Chapter 15

어쩜 좋아 (Oh, Great!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Note: In case AFF automatically marks this chapter again, it's NOT rated. Thank you~ o_o

 

Yoona nodded affirmatively to herself as she attentively kept an eye on Taeyeon through the glass door panels of the bookstore on the second level of the school campus. The girl appeared to be occupied with the wide array of magazines on display, occasionally grabbing one or two to leaf through briefly.

 

Yoona leaned against the metal railing behind her as she waited calmly, taking the time to go through all she wanted to say. Taeyeon eventually finished browsing, and just as she stepped out of the bookstore, Yoona marched over in huge strides. The girl was almost in shock at the sight of her, digging through her memory at once and wondering what she did wrong this time.

 

“I’m sorry I told her… maybe I shouldn’t have but I just needed--"

 

“Hey, hey, it’s okay. Listen, Taeyeon, I’m not here to do what I did the other day. In point of fact, I’m here to apologize for the way I behaved that time.”

 

Taeyeon could only blink her eyes as she continued looking at the taller girl, utterly deadpan. Yoona couldn’t exactly read what the girl was feeling but went on anyways.

 

“It was wrong of me to have affronted you all of a sudden. You did nothing wrong. I was way out of line. I’m sorry.” Strangely enough, it felt good to be facing up to her own mistakes, and Yoona somehow sensed that her confidence had expanded there and then.

 

“Well, I guess it was partially my fault as well. I apologize if whatever I did caused any tension between Jessica and yourself. I didn’t know there was already something going on between the both of you…” The shorter girl sounded so remorseful that it led to Yoona feeling a little guilty.

 

“Please don’t feel repentant. It had nothing to do with you at all. I shouldn’t have interfered with whatever was going on between you and her. It really was none of my business. I was the one who messed things up, and that’s the reason why I’m here to clear the air. So if you’d allow me to, I apologize once again.”

 

“Ah, it’s nothing! If it does make you feel better, I never took offense. I was just a little confused, that’s all.” Taeyeon was still a little taken aback at Yoona’s sudden attitude adjustment, but she was pleased and relieved for the most part.

 

“Can we be friends then? I could use a lunchtime buddy.” Yoona offered. She recalled seeing the girl having meals by herself most of the time.

 

“That… that would be wonderful. Yoona, thank you so much.” Taeyeon looked as though she was gonna burst into tears any moment.

 

“Nah. Thank you, Taeyeon. For taking care of Jessica the other day and for whatever you’ve done for her.”

 

“Wait, I’m still allowed to have a crush on her, right?” The girl answered smiling.

 

When Yoona’s face turned serious instantly, Taeyeon swiftly blurted, “Okay, I get it. Just checking.”

 

At the assurance, Yoona grinned before adding, “You know, just the other day, Yuri was telling me about how cute you looked in that Mickey tank top.”

 

“Yuri? The girl who’s always hanging out with you during lectures and breaks?” Taeyeon, who seemed to have a renewed sense of purpose, looked almost delighted that somebody might actually be crushing on her.

 

Yoona nodded shortly with a small “Mhm”.

 

“Come to think of it, she is really pretty…”

 

“Well, if you want, I could, you know, acquaint the both of you… It really isn’t that big a deal, it’s just being friends… if you want.”

 

“Really Yoona? You’d do that?” Taeyeon’s face lit up even brighter at her suggestion.

 

“Why not?”

 

“That would be awesome.”

 

“Cool! Um, why don’t you join us for lunch tomorrow after Sociology?” Yoona mentally ran through the timetable for the next day before commenting.

 

“Tomorrow after Sociology is perfect.” The girl’s smile was unwavering.

 

“Great! Guess we’ll see you then.” Yoona beamed at the thought of playing matchmaker. Yuri would be thoroughly pleased.

 

“Thank you so much, Yoona. I’ll see you tomorrow.” The delighted Taeyeon bowed a little in gratitude, and Yoona turned to leave after a quick wave of her hand.

 

“Oh, Yoona, before I forget!”

 

“Yes?” The taller girl swerved round once more to meet the girl’s eyes.

 

“You probably wouldn’t need me to say this but you’re really lucky. And I sincerely wish for you every bit of happiness in the world with Jessica.” Taeyeon wore an earnest expression as she spoke.

 

“I know. Thanks. That means a lot.” Yoona smiled in return.

 

“One last thing! What do you call it when a dinosaur crashes his car?” Taeyeon’s eyes gleamed playfully as she spoke.

 

“Umm… no clue. What do you call it?” Yoona responded moments later.

 

“If you wanna find out, stay tuned during lunch tomorrow! Goodbye for now!” The adorable girl flashed her polished molars once more before hurrying off.

 

“Oh, boy… what exactly is it?” With her interest ignited, Yoona mumbled a list of possible answers to herself incoherently as she made her own way off.

 

-----

 

“Jagiya!” Jessica called from afar as she half-walked, half-skipped towards the taller girl, who was waiting for her near the school gate. She seemed to really love calling her girlfriend that after the incident at the restaurant, and Yoona had absolutely nothing to complain about.

 

As Yoona grinned at the sight of the girl, she could not help noticing how some irritating students were making odd faces and whispering to one another whilst staring.

 

“Baby, did you miss me?” When Jessica approached her, Yoona purposefully kissed the girl, refusing to budge until Jessica pulled away. She threw the gaping faces a conceited look, and as if on cue, they hurried off quicker than lightning.

 

“Not at all!” Jessica replied humorously as she watched Yoona’s face for her reaction. The girl didn’t seem to buy what she said, however.

 

“Very funny.” Yoona brought her fingers to the girl’s cheek and gave it a jaunty squeeze. Jessica grinned and inherently s an arm around her girlfriend’s skinny waist, pulling her in closer as they made their way towards the subway station.

 

When they were almost there, they ran into somebody whom Jessica really did not want to see. Sooyoung – along with her newfound “gang”, which comprised of two other girls. The trio had become an eyesore on campus almost instantly ever since they formed, constantly strutting around and acting as though they owned the place.

 

Jessica’s clutch on Yoona’s waist tightened as they neared the girls. She had every intention of ignoring them like how she always did whenever they crossed paths on school grounds. Sooyoung, on the other hand, was planning on something different that very day. There was a devilish smirk on her face which said it all. As the couple attempted to shun the group along the rather narrow path, Sooyoung deliberately shoved her elbow into Jessica’s shoulder, causing the girl to lose her balance.

 

Shrill cackles rang out at once as Jessica hit the ground, grazing her left knee in the process. This only served to invoke Yoona’s wrath as she bent down to pick the girl up immediately.

 

“What was that for?” Yoona stared the cocky girl down intently as she demanded.

 

“Aww, look guys… the pauper’s sticking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter