The Ball

One Heart

Present

Henry took Amber to his mansion not far from their parents cottage. It was beautiful with water fountain at the center of the courtyard about 10 feet high. There was a beautiful park at the back of the mansion filled with flowers-rose, lavender, tulip, and even some flowers that she doesn’t know their names, blooming beautifully even though it’s winter. She remember the mansion. She and Henry were both once a waiter for the Lau family. They often came to the mansion before. 

“How do you get this mansion?” Amber eyes wandered-amazed. The mansion is becoming more beautiful.

“My family heritage.” Henry answered short.

“What? Ah. I forgot. You’re from the Lau Clan.”

Henry just smiled.

“This house is not just a normal house. Isn’t it?”

“Yep. It is enchanted. That explained why..”

“Why the water is flowing and the flower is blooming in winter.” Amber cut off.

“Yep.” Henry annoyed as his talking was being cut.

“You know, hyung. There’s something bothering me.”

“Bo(what)?”

“Why was you being adopted by my family in the first place?”

“I don’t know. I wish I have a clue.” Henry sighed.

“Exactly! So, want to find out?” Amber smiled. Henry recognized that eye glint and that fishy smile.

“You want me to take you to see father, right?”

“Aww!! Please! I have so much to ask him. You did not even bother to say that he’s alive even though we’ve been living together 2 years after they died. We suffered to find food to eat. Don’t you remember we were starving when people know we were once bitten by vampires? They shut their world from us like we were some kind of an evil spirit or something. They even chased us out of the village. I just want to know why he abandoned us just like that. I am his first biological daughter that he get, out of his relationship with his beloved wife. I just don’t get it.”

“Amber, he wasn’t abandoning us. He was there all the time. He was there when we being chased by the villager. He was there when we met Kris and…” Henry stopped as he realized he had told her too much.

“What? He was with us all the time. That 2 year time, he was with us? Including when we were  becoming what we are now?” Amber looked at Henry in disbelief and rage.

Henry turned his head away. He was cursing himself for leaking the secret between he and their father.

“I want to meet dad, brother. Show me where he is? Or should I find him myself?” Amber snatched her satchel that she left on the table as she walked out the mansion. She whistled giving sign to Luna. Upon hearing the call, Luna aroused from her rest and galloped toward Amber.

“No. I would never let you see father.” Henry tried to stop Amber.

“I will find him myself. I don’t need your help. So, bring along you damn body out of my way.”

As Amber tried to walk her way toward Luna, Henry decided to inject some dried daisy dust liquid  into her body.

*daisy drug able to weaken a vampire

“What are you doing?” Amber felt her body heating and started to boil. The liquid injected into her weaken her body.

“Sorry, Sis. I cannot let you  meet him.” Henry hugged her sister weak body.

“You’ve injected daisies into my body? You…”

Amber fainted.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Amber gasped as she opened her eyes. Her head was still dizzy and she can’t move at all. 

“Gwenchaneunde(Are you okay)?” Henry looked at her dearly sister laying helplessly on the bed.

After Amber fainted, Henry carried her upstairs to a room he made just for her if she happened to come back home which explained why he did not leave Mystics Fall like Amber did. He was hoping he could win Amber’s heart back even though Amber clearly did not love him.

“You injected me with Daisies?!!” Amber was in rage as soon she managed to talk.

“I don’t want you to go meet him, Amber. It’s not a good idea for now.” 

“Bo?!! When will it become a good idea then? When will we able to go meet him then? When he die? I’m sorry. He’s a vampire. He’ll never die unless somebody kills him.” said Amber in sarcasm.

“When it is the time, we’ll meet him together. Alright?” Henry sighed. He can’t blame his sister for being so rude. She did not know anything.

“Waegure(why), oppa?” Amber said weakly.

“Waegure, bo(what)?” 

“Why father ran away from us? Why is he hiding? Why I cannot meet him?” 

“I don’t know. Whatever it is, you need to rest. Sleep, sis.”

Amber reluctantly fallen asleep again. Henry gaze weakly at the sight of her sister. He went closer to kiss her when a palm slap him in the face. Ppak!!

“Ya! Don’t think you can kiss me when I’m asleep. Go! Don’t forget to lock the door.” Amber glared.

Henry eyes wide open from the unexpected attack when he was trying to do something humiliating. His cheek burned red. 

“Never expected that from you. Alright, sleep tight Bro.” He can’t stand to stay there any longer after being caught red handed.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 Year 1524

A flaming amber eyes girl with the skin as smooth as silk and as fair as milk was walking down the aisle caught the attention of all the noblemen attended the ball. The sight of the girl with flowing white satin dress with black hair flow down to the waist had successfully made a rich young man from Wu Clan- the richest clan in Mystic Fall, to fall in love with her. 

Kris just can’t stop looking at Amber that night. As for Amber, she was inexperienced attending a ball as she was just from a normal family. She worked as one of the private maid for Sulli, a miss from Lau Clan. They were like best friends when Sulli consoled her to accompany her to the ball. She was reluctant at first but Sulli just know how to win her heart. 

“Amber! Can you see that man over there?” Sulli shrieked cutely. She was stunning in her blue gown with sophisticated layer of satin and wool that absolutely terrific yet perfect choice for the high class ball she was attending.

Amber looked at the tall man with perfectly curved nose, sparkling eyes and pinkish lips sitting near the bar.

“Phenomenal! I never know a perfect man like that could exist in our world.” Amber stared right through Kris when Sulli shook her body.

“He’s my target for tonight. I’ll make sure he’s mine.” Sulli walked gracefully towards Kris.

“Okay, then… Good luck.” Amber instead walked the opposite direction toward the buffet.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“So, your name is…” Sulli pouted his lips ily hoping the man in front of her to fall in love with her just like the previous man she slept with.

“Kris” Kris answered short. He was busy eyeing the girl that managed to caught his attention, rip down his trembling heart and shaken his hot blooded male soul.

“Hm… What a hot name for a hot man like you.” This time Sulli’s hand run wildly on Kris chest. Skin-ship never failed her before. 

“And you must be the flirty  with one night stand agenda that has been roaming around the village. You are quite a popular creature among the guys.” Kris gave a smack on Sulli’s wet luscious lips before left her stature. Sulli’s heart trembled in rage. She touched her warm lips hoping that Kris lips will come to her lips again. But, this time with passion and love.

“I’ll make sure you’re mine. Kris Wu, I’ll make you fall in love with me!” Sulli smiled as she planning her strategy.

At the same time, Amber was gulping her fourth plate of a fish cuisine that she never tasted in her whole life. The waiter that have been standing there to manage the food watched her in disbelief as she was choking in all the food served. 

“Miss, you’ve been eating since half an hour ago. Is your stomach fine?” Luhan looked at the girl in worried.

“ You know, I am just from an ordinary family but my friend asked me to come along. That’s why I’ve got a chance to come. I thought it would be great and fun but it isn’t. The song is too boring and the thing they do is dancing and chatting. Thank goodness there are a lot of food. What’s your name?” Amber mouth was filled with food made her hard to speak.

“Erm, you might want to stop talking miss. My name is Luhan.” He worried that she might get choked.

“That’s a nice name! My name is Amber and I noticed that you’ve been staring at me since I started eating. Why?”

“Because… You are so beautiful miss. You’re the most stunning woman tonight!” praised Luhan in sincere.

“It is also because I’ve never seen such a glutinous young woman gulping down almost half of the banquet in a short time. I’m impressed!!” Luhan thought to himself.   

“Miss Amber, would you like to dance with me?” Kris popped out of nowhere offer Amber a dance.

 “Huh? I’m sorry, but, who are you?”   

“Pardon me but can you repeat the question?” Kris scratched his head. He never expected people to not recognized him.

“You are? I’m sorry, but I’m new here. So, I barely knew anyone.” Amber sneered awkwardly. 

“I’m Kris Wu. So, shall we dance?” Kris asked again. Just then, Sulli called her from distant.

“Amber! We’re going home! The car is here! Quick!” Sulli walked toward the exit.

“Sorry. Time over. I’ll need to go! Bye, Luhan! It’s nice meeting you both. And, uh, see you both later, perhaps.” Amber ran toward the exit.

Kris eyes glinted at Amber.

“I will.” He smiled charmingly.