Doyoon

seventeen scenes - oneshot request shop

“It’s your entire fault,”

 

“Oh shut up, you troublemaker, you got us into this mess!”

 

“Psh, as if! If it weren’t for you-“

 

“KIDS!” Ms. Park finally halted the never ending argument between Woo Minyoung and Jang Doyoon. Even though they’re full grown juniors, they act more childish than kindergarteners.

 

“He started it first,” Minyoung muttered, crossing her arms over chest gruffly before turning away from Doyoon who did the same.

 

“Okay, you two will paint the trees for our play next week as detention.” Ms. Park motioned to the dozen trees that were displayed on the stage, ready to be painted. Minyoung and Doyoon’s jaw dropped as they studied the numerous unpainted trees.

 

“We’re going to paint all of them?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?! It will take us days to paint all of that!” Doyoon immediately complained, staring incredulously at Ms. Park who smiled triumphantly.

 

Doyoon, in his entire life, never wanted to spend days with his archenemy, Woo Minyoung. That was like forcing a cat and a dog to be friends. It’s impossible.

 

“Then I suggest you both start now.” And with that, Ms. Park strutted away as Minyoung Doyoon scoffed in disbelief.

 

“You get the right side,”

 

“I want to left side! It’s lesser!”

 

“No it isn’t!”

 

“Yes it is!”

 

“Ugh, SHUT UP!”

 

After a few minutes of arguing, they finally decided to divide the trees into, five for Minyoung and five for Doyoon. They worked quietly for a few minutes, Minyoung concentrating hard in making it perfect as Doyoon worked hard to get everything done quickly.

 

“Yah, should we make this a contest?” Doyoon asked Minyoung mischievously as Minyoung looked up curiously.

 

“How?”

 

“Whoever finishes first, wins!” Doyoon announced happily as Minyoung laughed a bit. Even if he was her enemy, he looked cute with a little bit of green paint smudged on his right cheek.

 

“Alright, I agree. START!” Minyoung started to paint faster as Doyoon literally splashed the brown paint on the trunk and started spreading it all over.

 

“YAH! No fair!”

 

“No rules!”

 

“Ugh,” Minyoung groaned as she painted faster. She was on her third three as Doyoon was already in the middle of painting his fourth, thanks to just splashing paint all over the tree.

 

“Doyoon oppa! Don’t cheat!” Minyoung surprisingly pleaded as Doyoon halted for a moment when Minyoung called him. He blinked confusedly at the girl two feet beside him.

 

“Did you call me…oppa?”

 

“Yeah, aren’t you older than me?” Minyoung asked nervously, not meeting his gaze as she shuffled her feet. In all truth, she didn’t know why she called him oppa. It sounded natural.

 

“Oh. Yeah, I am. Doyoon oppa it is!” Doyoon agreed, laughing as Minyoung let out her own bark of laughter.

 

Doyoon finished painting first, jumping and hooting in victory as Minyoung smiled mischievously. Sure he won, but she’ll have the last laugh.

 

“How does defeat feel like, Minyoung-ah?! You lost!” Doyoon yelled as Minyoung chuckled, taking a step near him, careful to cover her hands.

 

“Oh, it feels weird. I always win, but I guess you had your chance here. Congratulations, Doyoon oppa.” Minyoung smiled innocently, holding Doyoon’s gaze as she extended her right hand for him to shake.

 

He smiled and shook her hand, withdrawing it as Minyoung laughed out loud.

 

“Oh, you won alright! CONGRATS!” Minyoung shouted as Doyoon looked at his hand filed with brown paint that didn’t all match his skin. He looked up playfully at Minyoung who was still smiling in victory.

 

“Oh, you’re so asking for a paint fight!” Doyoon yelled childishly as he got a bucket of paint and a large paintbrush. He dipped it in the green color and started spraying it at Minyoung who ran, trying to shield herself. While running, she got a bucket of brown paint.

 

“Be ready Jang Doyoon!” Minyoung shouted in defiance as she threw the whole paint bucket at Doyoon who was still holding the green one. He looked up and down at himself, shocked that he was covered in brown paint.

 

He met Minyoung’s gaze and narrowed his eyes.

 

“You think you’re going away that easily, kiddo? Face the wrath of King Doyoon! HIYA!” Doyoon started to chase Minyoung with the bucket, but instead of spraying her, he had another idea.

 

He ran up the stairs, making sure Minyoung didn’t notice. He attached the paint bucket to the other end of the rope and waited for Minyoung to stand right under it.

 

Doyoon grinned as he saw Minyoung turn around in a circle as she kept on finding Doyoon. Doyoon pulled the rope that tilted the green paint, spilling all over Minyoung who cried out.

 

“JANG DOYOON!” Minyoung screamed as she felt paint go all over her, along with the sound of Doyoon’s laughter that made her laugh too. She turned around and saw Doyoon with his hands in his pockets, walking over to Minyoung while half smiling that Minyoung found too cute and attractive.

 

Soon, Doyoon stood in front of Minyoung, both covered in green and brown.

 

“Good game,” Minyoung stated happily as she patted Doyoon’s shoulder. Doyoon chuckled, shaking his head.

 

“You know what? I’m glad you’re my detention partner kiddo,”

 

“Me too oppa,”

 

“Hug?” Doyoon asked unexpectedly as Minyoung blinked in confusion. Doyoon rolled his eyes playfully and hugged Minyoung, green mixing with brown.

 

“Are you going to skip detention tomorrow?” Doyoon asked softly, his breathe tickling Minyoung’s ear.

 

“Wouldn’t miss it for anything,”

 

“Even for ice cream?”

 

Well-“

 

“Oh yeah,, right.”

 

“Yah! Doyoon oppa!” Minyoung scolded, pulling out of the hug and hitting Doyoon’s chest childishly. She bit her lip to keep her smile in as she gazed at Doyoon who looked down at her. She instinctively leaned in and planted a kiss on his cheek, and since her lips were green, a green mark was left.

 

“Don’t be late,” Minyoung warned as Doyoon nodded, smiling his eyesmile.

 

“What – did – you – two – do?!” Doyoon and Minyoung both looked at Ms. Park’s direction and laughed.

 

Oh Ms. Park, if only you knew. 


I hoped you liked it nightStar! :)