "Okay, I'll help you with your homework."

"Yes!" Daehyun cheered as he turned. "I'll come here with my homework next time!" he exclaimed as he ran out of Sunhwa's house.

"Wait, Daehyun-ah!" she called, but the younger boy had already ran afar. "Ah, we could at least play card before you left..."

*

"Ah, a week of summer vacation is gone and we're still trapped in your homework jungle!" Sunhwa yelled as she stretched her limbs. She laid on the mat as she observed the guy across her, working on his math problems. "Daehyun-ah,  noona is bored, you're not bored? we've been like this for five days. Working on your homework from morning to sun down,"

Daehyun didn't lift his head from his math books. "I'm bored, but I can't leave my homework just like this," he replied, his eyes were still glued on the book. "I've promised to accompany noona the whole summer after I finished all this anyway,"

"Right," Sunhwa nodded as she turned her head to the side, looking at her backyard. The sun in Busan surely shone brightly today, because even when they worked in the patio, summer breeze wasn't the one flowing in. Instead, the hot and dry air of summer flowed in, roasting them, both. Not just that, mosquitos were really annoying this year, more annoying than any other year Daehyun could remember. Because of that, he told Sunhwa to do a double protection, by wearing mosquitos repellant twice.

It had been five days since Daehyun started to come to Sunhwa's house in the morning, then went back when sun down. The only goal he had was to finish all his summer homework before vacation's over. He didn't want to end up like last year when he got punished because he didn't finish all of his homework. They both trapped in Sunhwa's house. Daehyun, who had a big ambition of finishing his homework early, and Sunhwa, the one who was really trapped because she wasn't allowed to take her summer vacation.

Also, it had been five days since Daehyun started to call Sunhwa 'noona'. It wasn't really his idea, but he needed her, and he thought that in order to show that he's grateful, he called her 'noona'. Sunhwa didn't complaint or , but she was happy. Really happy in fact. 

"Daehyun-ah, noona is really bored now! what should I do?" Sunhwa whined, sprawling on the mat.

"Be patient?" Daehyun asked back, but with more of an answering tone. 

Sunhwa sat up as she rested her head on the table, right in front of Daehyun. "If only you don't have any homework, I was about to take you out to Nampo-dong,"

"What are we going to do there?" he asked.

Sunhwa shrugged. "I'm going to shop, eat, play, just have fun, and you're going to.. accompany me."

"Just accompany you?"

"You'll surely have fun like last year." she said, playing with one of Daehyun's pencils. "Haeundae was fun." she said, memorizing.

Daehyun nodded in agreement. Sunhwa could see his faint smile, even when he still had his head down, focusing on his works.

"But you know, Daehyun-ah," Sunhwa said and Daehyun lifted his head up to see her. "Being with you in summers and have fun together, makes me think, are we dating?"

"Ex, excuse me?" his eyes widened and he choked on his own words.

"My best friend also thought that I'm dating a Busan man, which is you. She thought I went home early because I miss you," she paused. "Hm, but we aren't dating, right? I'm here early to fulfill my promise to you, that we're going to meet up in the third day of summer vacation."

"Ri- right!" he answered awkwardly.

Sunhwa smiled. "Because a promise is a promise, am I right, Daehyunnie?"

He nodded shyly as a response.

Sunhwa laughed when he saw how the younger one react. He was so funny. She could see his crimson blood flowing to his head, making his pretty face glowed red. "I'm right," she smiled as she stood up. "You're cute when your face's red."

He quickly covered his face with the towel that was wrapped around his neck. "It's because of the hot weather!" he exclaimed and buried his face into his books.

She stepped out of her patio, into the backyard. Wind started to blow as she once again stretched her limbs. After five hours of sitting and lecturing, she really needed a rest. Then she remembered, someone was still behind her, working ten times heavier than her. When she was already bored and down, he still remained there. 

"Daehyun-ah," she called to the boy, who was dipping his towel into a basin filled with cold or had it gone hot water. "Come here, stand beside noona, the breeze is nice,"

He stepped out of the patio and stood beside her. Closing his eyes as he enjoyed the nice summer breeze they had been waiting for. Oh, how he really needed this.

*

"Here, Daehyun-ah,"

Daehyun turned to his side and found a tray, full of cut fruits and also drinks. "Oh? What is this, noona?"

"Well, you've worked hard these five days, and since I can't give you anything more," she stuck a slice of watermelon into his mouth. "Eat these, a reward from me."

He bit on the watermelon and swallowed it before saying, "Thank you, noona," he smiled. "Now, I'm ready to get this done!"

Sunhwa giggled to his cuteness. "Fighting, Dahyun-ah!" she encouraged him. "Oh, Daehyun-ah, this pile of book, finished or unfinished?" Sunhwa asked.

"Um.. the finished one is on the rightouch!" he turned his head to Sunhwa when he felt a slap on his arm. What is wrong with her? he thought, when he got her smiling for herself.

"It's the last homework, you ididot!" Sunhwa said happily as she once again slapped him in the arm. "Oh my god, tomorrow, let's go to Nampo-dong!"

Daehyun looked down to see his unfinished pile of homework had gone. He already finished them almost all. He would finish all of them if he finished the one he worked on now. "Okay, noona! Let's have fun, tomorrow!" he high-fived with her before continuing his last homework.

*

Daehyun took the last slice of watermelon as they both celebrate the end of 'Jung Daehyun's Homework Jungle'. Both of them were happy. Both of them were free now. Daehyun, who had finished all of his homeworks, and Sunhwa who's allowed to have her summer vacation now. Finally.

"Thanks, noona, you taught me, you helped me, you accompanied me, you gave me food," he said. "Tomorrow, I'll treat you food in Nampo-dong."

Sunhwa cheered as she clapped her hands. "Promise me, Jung Daehyun, you have to treat me tomorrow."

"Ah, noona, I suddenly feel sick," he acted.

"Eii, I'm serious," she hit his chest lightly as both of them laid on the mat. 

Daehyun laughed. "Okay, because promise is a promise." he said. "I'll treat you odeng, and ddeokbokki? How does it sound like?"

"Good," Sunhwa said and turned her head to look at him, and she realized something. "Oh, Daehyun-ah, there's a mosquito on your cheek,"

"Huh? I'm sure I wore the repellant twice,"

"Stay still, I'll get it for you,"

He closed his eyes and Sunhwa was ready to hit the mosquito. One.. two.. threehit! "Ah, it got away," Sunhwa pouted as she saw the mosquito flew.

Daehyun opened his eyes. "Oh, what a pitty," he said, as he realized. Sunhwa's hand was still on his cheek. Her soft, white, pretty hand was still on his cheek! He could feel the warmth of his blood came back to his face as it glowed red.

Sunhwa turned her face back to him. "Did you catch a summer flu?" she asked. "You're kind of warm, and a little bit red," she leans in to check on his temperature, but he quickly sat up straight. "Daehyunnie?"

"No, I'm alright, it's just.. a little bit hot earlier."

"Really? Are you sensitive with the heat? Cause it doesn't seem to be hot anymore,"

Daehyun just shrugged. It was annoying to have your heart thumped like crazy, that you thought anyone could hear it beated. When his friends left him for their girlfriends in summers, that was annoying. Having that mosquito on his cheek earlier wasn't annoying at all. Did Sunhwa's touch did something to him? Or there was something weird going on with him? Because now, mosquitos' buzzes resounded as a symphony in his ear.

"Daehyun-ah, stay still!"

"OUCH!"

"Got it,"


 

©2013, kkkey031110 story

 

Yay! Chapter 2 is posted~~
I'm so happy that I've finally posted this chapter 
( ´ ` )
But... since I will have my end of semester test next week
this is my "goodbye for now" chapter ._.
I'll be posting the third chapter later, sorry ;_;

Anyway, please continue to support me.
As always, by commenting and subscribing

Support me, and I'll surely be back! I'll kiss you all goodbye for now~ :*