Chapter 3

어쩜 좋아 (Oh, Great!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As clichéd as it sounds, time seemed to pause when the girl looked up at Yoona and she felt her face burning up for some reason. A queasy feeling started to form in her tummy and she felt her pulse accelerate.

 

Yoona seemed to have lost any and all ability to think coherent thoughts. She attempted to open to speak but nothing came out, not even the tiniest of squeaks. She must have blanked out for a few moments there because the next thing she knew, the girl was right in front of her, waving a hand in her face. Goodness, she looked even more flawless up close.

 

Perfect brows, eyes, nose, cheeks, lips, and hair. Perfect everything… there was nearly too much perfection for Yoona to take in.

 

“Are you alright?” The girl spoke for the first time. Her voice was delicate, crisp, and clear.

 

“I’m… I’m fine.” Yoona managed, trying to catch her breath. What in the world was the matter with her?

 

“You’re adorable. Come have a seat.” The girl giggled before taking Yoona’s hand and leading her to the chair in front of the desk. The mere contact sent jolts through Yoona’s entire being and she quickly pulled away, plopping herself down onto the chair at once.

 

“So… Yoona, right?” The girl settled down opposite her.

 

“Huh?” Yoona was obviously still spacing out.

 

“Your name, silly.” Another giggle.

 

“Uh… yeah.” Yoona scratched the back of her neck in an awkward manner before staring down at her fingers. Did she actually forget her own name? Stupid.

 

“Mm… I heard you just moved in last night but you’re already leaving?” There was something about this girl’s voice that made Yoona feel as though she could listen to her speak all day long.

 

“I’m so sorry, Miss Jung, I--"

 

“Jessica.” The girl interrupted.

 

“Huh?” Yoona looked up at once.

 

“Jess, Jessi, Sica… take your pick. Anything but Miss Jung, please.” Jessica clarified.

 

“But don’t all your servants call you that?” Yoona questioned, trying not to sound rude.

 

“I know. My dad makes them. It’s annoying.” Jessica shrugged.

 

“Okay, maybe she isn’t all that bad… wait what? No, Yoona! You’re supposed to leave tonight.” Yoona inwardly cursed herself for even harboring the thought of staying.

 

“I don’t wanna interfere but is there a reason why you’re leaving so soon? Perhaps it’s the color of the room? Many guests have mentioned that they had a problem with that. I'm looking at getting it repainted this weekend.” Jessica continued when she sensed that the still atmosphere was making Yoona uncomfortable.

 

“No, it’s not that… I just…” Yoona stopped short. Jessica was really nice but Yoona couldn’t help but think that it was just a front, like how all those es back in high school behaved. The sheer thought of it made her blood boil.

 

“Or maybe--"

 

“Do you really need to know the reason? Because I don’t think I’m in the mood to talk about it.” Yoona was surprised at her own hostile reaction. She expected Jessica to unleash her inner there and then, and to start going on about how rude her tone was and stuff like that.

 

“I’m sorry.” Yoona felt a pang of guilt hit her when she heard the words from the other girl’s mouth. She knew full well that she herself, of all people, should be the one apologizing.

 

“No, please don’t be. I don’t know what came over me. I… I’m gonna go now.” Yoona stood up abruptly and made a run for the door before Jessica could say anything else.

 

-----

 

Yoona rushed right past the servants and out through the front door of the apartment until she reached a nearby bus stop. After taking a bit of time to catch her breath, a thought struck her.

 

“Holy… my suitcase…” She buried her face in her palms and shook her head profusely. She could be so careless sometimes. Going back now was totally out of the question. Yoona couldn’t imagine the embarrassment she would have to go through.

 

Meanwhile, back at the apartment…

 

“Miss Jung! I think that girl left this behind…” One of the servants held up a tattered, black nylon suitcase.

 

“Oh, gosh… she must be looking for it.” Jessica felt even more blameworthy for what just happened.

 

“She couldn’t have gone far. I’ll go look for her.” The servant suggested at once and turned to leave.

 

“You know what, allow me.” Jessica grabbed her coat off the rack and draped it over herself.

 

“Are you sure, Miss Jung? I’m not sure your father would approve of this. I think it would be better if I went instead.”

 

“I’m the reason she left in such a hurry. This is the least I can do. And please don’t ever let daddy find out. I’ll be right back.” Jessica retrieved the piece of luggage from her servant before hurrying off.

 

After several minutes of scouring the prem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter