Eleven

The Guardian's Tale

''Oh, c'mon! Just wear it!''

 

''It's emasculating!''

 

''Says who?''

 

''Yours truly!''

 

''No one's going to know about it!''

 

''But...''

 

''Please~?''

 

''...fine!''

 

Hayi squealed when he agreed, setting him down on the scratchy grass. The tops of the grass were crowned almost ceremoniously with wildflowers- daisies, pansies, daffodils and dandelions making most of the meadow. A few feet away were the peonies, turlips, forget-me-nots and chrysanthemums.

 

While he was searching for edible berries, in order to pass the time, she had twined stalk after stalk of the wildgrass in her hands, including little flowers to make a garland. She had made one for herself before making another for him.

 

While hers sported daisies, peonies and daffodils, his was comprised of pansies and dandelions to bring out the darkness of his eyes.

 

Zelo sat meekly when she sat the garland on his raven locks tipped with grey, her deft and nimble fingers smoothing out his bedhair so that the flowery ensemble could sit prettily on his head.

 

They bit in to the juicy raspberries, Hayi breaking in to a fit of giggles when a little bit of the pink juice fell on to his clothes. They both ate the raspberries quite differently; Zelo would pop the entire thing in his mouth whie Hayi carefully tried to pick apart the little baubles of juice, only to have it burst on her fingers. In the end, she resorted to Zelo's way, her lips pulling in to a pout.

 

The blueberries, however, were pretty sour. Both of them had to endure the other making sour faces, laughter never dying on their lips. They finished these quite quickly, almost cringing.

 

The blackberries went the same way the blueberries did. Both of them lay down on the soft grass right after, their arms encircled around one another. Hayi had fallen asleep a little beofre sunset and Zelo watched her fascinatedly until she woke.

 

''Zelo?'', she called out when her eyes fluttered open. He immediately responded, bringing his face closer to hers so that their noses touched. ''I'm right here, love.'', he soothed her, kissing her blonde head. ''Could we go back and get our belongings?'', she asked, sitting up. He mirrored her actions before looking at her symphathtically.

 

''In a few hours, okay? Until I'm sure no one is following us.'', he reasoned, cupping her cheeks in his hands affectionately. ''But we can't stay at a barn until then. We need to find someone who would take us in for a few days. Atleast.''

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

''Of course we'll let you stay! What kind of a question is that?!'', Dara exclaimed, holding Hayi close to her. Zelo had just asked her to stay until dawn and she had offered her hospitality for more than a fortnight. Jiyong had happily obliged as well, handing over their three-year-old daughter to Dara in order to talk to Zelo.

 

Hayi observed her surroundings with much interest. Everything from the floor to the roof was wood, pelts covering the emptyness. A merry fireplace provided warmth which enveloped the entire room. There were brass pots and pans hung on hooks on the hearth, a mysterious pot of food already bubbling away.

 

It wasn't until Dara had handed over her daughter to Hayi did Zelo look away from his conversation with Jiyong.

 

Miho was every bit her father than her mother. Although she had her mother's looks and dark hair, her personality was completely paternal, from his eye-smile to his mannerisms.

 

Hayi and Miho were glued together; anyone who didn't understand the situation would immediately assume they were related instead of this being their first meeting.

 

Before Hayi knew it, Zelo was grasping her hand softly. ''I'll be back in a few hours, alright?'', he said, staring deep in to her chocolate-brown eyes. Panic and concern flashed across her face.

 

''You're going alone?! At this hour?! We just got here!'', she hissed, worry painting her face while she clutched his hand in a feeble attempt to make him stay. He shook his head and pointed to Jiyong, who was pulling a cloak over his shoulders.

 

''I'm just going to get our belongings, love. Then anywhere we go will feel like home.'', he reasoned, grasping her hand with the same desperateness.

 

''Do you both have any means of protecting yourselves?'', she asked, looking at the two accusingly. ''I've got the dagger and Jiyong's pretty good using the crossbow.'', he indicated, shwoing the crossbow strapped to the latter's hip.

 

That seemed to soothe her, even for a little bit. But when Zelo realized her expression was still pale, her embraced her warmly, lifting her off the ground.

 

''Be safe, okay?'', were the last words she said to him before he left.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here's eleven. ft. daragon and their daughter. ACK. O''''':

comment and subscribe, you guys!

be sure to check out my other stories too, okay? i'm running low on love there. ; _ ;