Chapter 2

어쩜 좋아 (Oh, Great!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona awoke from a stream of sunlight shining directly at her as she sat up slowly and tried to block her tired eyes from the blinding rays.

 

Instinctively, she glanced down at the watch on her wrist and realized it was already past noon. She almost screamed but managed to suppress it, still vaguely aware that she was in a foreign area.

 

“This is not good. Oh my God. Why did I have to forget to set an alarm?” Yoona slapped herself on the forehead as she sprung up from the bed at once, rummaging through her small suitcase for something appropriate to wear to school.

 

Minutes later, she sped out of her room, backpack ped, comb in hand, desperately trying to get her hair into a neat ponytail but to no avail.

 

“Good morning, Miss Yoona.” The same servant from last night greeted with a bow.

 

Upon noticing the surprised look on the girl’s face, the servant quickly corrected herself, “I mean, Yoona. My apologies, we are just not used to calling guests by their first names.”

 

“Sure, no problem. Oh anyways, I um, kinda need to move out tonight.” Yoona uttered, finally done with her hair.

 

“What’s wrong? Is it the rent? Is it too much for you?” The attendant asked, slightly concerned.

 

“No, it’s not that. In fact, I really appreciate the good price.” The girl replied.

 

“Does the room not suit you? Do you feel uncomfortable in it?”

 

“No, it’s not that either. You know, I’m kinda running late for class. Do you mind informing Miss Jung and also sending my thanks?” Yoona took large strides towards the front door and started putting her sneakers on.

 

“Um, there is one tiny problem.” The helper responded.

 

“What’s that?”

 

“Well, Miss Jung has insisted that she wants to meet all her guests before they leave. Just to find out what they liked or disliked about the place.”

 

“Seriously? Uh… I really don’t think that’s necessary…” Yoona stood up and got ready to leave.

 

“Please Miss… I mean, Yoona. Miss Jung is a really pleasant girl, don’t worry.”

 

Yoona bit her bottom lip in contemplation. She somehow found that really hard to believe. Rich people are seldom pleasant, at least from her past experiences. The words “rich” and “pleasant” just don’t seem to mash well together.

 

Not wanting to make the situation awkward and difficult, however, Yoona briefly nodded. “So, can I see her now? Make it a really quick one?”

 

“Miss Jung is currently at school. She will be back in the evening. Perhaps you could meet her then.”

 

“I guess that’ll just have to do. Alright.” Yoona agreed.

 

“Ah yes, Yoona. Which school do you attend? Also, what time does school finish for you today?” The servant questioned.

 

“Why?”

 

“The chauffeur will send you to and from school. Instructions from Miss Jung.” The servant finished with a smile.

 

“Thank you so much but I’m pretty comfortable with taking the subway.” Yoona refused as politely as she could. This Miss Jung really was something. She was like the epitome of a princess. Yoona secretly wondered if this mysterious girl had even seen a subway in her life.

 

-----

 

“Hey Yoongie, over here!” A girl with straight black hair beckoned to Yoona as she entered the lecture theatre.

 

“Hey Yuri. That a new top you got?” Yoona’s lips tugged into a smile at the sight of her best friend as she briskly settled down beside her.

 

“Yeah, it was quite a bargain and it had Mickey on it so…” Yuri stuck her tongue out and shrugged.

 

“Mickey! Of course.”

 

“Anyways, what happened in the morning? You missed Psychology again.” Yuri inquired, spinning the ballpoint pen in her hand.

 

“I know. Things got rough last night. I got kicked out.” Yoona punctuated her sentence with a casual pout.

 

“What? Damn that Mrs. Kim! Seriously, that old hag has issues! Did you try to explain yourself?” Yuri’s eyes widened

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter