Wonwoo

seventeen scenes - oneshot request shop

”Are you sure about this Wonwoo? Your voice isn’t too good right now. It’s quite sore, from what I heard. I think you should do this a little later,” Soonyoung tried to advice, but Wonwoo shook his head, looking at his hyung seriously as if he stole his secret stash of chicken nuggets.

 

Soonyoung sighed, and tilted his head to one side, glancing at Jung Ria who was talking and playing with Samuel, smiling. Soonyoung glanced back at Wonwoo to see his eyes glued on Ria. Moony eyes to be accurate. Soonyoung raised an eyebrow and slapped Wonwoo lightly, enough to make him look at his hyung again, but this time, with an annoyed expression.

 

Soonyoung jabbed a finger at Ria’s direction.
 

“I’m sure Ria can wait. She’s a patient girl. What? Today’s the day? You say that everyday. Now don’t you lie to me, you charmer! Are you serious? Absolutely sure? Positively- OW!” Wonwoo flicked his hyung’s forehead, just to shut the chatterbox Soonyoung up.

 

Soonyoung rubbed his new injury while pouting.

 

“Fine, we’ll do it now. But my voice isn’t too good now too. You’ll be singing Baekhyun and D.O sunbaes’ part alone, okay? I’ll ready the lights.” And with that, chatterbox Soonyoung (who was still nursing his poor forehead) went over to Seungcheol and Doyoon to tell Wonwoo about his plan.

 

Wonwoo, instead of testing out his voice, just ran over the lyrics in his head. Ever since he listened to it, he has fallen in love with the song, even though it’s incomplete.

 

Like…how he fell in love with Jung Ria.

 

Wonwoo blushed like a child at the mention of her name in his mind. He was always shy around her, but today was the day. The D-Day to be exact. Wonwoo glanced at Seungcheol and saw that he was given a thumbs up. The lights, chair and giant teddy bear was ready.

 

Wonwoo gulped (painfully) and stood up from the floor, going to the middle of the practice room where Ria and Samuel is. Samuel saw his hyung and immediately understood. Samuel bid goodbye to Ria and rushed off.

 

“Hey, why did Sam go? Oh Woo, what are you doing? Is your voice alright?” Ria asked in concern, knitting her eyebrows together that Wonwoo found too cute. Wonwoo nodded and snapped his fingers.

 

Just then, the lights dimmed and Ria was lifted up by Seungcheol and Doyoon, the two seating her in a chair.

 

“Hey, what’s going on? And, oh!” Ria exclaimed as Soonyoung put on a handmade crown (credits to Wonwoo and Hansol), also giving Ria a giant white teddy bear with a hearty wink.

 

Ria couldn’t believe her eyes. What the heck was Wonwoo, her best friend (and crush), doing? Whatever he was doing, it was sure making Ria happy. Too happy for words.

 

Just then, a CD started playing, piano music evident in the air. Wonwoo opened up his mouth and hoped for the best, letting out his first note.

 

He sang Baby Don’t Cry by EXO K.

 

It wasn’t perfect. His voice kept cracking, and he was off tune. It was because Ria was smiling in front of him. Wonwoo blushed and discontinued his singing, looking at his shoes sheepishly.

 

He thought it was all over, and that he should just eat chicken nuggets, but then he felt his hand touch something warm. He looked up to see Ria inches from him, smiling gently like an angel. Wonwoo blinked in confusion.

 

Ria held both his hands tightly and took a deep breathe.

 

“Shall we sing this together?” Ria asked softly as Wonwoo nodded almost immediately. The piano music started playing again, and Wonwoo sang the first line again.

 

This time, it was perfect. Wonwoo and Ria’s voice blended so well in the chorus. Their emotions displayed in front of them as they held hands, belting out the words with such clarity and sincerity that both of them were in near tears in the end.

 

“Wonwoo – why?” Ria asked in contentment, slightly sobbing. Wonwoo chuckled and wiped the tears off Ria’s rosy cheeks. He held her shoulders gently turned her around.

 

Ria gasped at what she saw.

 

It was all of the Seventeen members assembled together, and in the middle of them was a large stand up cardboard with Wonwoo and Ria’s memories on it. Pictures of them feeding each other ice cream, notes of them from each other, and a large cardboard cut out of Ria and Wonwoo’s faces blushing right in the middle of the cardboard.

 

Ria brought her hands to , more tears spilling.

 

“Hyung’s confession isn’t over yet. Listen please.” Hansol played the CD player in front of them, and Wonwoo’s voice came out.

 

“Hi Shorty Ri. This is your Giant Woo speaking. Is it weird I find you so cute even though you’re short? Haha, no offense Ria. Anyways, I recorded this for the day I’ll confess to you. I know I could’ve said it in person, but I had a lot of vocal lessons, and I knew my voice would be sore in a few days. And because this is probably playing, I’m right. Ria, I love you. I’m saying it without doubt. The way you wrinkle your nose because you see ice cream, and the reason is because you’re lactose intolerant. The way the right corner of your mouth tilts up when you see a puppy because you love them. And the way you beam when you talk me has entered this soft heart of mine, and meddled with it.”

 

Ria was turned back to face Wonwoo. Ria was still crying freely, but Wonwoo wasn’t going to stop now.

 

He mouthed the next words perfectly, “All the little details, I fell in love with. Your smile, your freckles, your laugh which you always find horrible, but is actually cute. But most of all…I fell in love with you, Jung Ria. Now Jeon Wonwoo is asking a very hard question that required a lot of persuading, and it included threatening to burn his stash of chicken nuggets.”

 

Wonwoo leaned in near Ria, his forehead touching hers.

 

“Will you be my girlfriend?” Wonwoo asked, his voice cracking in the end. Ria squealed and hugged Wonwoo tight around the waist, burying her head on his chest.

 

This was the best day ever, ever since Ria got Wonwoo obsessed with chicken nuggets.

 

“Is that a yes?” Wonwoo asked croakily as Ria pulled away happily. She was about to retort, when she sneezed loudly, Seventeen laughing as Wonwoo chuckled.

 

“That was the most creative response yet, Jung Ria,” Wonwoo commented as Ria blushed at her embarrassing moment.

 

“And this is why I love you.”

 

“Right back atcha Woo.”

 

The two finally leaned in until their lips met. Did fireworks burst in their heads? Heck no.

 

Lots of chicken nuggets showed up in their minds. And that just made the long awaited kiss ten times better. 


I hoped you liked this one RiaZzing_98! This is personally my favorite :3