Doyoon 2

seventeen scenes - oneshot request shop

 

“Doyoon is looking at you again,”

 

“You mean the egoistical, spineless, self-centered, spoiled little-“

 

“Yes, him,” Junghyuk’s best friend, Minhee, chuckled as she said it. She never understood why her best friend hated Jang Doyoon, the most popular boy in class. Well, Junghyuk’s reason was simple: She just did.

 

“Come on Jung, it’s rare that he looks at any girl for a long time!” Minhee exclaimed, jabbing her friend a hundred times while her eyes were trained on Doyoon, who was sending sly glances at Junghyuk, who of course, ignored.

 

“Minhee, if you would let me finish the homework our teacher gave us yesterday-“

 

“Hi Jungbear!” Doyoon greeted as he abandoned his friends, sitting by Junghyuk who gripped her pencil hard enough to make her knuckles white, her teeth grinding against each other at the sound of Doyoon’s voice.

 

“I will be leaving now!” Minhee announced in an embarrassingly loud voice, smiling encouragingly at Junghyuk before leaving the two together. She shouldn’t have done that, unless she wanted World War III to break out in a small, overcrowded classroom.

 

“So Junghyukie-“

 

“Don’t call me that,” Junghyuk immediately hissed, glaring at the paper she was writing on. She continued to write as Doyoon sighed dramatically.

 

“Ah Jungbear, I only wanted to tell you that-“
 

“Can you leave me alone?! You always bug me when all I was to you just another girl you played with!” Junghyuk finally burst out, scowling at the boy in front of her as the classroom continued their endless and loud chatter, thank gosh for that.

 

Doyoon blinked at her sudden outburst. He never pushed her to this limit yet.

 

“Junghyukie-“

 

“I told you not to call me that,” Junghyuk snapped quietly before gathering her things and standing up. Without a backward glance, she was about to walk away when her wrist was caught by Doyoon.

 

“I didn’t mean to anger you, Jungbear. All I wanted was to talk to you,” Doyoon said sadly as Junghyuk yanked her wrist out of Doyoon’s hold, not saying a word as she continued to walk away from him and to Minhee who was in the back of the class.

 

“So~ how’d it go?” Minhee asked happily, bumping shoulders with her friend. Junghyuk sighed and remained silent, a few of the memories surfacing in her mind. The memories that comprised of she stealing glances of Doyoon, she peeking at Doyoon in his classroom back in sophomore year, and she and Doyoon talking everyday.

 

All those memories she treasured, but it hurt her everyday she had to see his face. The face that could mend and break her heart in a snap of a finger.

 

“Junghyuk, maybe he wants to talk-“

 

“Maybe he wants to talk about his girlfriends, Minhee. I, however, am focused on my studies now. The hell with Doyoon,” Junghyuk growled, resuming to writing her essay. Minhee sighed and patted her friends’ head in pity.

 

“That’s not what you said when you came to me everyday last year, telling me all about how Doyoon’s hair was too perfect today.”

 

~.~

 

“Minhee, I’ll be going home first, okay?” Junghyuk bid as the bell rang, the students getting up to clean the classroom. Minhee laughed as she got a dustpan and broom from the back of the classroom.

 

“Escaping cleaning again?”

 

“Homework, and mom needs my help with dinner,” Junghyuk responded with a apologetic tone, pouting as cutely as she could. Minhee laughed and dismissed Junghyuk with a wave of her hand. Junghyuk smiled and gathered her backpack and school books. She slipped out of her classroom discreetly, patting herself mentally in the back for not cleaning today. She was dead tired.

 

She looked around the hall and stopped for a moment, confused.

 

It was usually packed with students finding or borrowing brooms from other classrooms, or teachers milling around. But there was neither student nor teacher in sight. Weird.

 

Junghyuk shrugged it off and continued walking, pushing the doors that led outside the school.

 

And what lay in front of her was the biggest surprise she had had in her whole life.

 

There, in the school yard, was most of the students all gathered around a large white teddy bear holding chocolates and flowers in each of its hands. Junghyuk’s hand went immediately to her hands, her eyes widening. It was her first time receiving something like this.

 

“You’re so lucky Junghyuk!”

 

“Wah, she better say yes!”

 

“He’s doing this for you, Junghyuk!” The students suddenly told me as I walked down the steps slowly, as if in a trance. Just then, the huge white bear started moving as the girls squealed, the guys hooting.

 

They made way for the bear, and from what she can see, someone was covering themselves with it. Junghyuk chuckled breathlessly as she saw the familiar grey shoes coming towards her. The bear stopped just in front of her.

 

“Hi Jungbear! I am Dobear! Your new teddy bear! Doyoon is too cowardly and shy to do this in front of you, especially when he humiliated you in front of the school,” the bear started to talk in a high pitched voice as Junghyuk smiled.

 

“But Doyoon really is sorry! He didn’t know what he was thinking, thus concludes he’s the world’s biggest idiot. He did all of this just to say sorry to you. That idiot understands if you don’t want him back. He just wants to say he still loves you, and he’s sorry.” The bear explained as I chuckled, moving the head of the bear to reveal a red faced Doyoon.

 

“Also…Dobear really wants you back. He really loves you, Jungbear. But because of what he did, he doesn’t know if the smartest girl in class who’s stubbornly cute would still like him back,” Doyoon said sweetly, hanging his head down. Junghyuk started to tear up. Here was the boy she has liked ever since freshman year, telling her he loves her.

 

“Yah Dobear,” Junghyuk finally spoke, her voice tight because of the tears spilling. Doyoon’s eyes widened in fright.

 

“Y-Yes?”

 

“What ‘yes’? Shouldn’t you add a Jungbear somewhere in there?” Junghyuk joked as Doyoon smiled triumphantly, setting the bear down lightly, spreading his arms wide. Junghyuk immediately rushed into them, releasing all her pent up frustration through her hug and tears.

 

“Sshh, Dobear is here, and he will never leave his Jungbear. Ever,” Doyoon whispered warmly as Junghyuk’s heart rate sped up a bit. She pulled away and sniffled, wiping away her tears.

 

“Thank you Doyoon.”

 

“No, Junghyuk. Thank you. Is it too early to say I love you?” Doyoon asked, half joking as Junghyuk chuckled, shrugging.

 

“Why don’t we find out?” Junghyuk leaned in and pecked Doyoon’s cheek, making the other blush as his heart rate sped up as well.

 

Ah, it’s great to have Jungbear back in my arms.

 


I hoped you liked this iliketofu14!